• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2012
    yeah, I know those types too rolleyes smile

NP : THE FILM MUSIC OF - Clifton Parker

I just love these Rumon Gamba(mostly) conducted series from CHANDOS showcasing many scores that we'd maybe never hear beyond the films. Parker was a great talent and this is very worthwhile if you want to hear some exceptionally well written and very good music.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    King Kong Lives - John Scott

Is it sacrilege to say that this is my favourite Kong score?

I don't know James, I've never heard it. What's it like?

p.s. I hope you're getting/got the new FSM JB King Kong, I think it's absolutely stunning.

It sounds like it was written about 40-50 years earlier than it actually was (stunned to discover from the liner notes it was from the late 80s). It's big and melodic and lots of fun.

I do have the JB album - it only came on Saturday and I haven't listened as yet...
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Black Rain - Hans Zimmer

I'm really glad the expanded version finally got released. I've liked this score since the first time I bought it, at the nascent of my soundtrack love. This is pretty much the origin of most Zimmerisms that I've come to love, where it all came together and mingled and bred. It's as melodic as ever, even in its most ambient mode, something that the current Zimmer sometime doesn't do. The use of percussion for the city/urban setting is reminiscent of Stewart Copeland's work for Wall Street. And it does get a bit incoherent at time, though I'll assert that he was scoring the emotional state of the characters rather than just purely supporting the onscreen action.
  1. Cristian wrote
    NP: Wonder Woman - Christopher Drake

I like it, thank you, Thomas wink

hehe, happy to help smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2012 edited
    NP: The Kite Runner - Alberto Iglesias

I spoke briefly with Iglesias about this score after the WSA concert and he said it was one of his personal favourites. By the time I bumped into him in the bar next to the Marriott I was very drunk but he still stopped for a photograph and a brief chat. Lovely man.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2012
    LSH wrote
    NP: The Kite Runner - Alberto Iglesias

I spoke briefly with Iglesias about this score after the WSA concert and he said it was one of his personal favourites. By the time I bumped into him in the bar next to the Marriott I was very drunk but he still stopped for a photograph and a brief chat. Lovely man.

Have you seen the movie? It's stunning! Beautiful heartwarming film and great heartwarming scoring.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Cristian wrote
    NP: Wonder Woman - Christopher Drake

I like it, thank you, Thomas wink

One of the greatest comic book film scores ever composed! I can't recommend this score highly enough!

Here's my poorly written review.
    http://www.cinematicsound.net/review-wonder-woman/

Hear an extended suite on my radio show HERE!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THE FILM MUSIC OF - Clifton Parker

I just love these Rumon Gamba(mostly) conducted series from CHANDOS showcasing many scores that we'd maybe never hear beyond the films. Parker was a great talent and this is very worthwhile if you want to hear some exceptionally well written and very good music.

beer
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    NP: Madden NFL 13 - Colin O'Malley & Aaron Sapp

A bit of a guilty pleasure but I love a bit of EA Sports' American Football game scores. And this one is a corker!

For pure enjoyment I find that it's difficult to beat sometimes when it's done well. And Colin O'Malley does it well. If you know you won't like it avoid, but for those who like a bit of NFL have a listen to two tracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi_PzBsS … i_PzBsSjOg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCOi56e_ … COi56e_eCU
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Sold!
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  2. Scribe wrote
    Sold!

shocked
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Scribe wrote
    Sold!

If you enjoyed this then I would also recommend you take a listen to:

EA Sports NCAA Football 12

and

EA Sports NCAA Football 13

Great stuff!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I always thought those soundtracks were just random collection of hip-hop or something.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  4. THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL - Thomas Newman

First listen. I don't hear much Newman in it - at least not what I'm used to from him. Very Indian. That's not a bad thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Reviewing a few scores that I might want to play on my next show...

NP: For Greater Glory - James Horner

crazy

I don't know if I can help promote this. Every time that Goddamn four-note motif pops up I... I... I just want to.... suicide

-Erik-
  5. Erik! Erik! You okay?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    christopher wrote
    THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL - Thomas Newman

First listen. I don't hear much Newman in it - at least not what I'm used to from him. Very Indian. That's not a bad thing.

A very enjoyable album. One of my favourites this year.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    christopher wrote
    THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL - Thomas Newman

A very enjoyable album. One of my favourites this year.

And the movie is ethereal, gorgeous!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Reviewing a few scores that I might want to play on my next show...

NP: For Greater Glory - James Horner

crazy

I don't know if I can help promote this. Every time that Goddamn four-note motif pops up I... I... I just want to.... suicide

-Erik-

I'm usually not that opposed to the motif, but it is starting to get a little bit ridiculous (although some may argue that stage was met years ago!) This is the first score that Horner's self-plagiarism has really put me off - and this is coming from someone who's generally had a lot of patience for Horner's approach (and often enjoying hearing repeated themes). But this one just seems so 'phoned in', it's very hard to enjoy. But since Black Gold and Spider-Man are both winners in my books, two out of three ain't bad.
  6. Yeah and in the film it's like...

you see a dead body hanging from a telegraph pole? DADADADAAAAA

Though hearing the Braveheart speech theme in Cristiada during similar speech by Andy Garcia made me literally want to shoot someone.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  7. Surely not 'literally'?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE TOWERING INFERNO - John Williams

now THAT'S a theme! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    n.p. FERNANDO VELASQUEZ - Lo Impossible.

Beautiful, simply beautiful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ One "s" in the spanish word Imposible.

Great score indeed!

-Erik-
  8. NP: Thale - Raymond Enoksen & Geirmund Simonsen

Released today from Mikael's Screamworks Records label, Thale is a score that I think will grow and grow with more listens (a "slow-burner"). And that's not to say that it doesn't have an immediate effect.

This is a great little score. Prominent cello, (Norwegian?) fiddle, electronics and beautiful ethereal female vocals feature in the score that has Norwegian folk influences. It's not an out-and-out horror score but rather there's a sadness running through the score - particularly for Thale her-/it-self.

Well worth a listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DAFT PUNK - Tron: legacy

It gets even better with time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: ThunderCats 2012 - Kevin Kliesch

Epic with contrasting beauty in the delicate and angelic track "Song Of The Petelars." Due to budget restrains this huge orchestral score sounds like it's mostly performed on synths and samples however the booklet does list 3 contracted live players. Even with that said it's still great to listen to and the music is quite impressive! Lots of fun!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Thale - Raymond Enoksen & Geirmund Simonsen

Released today from Mikael's Screamworks Records label, Thale is a score that I think will grow and grow with more listens (a "slow-burner"). And that's not to say that it doesn't have an immediate effect.

This is a great little score. Prominent cello, (Norwegian?) fiddle, electronics and beautiful ethereal female vocals feature in the score that has Norwegian folk influences. It's not an out-and-out horror score but rather there's a sadness running through the score - particularly for Thale her-/it-self.

Well worth a listen.

Haven't heard the score myself yet, but I would guess it's the Hardanger fiddle (also used in LOTR, btw).

Great to see a soundtrack to a Norwegian film, in any case. It doesn't happen very often. Even though the film itself was lacklustre.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. I had a feeling it would be that specific type of fiddle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Madden NFL 13 - Colin O'Malley & Aaron Sapp

A bit of a guilty pleasure but I love a bit of EA Sports' American Football game scores. And this one is a corker!

For pure enjoyment I find that it's difficult to beat sometimes when it's done well. And Colin O'Malley does it well. If you know you won't like it avoid, but for those who like a bit of NFL have a listen to two tracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi_PzBsS … i_PzBsSjOg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCOi56e_ … COi56e_eCU

It certainly is right in your face. biggrin

Very intense but I really like it! punk
    Kazoo