• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. As far as I understand it, there's only really a few (2-3) short cues that have been added to make the score "complete". The remainder is made up of some alternates (± choir, ±toy sound effects, etc).

The expansion to the deluxe version was a big step up from the original, short release. I can't see there being much more being added for this new release.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2013
    The Matrix - D Davis

Exceptional.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    NP: FROM HELL - Trevor Jones

A gothic delight and amongst Jones' very best work (together with Dark City... can't decide which one is better, though I usually go with the one I'm listening at that moment).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2013 edited
    Southall wrote
    The Matrix - D Davis

Exceptional.

Are these comments a glimpse into the future of MovieWave reviews?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    The Matrix - D Davis

Exceptional.

Yes. Or no.
  2. BobdH wrote

A gothic delight and amongst Jones' very best work (together with Dark City... can't decide which one is better, though I usually go with the one I'm listening at that moment).

Funnily enough this film is showing on the UK version of TCM at this very minute!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Southall wrote
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    The Matrix - D Davis

Exceptional.

Yes. Or no.

Shouldn't that be:

Yes. Or
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  4. "No" meaning "Yes"?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. Southall wrote
    The Matrix - D Davis

Exceptional.

I don't know why, but this never blew me away.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2013
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Southall wrote
    The Matrix - D Davis

Exceptional.

I don't know why, but this never blew me away.

I'm curious, did you listen to it when it first came out? The score never "blew" my mind, but it was really different at the time in comparison to other scores, and I found myself wanting to really listen to it.
  6. I think I listened to it only 3-4 years ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    I think I listened to it only 3-4 years ago.

I think the awesomeness of Don Davis' work on the trilogy has filtered so much into the current scoring standard that it sounded normal by the time you listened to it.
  7. I was in Cologne today (about 70 km via autobahn) and visited a megastore with a well assorted CD department. I roamed the soundtrack outlay. I don't know when I did that the last time. SO some kind of buying frenzy took hold of me. The outcome:

- S.O.S. Titanic by Howard Blake

- Nausicaä - by Joe Hisaishi

- Africa - by Sarah Class

- The Last Samurai - Hans Zimmer

- Music from the Transformers Trilogy - Steve Jablonsy, London Music Works perf.

That will last me for some time. cheesy

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Megamind - Hans Zimmer & Lorne Balfe

The love theme from Hans is GORGEOUS. While I like the action scoring that Lorne Balfe has came up, its start/stop nature (similar to how Henry Jackman has done it since Monsters Vs Aliens) becomes a bit distracting. I wouldn't mind listening to an expanded version of the score though. There are some really good writing within this score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    I was in Cologne today (about 70 km via autobahn) and visited a megastore with a well assorted CD department. I roamed the soundtrack outlay. I don't know when I did that the last time. SO some kind of buying frenzy took hold of me. The outcome:

- S.O.S. Titanic by Howard Blake

- Nausicaä - by Joe Hisaishi

- Africa - by Sarah Class

- The Last Samurai - Hans Zimmer

- Music from the Transformers Trilogy - Steve Jablonsy, London Music Works perf.

That will last me for some time. cheesy

Volker

That's a good haul!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Captain Future wrote

Terrible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    No, it's beautiful!
    I am extremely serious.
  8. We'll see.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    BobdH wrote

Funnily enough this film is showing on the UK version of TCM at this very minute!

My listen wasn't inspired by it! And when listening to it I visited Filmtracks and the random Awarded Score thingy at the right top of the site showed From Hell as well! Isn't this too much coincidence?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: The Lone Ranger - Hans Zimmer

When the action kicks in, it's glorious. When it's thematic, it's an excellent time. Everything else is a wash.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    lp wrote
    NP: The Lone Ranger - Hans Zimmer

When the action kicks in, it's glorious. When it's thematic, it's an excellent time. Everything else is a wash.

I usually only listen to Silver, Absurdity and at times Finale (a rather overrated track since it's essentially the known Wilhelm piece, but the themes are worked into it pretty neatly). Overall I find it lacks structure or (when it really needs it) real emotion (Home does little for me). But those mentioned tracks are fun, and overall it's a decent enough work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Turbulence - Shirley Walker

Quite good, but it's a pity really an album wasn't released at the time, since that would probably have been 30 minutes long rather than 77 (and 30's all you need in this case).
  9. Thor wrote
    No, it's beautiful!

That Silva re-performance (I can't really say re-recording now can I, the whole thing being completely synth) thingy really is terrible. The originals are much better.
  10. Music from the Transformers Trilogy - Steve Jablonsy, London Music Works perf.

I cannot compare this recording to the original ones, because I never listened to those scores away from the films and those films I didn't see more than twice each.

I consider this rather generic RC/MV music, but still it's a nice easy listening experiance. But for me this music is not interesting enough to buy three CDs of it.

So I guess I am happy with what I have now.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2013
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Thor wrote
    No, it's beautiful!

That Silva re-performance (I can't really say re-recording now can I, the whole thing being completely synth) thingy really is terrible. The originals are much better.

Ah, I thought you were talking about the score. I don't have that particular album, but I absolutely adore Jablonsky's score for TRANSFORMERS, especially the first.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    NP: Europa Report - Bear McCreary

Upon first listen I find the main theme uncomfortably similar to his theme from Dark Void.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2013 edited
    NP: CELLULOID TUNES WEBCAST ABOUT FEMALE FILM COMPOSERS (various)

Wow. What an excellent program! I wonder who made it? I just discovered it at http://celluloidtunes.no/celluloid-tune … l-edition/

wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  11. Thor, I just downloaded the thing so that I can listen to it without clogging my non existend bandwith. I'll come back to heap my praise upon you later.

Just now I am listening to Sarah Class' Africa. Beautiful!

cheesy Volker