• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Things that put a smile on my face today #3

THIS THEME

chicken

It is a great theme eh Martijn!? It makes me want to do a more frantic version of Adam West Bat-dancing cheesy cool I had to replay it to feel better again.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Things that put a smile on my face today #3

THIS THEME

chicken

It is a great theme eh Martijn!? It makes me want to do a more frantic version of Adam West Bat-dancing cheesy cool I had to replay it to feel better again.

Awesome ! Loved the series as a kid !
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    My niece was just born a few minutes ago smile

Going to the hospital right now to meet her, and see how happy my brother and his wife are. Now that's good news!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wow wow beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2011 edited
    Great news!May she always be happy and healthy!Fireworks for the baby girl! fireworks
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    True joy in this shitty grim worl.
  1. Great news Marselus!

Tonic to feel good? Today it was just getting out for a great walk in the sunshine surrounded by the North Wales scenery.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Fluffy! Fluffy! cat bhangra baby bhangra cat
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Great news Marselus!

Tonic to feel good? Today it was just getting out for a great walk in the sunshine surrounded by the North Wales scenery.

That would make me feel good too. It was quite miserable here, wet and grey.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Congrats Marcel! cheesy
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thanks everybody!

Just got back from the hospital. Everything is fine, and the baby is healthy....and hungry! beer
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bless! angelic
  2. I can hear again!! And I can listen to my music!
    :kilt:
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2011
    I can't tell whether that Bagpipe Bigsmile is plugging his ears or putting his hands to his sides... Whatever the case, he's seriously deformed! The stuff of nightmares!

FalkirkBairn wrote
    I can hear again!! And I can listen to my music!

But this is good news!
    Congrats Alan! That must be a bit of a relief!

What did you do?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Let nature take its course! And olive oil twice a day for a week. I am sure that it is not completely sorted - I will see what I am like tomorrow morning (I sleep on the same side as the problem ear). But it is certainly improved.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2011
    I finally got my blood thinner medication through the drug assist program. To have to purchase Aggrenox without insurance is $255.00 per month. They sent me a three month supply which will cover me until the end of the year. Next year I'll have insurance coverage again.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    This smile

And this is the result. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    This smile

Smooth!!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    This smile

Gods but I love you D biggrin beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2011
    humidity so I don't itch so much
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2011 edited
    Had a lovely dinner this evening with a female colleague of mine, Mareille, and her partner. They live in Utrecht, and I currently live in Amsterdam, in a rental apartment. After a while, Reinier, my colleague's partner, mentions that he used to live in Amsterdam as well. The following conversation went something like this:

Really? In what neighborhood?
    - Oh, I used to live in Amsterdam Bijlmer, which is where you currently live, right? So where's your apartment?
    Oh I live around the corner of the Amsterdam Arena.
    - Really? That's where I used to live! Where you have those 5 flat buildings... I used to live in the second one.
    Ah, I currently live in the 3rd one.
    - No, wait... I lived in the dark, good looking one. Not the one with the red bricks.
    Yes, that's the 3rd one, that's where I live! What floor?
    - Think it was the eight floor... We looked out on the river on the left, and the other flat on the other side.
    Wow, that means you lived in my flat, and even on my side! Just a few floors up!
    - Wait, no, we didn't live at the top floor... just a few floors down... What number do you live?
    150!
    - Wait a second... NO WAY!

So, it turned out he and his ex girlfriend, who I had contact with about buying the floor of the apartment and the closet from, were the former renters of my apartment! And his ex girlfriend, who was pregnant at the time, was pregnant of the little boy my colleague keeps talking about and I keep seeing pictures on Facebook of for the last year! ("He was conceived in that apartment!", " Too much information! Not in my bedroom, right?!").

I just returned from the dinner and went through old mail that's been lying around here (didn't throw it away, because it wasn't my mail, but somehow hadn't gotten around to set it through) THAT WAS ADRESSED TO HIM!

Such a bizarre sensation. Six degrees of separation!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2011
    Yikes! Almost spooky. shocked
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Well, going through the mail I knew had always been lying around in the storage closet, and finding the TOP magazine was addressed to him, who my colleague had talked about for such a long time, actually was really, pretty spooky indeed! Also my colleague, realizing she had been here at my housewarming and as such now knew she had actually seen the apartment of her current boyfriend and his ex, was really bizarre! dizzy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVSRm80WzZk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    BobdH wrote
    Had a lovely dinner this evening with a female colleague of mine, Mareille

Yay! smile

, and her partner.

Nay! sad

wink

Eerie story, Bob.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Damn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Ha! Great story Bob! cheesy

With coincidental things like this I always wonder how many there are we do not find out about. I mean, if you didn't have this conversation about where you live you wouldn't have found out.

So sometimes I'd like to think of the number of coincidences there really are, also without knowing... That's a funny thought.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Yeah, I was thinking about that as well! We probably never would've known if I hadn't come to dinner! We talked a bit about six degrees of separation, and how the suggestion that we are all connected with fewer steps then we might think, suddenly doesn't seem so dumb anymore.

A few weeks ago, I noticed something like that on Facebook as well. A picture showed up on my timeline that was shared by an old student mate of me from a few years ago. However, this old friend wasn't in my friends list... and although he was the original sharer, it ultimately came in my timeline because British friends of mine from England were sharing it... They didn't know him, but via, via, via, the picture this old mate of mine had come to them. This whole social media thing makes things like this, or the more regular "hey, I didn't know these two knew each other!", visible, which can be quite revealing as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    BobdH wrote
    Yeah, I was thinking about that as well! We probably never would've known if I hadn't come to dinner!

You even wouldn't have known if the conversation had just ended here:

- Oh, I used to live in Amsterdam Bijlmer, which is where you currently live, right? So where's your apartment?
    Oh I live around the corner of the Amsterdam Arena.
    - Really? That's where I used to live!

About coincidence... I sometimes have this idea, an experimental thought: wouldn't it be fun if we could just pick one stranger, like from the same city, and then see on some sort of map with two moving dots how often you pass eachother, in the streets, at the same store, event, whatever. Or do that with anyone, also people you know. I think you'd be surprised how often that is. Thinking like that makes me not believe in fate by the way, I really don't believe in meant to be things.
    smile

Since you're Dutch, here's a little light verse poem from Kees Torn, about 'toeval':

'Wat is dat nou? Komt Agaat niet?'
    'Nee, zij zou, is mij verteld,
    door een toeval zijn geveld'
    'Door een toeval? Dat bestaat niet!'

tongue I love Kees Torn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Bregje wrote
    About coincidence... I sometimes have this idea, an experimental thought: wouldn't it be fun if we could just pick one stranger, like from the same city, and then see on some sort of map with two moving dots how often you pass eachother, in the streets, at the same store, event, whatever. Or do that with anyone, also people you know. I think you'd be surprised how often that is. Thinking like that makes me not believe in fate by the way, I really don't believe in meant to be things.
    smile

Could be fun, indeed. With iPhones and Google Maps on it, constantly knowing where you are, it would be quite easy to perform such an experiment as well. And like you say, you are more often close to a friend without you knowing then you'd think. A few weeks ago, for example, late at night, after having had a few drinks, I was waiting in my train on Utrecht Central for it to bring me home. To kill time, I logged in on Twitter, and saw a friend, who's living quite somewhere else, mentioning he was on Utrecht Central as well at that moment, waiting for his train! If Twitter didn't exist, we never would've known that we were only a few meters away. You really don't know how often stuff like that happen, and it would be fun to make that more transparent. Isn't an app like 4Square made for this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Bregje wrote
    Since you're Dutch, here's a little light verse poem from Kees Torn, about 'toeval':

'Wat is dat nou? Komt Agaat niet?'
    'Nee, zij zou, is mij verteld,
    door een toeval zijn geveld'
    'Door een toeval? Dat bestaat niet!'

tongue I love Kees Torn.

Hehe cheesy