• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2012
    NP: Columbus Circle - Brian Tyler

Don't know how anyone can disparage Tyler's talent when he still produces stuff like this...rivetingly tense suspense.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    "Thneedville Chase" from The Lorax by John Powell
    This track has really grown on me, I think its one of Powell's best "fun" action cues. Nearly as good as the best stuff in Horton.
  1. Eliot Goldenthal - Michael Collins

Too long time no hear. A brilliant score from the master.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Scribe wrote
    "Thneedville Chase" from The Lorax by John Powell
    This track has really grown on me, I think its one of Powell's best "fun" action cues. Nearly as good as the best stuff in Horton.

Even though I lament his continued presence in the animated movies, he seems to thrive in that environment. You can the feel that he's having fun being very creative. That opening musical number is. catchy. period.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    lp wrote
    NP: 007 - Blood Stone - Richard Jacques

I really like how Richard's able to reference David Arnold's writing style without ripping it off. His thematics are very well done. The only downside is that it's all synthesized, which is a huge shame, since the score is very well done and would benefit hugely from having an orchestra performing it.

I believe there is a small string and brass section in there, but I agree, it does sound rather synthy. Very enjoyable score though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2012
    NP: my own MIKOS ROZSA playlist

Why oh why oh why don't I play this more often? spin
    The Prelude to Quo Vadis, Foreward from Moonfleet, Messengers From Jehovah from Sodom and Gomorrah, Entr'Acte from El Cid, The Destiny from Golden Voyage Of Sinbad...SO many exquisite treaures!

And The Mother's Love from Ben Hur, as often as I've heard it, never fails to move me deeply. What a touching, emotional piece this is. One of Rozsa's very best.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2012 edited
    NP: The Odd Life of Timothy Green - Geoff Zanelli

It's a beautiful little score. Reminds me of Debney's Evan Almighty, but somewhat less flowerly and cliched with a much more interesting and unique palette of instruments. Definitely the nicest thing Zanelli has done and a lot more pleasant than I was excepting given his track record.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    JOHN POWELL - Bourne Identity

It's been so long since i last played this; forgot how good it actually is!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote

I think all three of Powell's Bourne scores are great.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Demetris wrote

2nd tops all and third one is meh IMO. But generally, he hasn't written as such since.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes! Supremacy IS supreme!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Seems that his feature scores are Way better than his derivative animation scores.

that ought to get Erik back biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Demetris wrote

2nd tops all and third one is meh IMO. But generally, he hasn't written as such since.

I love the third one! I think Supremacy is the better album, but Ultimatum has some of my favourite moments in the trilogy of scores. Waterloo and Tangiers. love
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote
    Seems that his feature scores are Way better than his derivative animation scores.

Mad Max! punk
  2. Steven wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Demetris wrote

I love the third one! I think Supremacy is the better album, but Ultimatum has some of my favourite moments in the trilogy of scores. Waterloo and Tangiers. love

Yeah, that. (how does the emoticon go?)

I own Ultimatum, my only Powell score for now, but I'd love to have the whole trilogy + How to Train Your Dragon.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Demetris wrote

Mad Max! punk

But if you look at the Beltrami topic......
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Agent Cody Banks - John Powell

It's an enjoyable score. The cutesy sneaky spy stuff I don't care for. The action cues are generally excellent, if not bountiful. John has a strong melodic gift when writing for kids based projects.

It's kinda of interesting how I stumble on a John Powell discussion while listening to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: K2 - Hans Zimmer

I got bored so I'm switching to a perennial favorite. Grand, ponderous, heroic and emotional. All within the first 10 minutes. It has everything a Hans Zimmer fan would like and still extremely accessible to anyone else. Much better than his White Fang stuff, IMO.

The movie wasn't bad at all. I didn't think it needed any score at all, and Chaz Jankel's replacement score was pretty much non-existent. Hans' score might have been too emotionally charged for the movie, FWIW.

Does anyone know if there's a DVD of the European release?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lp wrote

I got bored so I'm switching to a perennial favorite. Grand, ponderous, heroic and emotional. All within the first 10 minutes. It has everything a Hans Zimmer fan would like and still extremely accessible to anyone else. Much better than his White Fang stuff, IMO.

The movie wasn't bad at all. I didn't think it needed any score at all, and Chaz Jankel's replacement score was pretty much non-existent. Hans' score might have been too emotionally charged for the movie, FWIW.

I've only seen it with Zimmer's score, I've no idea what Jankel's score sounds like.

I quite like this score. I don't know if the European DVD release contains Hans score and you never can tell, LEGEND was released here with Goldsmith's score but when it was released ( at the time ) on VHS only the U.S. edition was released with Tangerine Dreams replacement score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Timmer wrote
    lp wrote

I've only seen it with Zimmer's score, I've no idea what Jankel's score sounds like.

I quite like this score. I don't know if the European DVD release contains Hans score and you never can tell, LEGEND was released here with Goldsmith's score but when it was released ( at the time ) on VHS only the U.S. edition was released with Tangerine Dreams replacement score.

How was Zimmer's score in the movie? I saw the movie 5-6 years after it was released and was incredibly underwhelmed/disappointed with Jankel's sparse contributions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2012
    It's in my Top 10 alltime favourite Zimmer scores. 'nough said!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lp wrote
    Timmer wrote
    lp wrote

How was Zimmer's score in the movie? I saw the movie 5-6 years after it was released and was incredibly underwhelmed/disappointed with Jankel's sparse contributions.

Good as I remember but it's been many years since I've seen it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote
    Steven wrote
    Demetris wrote

Mad Max! punk

But if you look at the Beltrami topic......

...what?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Neighbours having a kids birthday party in the garden. I can hear them playing The Little Mermaid soundtrack.

I think it's my duty to drown them out with Inception, right?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    "mummy the walls are folding" Very naughty Ant devil
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : FLASH GORDON - Queen & Howard Blake

Very occasionally an album featuring dialogue is the right way to go and this is one of the very best examples. I have the boot of Blake's score and though it's good it's nowhere near the listening fun of this.

Luvin it! punk love
  3. How's Gordon?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2012 edited
    Good question...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : CAT PEOPLE - Giorgio Moroder

cat cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    :lolcat: