• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2012
    lol

Get it now before it goes back in the vault!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. A cracking set of tracks playing on iTunes at the moment - a selection of tracks from eXistenZ (Shore), Halloween III: Season of the Witch (Carpenter) and Elmer Bernstein's adaptation of Bernard Herrmann's Cape Fear.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE - John Barry

Brilliant!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Dances With Wolves John Barry

Also brilliant! I'm not the biggest John Barry fan (more of an appreciator), but this one's a particular favourite and personal score for me. A nice rest from more modern scores.
  2. Might return to that one quite soon. I miss Barry. I have ordered very cheaply On Her Majesty's Secret Service, which will be given to me as a birthday gift by my parents and I certainly hope it will be the expanded version from 2003, though a guy instilled some doubt in me. The price? About 4 pounds smile I have bought Williams' Saving Private Ryan for same price some months ago.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. NP: Nightwing - Henry Mancini

I forget how much excellent stuff is on this score. Quite reflective a lot of the time but there's a feel to the score that is very appealing. And I think that it's the general lack of "in your face" tracks that means that I tend to forget the general high standard of the score - if that makes sense!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2012
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Nightwing - Henry Mancini

I forget how much excellent stuff is on this score. Quite reflective a lot of the time but there's a feel to the score that is very appealing. And I think that it's the general lack of "in your face" tracks that means that I tend to forget the general high standard of the score - if that makes sense!

I love that score, wonderful orchestrations that exude warmth if that makes any sense.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. You are making just as much sense as I am.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Might return to that one quite soon. I miss Barry. I have ordered very cheaply On Her Majesty's Secret Service, which will be given to me as a birthday gift by my parents and I certainly hope it will be the expanded version from 2003, though a guy instilled some doubt in me. The price? About 4 pounds smile I have bought Williams' Saving Private Ryan for same price some months ago.

Darn! I really hope you're getting the expanded 2003 edition? These expanded editions can be picked up cheaply now but I've also seen the old releases at similar prices. Honestly, if it's not the expanded get rid of it and find out just what a deserved classic it is by hearing the expanded ( still not complete ) version.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    You are making just as much sense as I am.

Indeed. Making sense doesn't matter if we both like it, that's more than enough cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Dances With Wolves John Barry

Also brilliant! I'm not the biggest John Barry fan (more of an appreciator), but this one's a particular favourite and personal score for me. A nice rest from more modern scores.

cool
  5. Still on Skyfall. I can't stop listening to "Welcome to Scotland." It sounds a bit like the main theme from Newton Howard's score to Salt, but it's so catchy nonetheless.
  6. SKYFALL - Thomas Newman

First listen. Let's see if this is the first bond score I will actually like. I doubt it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    christopher wrote
    SKYFALL - Thomas Newman

First listen. Let's see if this is the first bond score I will actually like. I doubt it.

You don't like any Bond scores? Not even Eric Serra's GOLDENEYE?? shocked shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    AAAAAARGH!! Enough with the bloody SKYFALL already!!!! crazy wink

NP: THE GOOD THIEF (Elliot Goldenthal)

Love the sultry film noir vibe with North African undercurrents.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2012 edited
    NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL

AWESOME SCORE!

Let the sky fall
    When it crumbles
    We will stand tall
    Face it all together

Let the sky fall
    When it crumbles
    We will stand tall
    Face it all together
    At skyfall
    At skyfall

skyfall!

Yeah!

SKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYFALL! Yeowzah!
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    For Odin!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    :whip:
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    YES ERIK! punk

Me too. Playing it a lot since I've seen the film. What a terrific score and great cd.

Quartermaster, Welcome to Scotland, Grand Bazaar; Istanbul, Jellyfish, Komodo Dragon, ... So many fantastic tracks! I absolutely love the brass statements in Grand Bazaar. That opening track is one of the best this year.
    Kazoo
  7. I'm with both of you, I think it's brilliant and can't get enough of it, it's such a rich score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've played SKYFALL a few more times now, it's far from awesome but I will say I'm warming to it, some of it is very Bondian but it often veers into Bourne territory and some of the action tracks are a bloody yawn. A shame Adele's theme couldn't have been incorporated more, the best theme song since License To Kill IMO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Terrific score indeed.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    I've played SKYFALL a few more times now, it's far from awesome but I will say I'm warming to it, some of it is very Bondian but it often veers into Bourne territory and some of the action tracks are a bloody yawn. A shame Adele's theme couldn't have been incorporated more, the best theme song since License To Kill IMO.

I was never a fan of License to Kilt! wink

Personally, Surrender the best song from a Bond film since "A View To A Kill." But since that's not technically a title song (ARGH!) then my vote is for the rockin' "You Know My Name" which fits the incredible title sequence to a tee! Great, GREAT song! Adele's is good but it could have been so much better if she just let loose near the end of the song.

SKYFALL!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Surrender is okay ( great vocals and a far better and more deserving title song than Sheryl Crowe's dreary effort ) and I forgot about 'You Know My Name', a criminally underrated Bond song.

I agree Adele could have 'let loose' at the end, still, it's a superb Bond theme and sits nicely with the classics.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Here's some Bond scores rated by the size and boldness of the font...

ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE

TOMORROW NEVER DIES

Skyfall

goldeneye

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I like Skyfall because it's an excellent action score, and at the very least a good Thomas Newman score. I couldn't care less about whether it sounds Bond'ish or not, which is probably why I'm in a better position to enjoy it! (Saying that, I rather like Thomas Newman's take on what a James Bond score should sound like... but then I am no Bond fan by any stretch of the imagination. Give me the Bourne films any day!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL NP: SKYFALL

AWESOME SCORE!

Let the sky fall
    When it crumbles
    We will stand tall
    Face it all together

Let the sky fall
    When it crumbles
    We will stand tall
    Face it all together
    At skyfall
    At skyfall

skyfall!

Yeah!

SKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYFALL! Yeowzah!

Quoted since I done made a new page. Yay Skyfall!

edit: oh, apparently I didn't. Oh well. Skyfall.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote

TOMORROW NEVER DIES

Skyfall

goldeneye

wink

Oooh look, a new page biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote

TOMORROW NEVER DIES

Skyfall

goldeneye

wink

Oooh look, a new page biggrin

shame