• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Posted at LLLR's Facebook page:

Spring is in full bloom and what better way to celebrate than letting you know what is hatching at the ol' Triple L

The following is a brief rundown of what we have in store for the next 2 months. More specific info to follow closer to release dates.
    And, please note, dates are subject to change:

On May 7, we will be releasing two great soundtracks:

WILLARD by Shirley Walker – my all time favorite Walker film score. A true masterpiece!

BANDOLERO by Jerry Goldsmith – a new and improved edition with stunning art direction by Jim Titus and insightful liner notes by Julie Kirgo

THE CHALLENGE also comes back in stock on May 7 – new and improved as well. Those who ordered the earlier version of our release need not do anything. A new version will be sent out to you a soon as the cds come in.

May 21 will bring two soundtracks – one from the world of television and one from the world of film:

ROSEWOOD – expanded 2 cd set of one of John Williams most emotional scores. This release marks the first in a series of soundtracks set to come out this year in celebration of Warner Bros 90th Anniversary.

CHARMED – CBS and La-La Land our proud to announce this officially licensed 2 cd set featuring the very best music composer J Peter Robinson wrote for the quirky television series.

Tentatively scheduled for June 4 and June 18 are

CAPRICA – 2 cd set featuring the best music Bear wrote for this Battlestar Galactica prequel series.

INTO THE WEST – 2 cd set features fantastic music from the Emmy winning score from the epic mini-series by Geoff Zanelli

I, THE JURY – awesome Bill Conti score to the 1980’s crime thriller

YOUNG JUSTICE – featuring music from both seasons of the under-rated Cartoon network animated tv show.

We may swap some titles out for others that may be done first but this gives you an idea of what we have in store for you guys over the next two months

And just a reminder -- don't miss out on the awesome signing this Saturday, April 27 at Dark Delicacies in Burbank, CA. The composer and director of the new hit horror film EVIL DEAD will be there signing cds and posters from the film. You can order the cds at www.darkdel.com

Stay groovy!
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. And an update on the "Police Academy" set:

As a matter of fact Mr Folk is tweaking the producer's assembly as I type. Expect a late summer/Fall release

MV
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2013
    justin boggan wrote
    Posted at LLLR's Facebook page:

ROSEWOOD – expanded 2 cd set of one of John Williams most emotional scores. This release marks the first in a series of soundtracks set to come out this year in celebration of Warner Bros 90th Anniversary.

Great score, but I'm pleased with the existing soundtrack. I can't remember much worthwhile extra music in the film either, but it's been a while since I saw it last.

INTO THE WEST – 2 cd set features fantastic music from the Emmy winning score from the epic mini-series by Geoff Zanelli

Damn, when I read the title, I thought it was going to be the brilliant Patrick Doyle score from the early 90's -- long OOP and hard-to-find. Now THAT is the kind of Doyle that I like.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. The next two Intrada's seem to have been confirmed by Roger:

"Days of Wine and Roses" (Henry Mancini)
    "Fire Birds" (David Newman)
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Hmm... kind of disappointed about those future releases of LLL...

Was hoping for the rumored/delayed "Wyatt Earp" from JNH as a 3-disc-set to see light of day.
  4. Kevin Costner is still shooting a picture and hasn't signed off on the "Wyatt Earp" set yet; that's the hold up, according to MV.
  5. An upcoming Krizerland which has no date yet. It's a Raksin:

Too Late Blues is finishing up finally - it's in the queue to be mastered and we're working on the packaging - so in the next couple of months
  6. justin boggan wrote
    The next two Intrada's seem to have been confirmed by Roger:

I know that Tom will be pleased with this Mancini release.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's a good theme, if a bit saccharine (Mancini tends to do that now and again).
    I don't think I'll get any of this.
    My credit card thanks me. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  7. justin boggan wrote
    New Star Trek expansion from GNP Records; exact day not in stone, but mid May is the aim:
    http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg21 … 6278_n.jpg

Thanks to FSM member ScottDS for uploading the photo from the GNP Facebook announcement.

Wow, I did not expect that! A welcome release even though there isn't much music missing from the original release and the sound quality is quite good.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  8. FalkirkBairn wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    The next two Intrada's seem to have been confirmed by Roger:

I know that Tom will be pleased with this Mancini release.

I am more curious about the David Newman one wink , but then I'm not Tom tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  9. The next Kritzerland has been guessed (as well as a hidden announcement of a yet another future title):

The World of Suzie Wong?

Well, let's put it this way: Since the day I got into Paramount I've been after this score. It's taken a long time, but it finally happened and the result is incredible, a seventy-eight minute CD that is a Kritzerland Holy Grail, and one of Mr. Duning's supreme achievements, for me second only to Picnic. The previous CD was only an import from RCA Spain and was horrid and, of course, only the album presentation running around thirty-five minutes, over half of which was source music. This release has every note of the score, all the source music (very much a part of the fabric of the film), but only the Duning source music used within the score presentation because it never really sounds like source music and it's classic Duning, with the source music by others all presented at the end along with a couple of alternates. It is a Kritzerland dream come true to do it and it's also one of Lukas Kendall's favorites, who was very involved in this release.

I'm listening to it for the tenth time as a finished master and it is so indescribably beautiful.

Future title:

haineshisway: (Kritzerland)
    manderley:
    I very much would enjoy THE PLEASURE OF HIS COMPANY!

Yes, I keep hoping for this, too, one day.

(For years I've had the song by Newman, beautifully recorded by Vic Damone on an LP as "The Pleasure of HER Company," conducted by someone named Johnny Williams!..... )

Never fear, it's coming - we've just started work on it.

Alfred Newman is the composer.
  10. Low quantity alert from LLLR (post at FSM April 30th):

The Edge is hovering around 250

Justice League New Frontiers is down to about 50 units

Shane is down to 200 or so as well

Rat Patrol is down to like 90

MV
  11. New releases from GDM

GDM 4164 UN KILLER PER SUA’ MAESTA’ (THE KILLER LIKES CANDY) Gianni Marchetti
    UN KILLER PER SUA’ MAESTA’, a 1968 Spy movie directed by Richard Owens and starring Kerwin Mathews (the 7th voyage of Sinbad), Marilù Tolo, Venantino Venantini,Gordon Mitchell, Riccardo Garrone.Shrewd and evasive ex-Nazi and top assassin Oscar Snell is determined to rub out the King of Kafiristan. Snell's sole weakness is his sweet tooth; he leaves candy wrappers at the scene of his every crime. It's up to no-nonsense CIA agent Mark Stone to find Snell and stop him before it's too late. EuroSpy movie with a terrific score by great Gianni Marchetti. Issued for the first time from the mono tapes with a total time of 51:19. Exciting lounge atmospheres with a superb performance of I Cantori Moderni di Alessandroni.

GDM 4165 IL RICHIAMO DEL LUPO / TRE PER UNA GRANDE RAPINA (Le Mataf) Stelvio Cipriani
    IL RICHIAMO DEL LUPO (The great adventure) is a 1975 movie directed by Gianfranco Baldanello and starring Jack Palance, Joan Collins, Elisabetta Virgili reprising stories and atmospheres of the Jack London novels. M°Cipriani has written a lovely romantic theme for the friendship of the child and the wolf alternating it to action themes, often wild and dramatic. The score is issued for the first time. This CD is coupled with the premiere CD re-issue of the rare album containing the music score from the Italo/French co-production TRE PER UNA GRANDE RAPINA (Le Mataf) directed in 1973 by Serge Leroy and starring Michel Constantin, Adolfo Celi, Annie Cordy, Cathie Rosier. This noir involves secret microfilms ,frame-ups, corrupt lawyer and lots of dollars. Stelvio Cipriani has writtem romantic/nostalgic music alternated to lounge music and some mystery/action cues. In the session master tapes inedit music was happily discovered not included in the original LP bringing the CD to a total time of 60:16 in full stereo.

GDM 4166 I MALAMONDO Ennio Morricone
    I MALAMONDO is a 1964 Mondo movie directed by Paolo Cavarra. This documentary looks at strange behaviors and practices in Europe, including nude skiing in Switzerland, hot-butchering in Italy, and an orgy in a graveyard. Ennio Morricone has written a very varied lovely score with a lot of Lounge Music. The original album was printed In Italy and Usa, and then re-issued on CD in Italy and in Japan. For this brand new CD edition, the first generation 1964 Album master tape in full stereo was used. About 15 minutes of inedit music in mono approved by composer himself was also added bringing the CD to a total time of 59:10
  12. Opps -- we announced too early Amazon.com strikes again. A new LLLR title will be:

"The Conjuring" (Joseph Bishara)

LLLR hasn't said anything yet, though they usually do after somebody points out the Amazon listings, so we'll know the release date later.
  13. DISCONTINUATION ALERT

Thanks to an FSM member pointing it out:

Available Until June 3 2013 Or While Supplies Last!

Cherry 2000 / The House of God (Basil Poledouris)
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7116/.f

A Raisin in the Sun / Requiem for a Heavyweight (Laurence Rosenthal)
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6805/.f

Based on the sound clips, that Rosenthal one is a winner. Too bad it didn't sell out, but rather it's being discontinued.
  14. New Quartet Records releases -- a Morricone and a Williams:
    http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0
  15. justin boggan wrote
    New Quartet Records releases -- a Morricone and a Williams:

I own the German x-label edition of the Heidi score. I believe it provides me with everything I need.
    The score is a fine spiceman of pre-Spielberg John Williams. Recommended for all fans of the maestro.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  16. justin boggan wrote
    New Quartet Records releases -- a Morricone and a Williams:

I just heard Heidi several weeks ago. It's indeed pure John Williams material. I'm sure this improved sound quality will make it even better smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  17. Small update on those who rodered the expanded ST:TNG "The Best of Both Worlds" release from GNP:

Due to regrettable oversight the ship date for the new Best of Both Worlds is looking more likely to be Friday 24th May, as opposed to the Monday 20th we originally planned for. If we get our hands on the product before then, we will begin shipping immediately.
  18. An update from LLLR:

ROSEWOOD - 2 CD SET
    MUSIC BY JOHN WILLIAMS
    LLLCD 1244
    LIMITED EDITION OF 3500 UNITS
    RETAIL PRICE: $24.98

PRODUCED BY MIKE MATESSINO AND DIDIER C DEUTSCH
    MASTERED BY MIKE MATESSINO
    LINER NOTES BY MIKE MATESSINO
    ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

La-La Land Records, Sony Music and Warner Bros Pictures are proud to announce the definitive release of John William's lush and hauntingly beautiful score to the 1997 John Singleton film ROSEWOOD. This epic 2 cd set features the intrumental score on Disc 1 and the original motion picture soundtrack on disc 2. Remastered and massively expanded, this fantastic score gets the deluxe treatment with in-depth liner notes by Mike Matessino and gorgeous art direction by Dan Goldwasser.

This title goes on sale next Tuesday May 21 at 1 pm pst

This will be the ONLY title up for sale that day. Charmed has been delayed until June 18 (waiting on Mr Robinson to get back in town to sign the booklets).

See y'all next week!
  19. New Kritzerland release:
    http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0 (announcement thread)
  20. New trailer to "Riddick" says the soundtrack will be on Back Lot Music. Since there's been no song albums for the first two films, I think it's logical to assume this is a score CD.
  21. New from Music Box Records (including two Morricone scores):

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0 (announcement thread)
  22. Update from Perserverance Records:

May 14, 2013
    *New Craig Safan Album in the Works*
    I just got home from Chas Ferry's studio where we were mixing our fourth collaboration with Craig, and, in all modesty: It's the best sounding album we have ever done! Stay tuned...
    Robin

They have also pushed the un-named 1980's Holy Grail score for release sometime later this year.
  23. So it will sound better than Rain Man? wink
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  24. And a interesting release from Christopher Young:
    http://officialchristopheryoung.com/spain/
  25. More composers doing non-film stuff. Great.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  26. Coming May 27th from Beat Records:
  27. A deal over at LLLR:

THE LA-LA LAND “DADS AND GRADS MEMORIAL DAY
    SUMMER SPECTACULAR!” (That oughta cover it!)

Celebrate summer’s kickoff with us
    by taking 20% OFF YOUR ENTIRE ORDER.
    Simply enter the coupon code
    JWROCKS
    at checkout and you’ll save 20% off of your entire order. We won’t be having another site-wide, across-the-board offer like this for a long time, so act now and save big! Sale starts at 12pm (PST) on 5/21 and runs until 11:50am (PST) on 6/4. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com