• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2013
    I get flashbacks to this scenario. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    popcorn

---

---

...'ang on? uhm

Unless of course you care to join me for drinks of you choosing and fanboy talk with me about JW all night long until we hug and weep tears of nostalgia like real men. hug

shocked

slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ahhhhhh! Back on track

Thor wrote
    I get flashbacks to this scenario. smile

popcorn
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Of youre there will be legions of terminators and cylons!

By my command!

So, Thor, how about Williams classical stuff? The cello stuff with Yo-yo Ma, "Tree Song", the "Violin Concerto" of which I have two versions, the "Flute Concerto", "American Journey"?

Ha? Have I rendered you speechles?
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    You put Treesong and American Journey in the same sentence? slant
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  2. Yes. Both are not film music.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hundreds of Terminators and Cylons v Thor = a hell of a lot of scrap metal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Captain Future wrote
    I'm interested in every single note John Williams has ever written. When it comes to JW I'm a fanboy and that applies to no other composer.

Ditto!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    You are only a true Williams fanboy if you can get through an entire listen of Thomas and The King without putting your fist through the wall, a computer monitor, your significant other or anything within arms reach.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    For a minute, I was thinking, "wow, that's a whole lotta posts within 24 hours, what's up". Then, dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2013 edited
    NP: Miami Vice - Various Artists

I'm always intrigued by Michael Mann's musical choices, but I enjoy the resulting albums. I like how it's eclectic in style, very moody in feel, with a murky ambience that somehow tugs on my interest level.
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    You are only a true Williams fanboy if you can get through an entire listen of Thomas and The King without putting your fist through the wall, a computer monitor, your significant other or anything within arms reach.

-Erik-

I did once listen to it on a CD lent from a friend. I refrained from making a digital copy or buy my own CD. It just didn't seem to be necessary.
    I am interested in everything the maestro has written. But that does not mean that I need everything ever released to sit on my shelf.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Miami Vice Season 5 - Tim Truman

Hot damn excellent 80s music. Drum machines, ethereal synth pads, ambient grooves, wailing electric guitars. Sign me up for the official release, PLEASE!!!!
  4. Captain Future wrote
    I'm interested in every single note John Williams has ever written. When it comes to JW I'm a fanboy and that applies to no other composer.

I feel the same way about Thomas Newman. Can't wait for Saving Mr. Banks.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I consider myself a huge JW fan though not in yours, Thor's or the Captain's league. I have not and will not listen to Thomas and The King all the way through and will happily never hear a note of it again....EVER!
  5. I have never even heard of Thomas and the King!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2013 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I have never even heard of Thomas and the King!

...you were better off for that. Avoid at all cost Highlander.

p.s. in case you don't know yet, it's a musical.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE BIG COUNTRY - Jerome Moross

This is the rerecording. One of the greatest film scores ever written and easily in my all time top 10
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

... and it's fooking terrible. I played a snippet of it during part three of my Williams tribute.
    http://www.cinematicsound.net/1963-2/

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

... and it's fooking terrible. I played a snippet of it during part three of my Williams tribute.
    http://www.cinematicsound.net/1963-2/

-Erik-

yeah

That was the second and last time I ever heard it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2013
    Timmer wrote

This is the rerecording. One of the greatest film scores ever written and easily in my all time top 10

Aahh, it must be that time again. It seems that you play this album every four to six weeks Tim!
    And rightly so. It is THE most played western score in my collection. My personal favourite western score of all time! Always rewarding and never grows stale. Just too many wonderful themes and moments to enjoy!
    beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2013 edited
    Captain Future wrote
    Of youre there will be legions of terminators and cylons!

By my command!

So, Thor, how about Williams classical stuff? The cello stuff with Yo-yo Ma, "Tree Song", the "Violin Concerto" of which I have two versions, the "Flute Concerto", "American Journey"?

Ha? Have I rendered you speechles?

I like most of his classical stuff. The only REALLY challenging pieces are the flute concerto and the duo concertante for violin and viola. I've heard everything in this department EXCEPT the piano sonata (1951), the wind quintet (ca. 1951) and the symphony no. 1 (1966) -- none of which have been recorded.

My favourite is still "The Five Sacred Trees" aka the bassoon concerto.

I also have selections from every film he has ever done and seen every film he has scored -- except one -- STORIA DI UNA DONNA (1970). I'm working on that right now.

That and much of the tv stuff (as well as the jazz albums) remain the last frontier.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Just delivered:

Caprica - The Series - Bear Mc Creary

Tinker Bell - Joel McNeely
    EDIT: Brilliant & highly entertaining!

First runs in the course of the day.

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2013 edited
    NP : WILD CHINA - Barnaby Taylor

This is a really lovely score to the BBC documentary series from 2008, very recommended.

Though I believe it's available as download only.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Atham wrote
    Timmer wrote

Aahh, it must be that time again. It seems that you play this album every four to six weeks Tim!
    And rightly so. It is THE most played western score in my collection. My personal favourite western score of all time! Always rewarding and never grows stale. Just too many wonderful themes and moments to enjoy!
    beer

It more than deserves it's classic status beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote

This is a really lovely score to the BBC documentary series from 2008, very recommended.

In fact, I'm trying to think if there has been any score this year that's as good or better than WILD CHINA? So far the answer is NO!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    REMEMBER ME is very good but I far prefer WILD CHINA ( I'm being a bit silly really because this score is about 5 years old now wink ), I need to listen to COPPERHEAD.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Remember Me and Copperhead!

Two of the very best of the year!

-Erik-
  7. Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote

In fact, I'm trying to think if there has been any score this year that's as good or better than WILD CHINA? So far the answer is NO!

There have been lots!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn