• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010
    Steven wrote
    I'd keep the Klingon music if it wasn't for that weird horn sound which sounds like an actual Klingon attempting to play a trumpet, and then the slow Vulcan music which is... meh. The rest just hinges on Horner's first score's themes, and they're my favourite parts. But they're still not as good as Khan as its best, so I might as well just listen to Khan. Which is what I do. I could easily live without Search for Spock. :epic-Ben-Hur-like-shrug:

:sigh:
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2011
    I had an utterly bizarre dream last night. The details are, as ever, sketchy but I do remember being sold chocolate by an eccentric man called Meredith Holt (who was being played by an overweight Michael York, incidentally). I'm sure it ended, as most of my dreams do, with Birmingham being firebombed at night by a fleet of DHL cargo planes.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2011
    I love that last bit! lol
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2011 edited
    I've been on Malarone against malaria for the last couple of weeks, which tends to make your dreams even weirder. A few night ago, in Tanzania, I dreamt that there was an uprising in a Tanzania street. Chaos everywhere. However, a local dive center led by a dive master (Matthew McConnaughey, of all people) took some of the children into safety by lowering them into a floating elevator that took them to a glass cube underwater. However, he had to stay on the outside to maneuver it, and since I wanted down there too, he offered to do it without a mask. Well down in some white corridor, he seemed to have died, but there was some life left. I then called Sean Connery, his dad, to tell him about the fact that his son was in Scotland(!?!?) and needed to talk to him. Ol' Sean seemed genuinely surprised, but touched. After that, there is a gap, after which I return on some harbour area, peeking around the corner on a group of dissatisfied teachers. I hold one package of green and dark grapes in my hand. I suddenly leap from the bridge into the water, and just then everything freezes like in a film. I've acquired some sort of victory.

Totally random, synapses blowing off in this and that direction. But hilarious nonetheless.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2011
    Wow. Matthew McConaughey could kick both Chuck Connors and Jack Bauers ass in your dreams!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    I love that last bit! lol

It's always terrifying in the dream itself! I've had that sequence occur that many times, it makes me nervous to visit the city centre at dark. I know it sounds ridiculous but it's not gang violence or mugging that frightens me away, it's the aviation divisions of international logistics services!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2011 edited
    I had a wonderful John Williams dream last night, which I memorized five times the moment I woke up. I need to write it down before I forget it.

--------------------

I had scheduled an interview with Williams for my magazine montages.no (similarly as I did with Goldenthal in Ghent a couple of weeks ago) by e-mail, and arrived at his house somewhere up in the mountains or countryside -- maybe the Boston area? It looked very plain and grey, though, just like any odd family house in smalltown Norway.

I can't remember if I rang the doorbell or just went inside, but I suddenly found myself in the hallway. At the end of it, I saw the living room where Williams was seated in a huge comfy chair, talking to some female associate of his. I wanted to wait untill he had finished, so I just went inside a storage room with windows. Outside was a small mountain creek and I watched as a pair of huge stone tablets floated by with a couple of trees on each.

Finally Williams came out and noticed me, although not particularly welcoming.

- "You did get my e-mail?" I asked

- "Yes, yes....", he said, but with a distant air.

- "OK, great, it'll just be 5-10 minutes, I promise", I said.

In fact, he looked as if he wanted to be somewhere else. Far too important to spend time with little me. Gruff, disinterested and distracted.

- "I love all the redwood trees in this area", I said, also noticing lots of tree sculptures, paintings, fountains and trees inside his living room (as you know, Williams has a fascination for trees). But I didn't get much of a response.

Finally we were seated in the living room area with the comfy chairs and I went straight into my first question:

- "So, Elliot Goldenthals's FINAL FANTASY score apparently cost $300 a day to make. What do you think about that?"

Then I went on to something with Michel Legrand after that. I can't remember what Williams replied, but I remember being very embarrassed and angry with my irrelevant questions now that I finally had the opportunity to ask anything.

What was very interesting, though, was how he completely changed character in the interview. Now he suddenly became the warm, softspoken gentleman we've seen in so many interviews.

At some point, we decided to go outside for the rest of the interview. There, we were seated at some wooden platform, and there were some other people sitting at another table nearby, as if we were on a public outdoor restaurant or something. Lots of trees and nature around, but still with a very Norwegian look, not American. The tone eventually improved, but all of a sudden Thomas and Gilles Glorieux sat down by the table. I was glad to see them, of course, but I needed to finish my interview and couldn't have more distractions.

Just then, we felt a few drops of rain and I saw dark clouds above. The interview fell apart, but even more importantly, I needed to get my photo with my composer hero before it was too late.

"The photos, I need to take some photos", I said, pulling up my crappy camera and starting shooting Williams as he rose from the table and, smilingly, stumbled towards me with a big plastic glass of beer. Then I quickly threw the camera to Thomas so he could take a few pics with me and him. He complied, but then he eventually metamorphosed into my sister. Gilles disappeared, but the goal had been achieved. Picture with Williams taken.

That's about what I remember.

The next part of the dream had nothing to with Williams, but a huge, 50-meter tsunami wave that was hurdling towards a small ferry between Norway and Denmark that I was on. I remember being on it and seeing it foaming and rising in the horizon as a gigantic wall of water and asking myself if I should stay outside or if I should go down below when it hits.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2011
    O.M.G. omg
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I really enjoyed reading that. smile
    Thanks for writing that down for us, Thor.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The Glorieux Brothers were in and one of them turned into your sister? Goddamn!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I know.

dizzy
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I usually dream about working but with no one I remember.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Loved it Thor cool

As for the Tsunami dream I believe these are quite popular themes in dreams, I've had numerous big wave or tsunami dreams.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Loved it Thor cool

As for the Tsunami dream I believe these are quite popular themes in dreams, I've had numerous big wave or tsunami dreams.

Yes, I've had plenty of those myself, and I know of quite a few others who've had it too.

But it's always the big, skyscraper-tall Hollywood wave, like the one from DEEP IMPACT, never the real-life tsunami that is just a massive, dirty block of water that forces its way onto the main land.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I guess I must want to go back to work even though I know I can't.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Loved it Thor cool

Yes, I've had plenty of those myself, and I know of quite a few others who've had it too.

But it's always the big, skyscraper-tall Hollywood wave, like the one from DEEP IMPACT, never the real-life tsunami that is just a massive, dirty block of water that forces its way onto the main land.

Yeap! Same here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Thanks for writing that down Thor. cheesy

You know I had a dream about Hans Zimmer (several dreams actually in the weeks since Ghent) but I thought it was too stupid to write it down!! Now I read yours and it's not stupid at all.
    spin

In my dream Bregt and Elin were there too but Elin was also a lady from the Festival or perhaps she was a press agent, some kind of mix of people anyway. It was a week ago, I remember not all of it, just bits. The dream:

I did not meet Hans in Ghent personally and I didn't like that. But then a festival lady gave me a ticket for the next day because Hans would be in Antwerpen that day. I really wanted to take my chance but on the next day I overslept or something so I thought 'now I'm going to miss it' ! Still I tried to get there by train (I then had some weird dreaming about the trains and about a boarding school where I had stayed to sleep). I don't remember what happened next but then the festival lady and Bregt and Hans and me were sitting at a table for dinner. The table was square and kind of big and each sat at one side. I remember not feeling comfortable with that, because there was much distance between us all. The festival lady had turned into Elin there at the table by the way...

I don't remember much else from that dream except the mood and the place where the table was (like a cozy place to eat with brown wooden tables) . What I remember most is the atmosphere and a huge attraction between me and Hans, haha, it was really erotic I guess, but we were just sitting at a table really. Nothing happened, it was just the vibe of attraction. It was both nice and frustrating, because I wanted to hug him but I couldn't. In the end I woke up in love, thinking of his brown eyes and things like that...
    love

Dreams can be stupid and fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2011
    Hahaha! Too much info I guess... shame I apologize.

Anyway, do you ever wake up thinking 'Why did I dream about this??'. I had a dream two days ago and who was in it?

John Lithgow.

Why? I have no idea. Haven't seen him on TV for months or perhaps even half a year or a year?? So weird.
    He acted weird too in the dream. Funny but a bit disturbing too... How did my subconscious come up with that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2011 edited
    Bregje wrote

biggrin

No, I was just shocked you could betray poor Klaus like that! wink

Annoyingly I had a score-related dream last night....and I have NO idea any more what it was about!!! crazy
    I just remember that scores were involved.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thanks for sharing your dream too, Bregje. I can just picture you and Hans and the others at a LOTR-like pub somewhere. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Bregje wrote

biggrin

No, I was just shocked you could betray poor Klaus like that! wink

Annoyingly I had a score-related dream last night....and I have NO idea any more what it was about!!! crazy
    I just remember that scores were involved.

Forgettable film scores ? Hm that must have been a dream about John ottman then.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Always work or research and I don't remember. If I stayed up to write it all down I'd be awake.
    Tom
  1. Thor wrote

"The photos, I need to take some photos", I said, pulling up my crappy camera and starting shooting Williams as he rose from the table and, smilingly, stumbled towards me with a big plastic glass of beer. Then I quickly threw the camera to Thomas so he could take a few pics with me and him. He complied, but then he eventually metamorphosed into my sister. Gilles disappeared, but the goal had been achieved. Picture with Williams taken.

the fact I morph into Thor's sister kinda disturbs me, kinda dizzy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It should.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thor wrote

LOL! biggrin

It must have been some sort of associative thing....seeing you two brothers immediately connected to my own sister. But it would have made more sense if it were my brother, at the very least.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thor wrote

LOL! biggrin

It must have been some sort of associative thing....seeing you two brothers immediately connected to my own sister. But it would have made more sense if it were my brother, at the very least.

is your sister hot?

If she's hot I can live with the morphing thing wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thor wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thor wrote

LOL! biggrin

is your sister hot?

If she's hot I can live with the morphing thing wink

She is, but she's taken, Thomas. Sorry. wink
    I am extremely serious.
  3. don't worry, in dreams everything's possible smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2011
    Another film music-related dream last night.

I dreamt that Ford Thaxton(!) was establishing a soundtrack store in Oslo. A version of him, anyway, this one had a full, black beard, was bald and no suspenders. He looked like a young Rob Reiner. As no soundtrack store has ever existed in Norway, neither online nor brick-and-mortar, I was of course very excited.

Entering the rather small store with a huge crowd on opening day, I immediately went for a cheapie bin and found lots of treasures, among them Horner's COCOON (I have no particular interest in this score, but I assume it appeared as a lucrative object because of its collectability) and others I can't remember while the other non-soundtrack fans rummaged through the aisles. I was convinced that I had a huge advantage, being one of the few hardcore Norwegian soundtrack fans.

Anyways, I put the pile of collected CD's (all of them gems) next to me while I flipped through some CD's further on, but as I turned back, they had all gone! Who could have taken them? I looked around, and saw some potential thiefs, but I didn't know exactly who so it led to a sense of paranoia and anger.

He, he...

I wonder if it was triggered because of all the threads about the Family Store offers, and me wanting to "project" a similar situation to a Norwegian setting.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2012 edited
    Me and Mel watching fuzzy ball things and lurid green parrots swimming underwater in a crystal clear pool/river, me driving a big vehicle like a stumpy version of the one in Damnation Alley and I'm smashing vehicles into the sky with it, a midget woman about 2ft tall getting me in a painful headlock, Gomez biting off the jaw of another cat and I intervene and the cat attacks me but no one can tell me if the missing house at the end of the street where I was brought up was destroyed by World War II, something to do with a man eating metal/collecting metal, same man is spotted by me eating a huge fossil of a Trilobite except that the fossil is floppy and looks like it was made of leather, I'm walking through a really vast English countryside landscape except that it's all coloured a dull red/brown, I feel it and it's canvas, a close friend tells me he laid it all down over the countryside because it makes the grass grow, then I'm sat in a cave with an old friend who I haven't seen for 20 years, we were watching hippy rock band Hawkwind who appeared as a sunset, I felt uncomfortable sat next to my old friend who was having a gender change and had grown breasts.