• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I was surfing the net a minute ago and stumbled upon this nice place and it looks fun! I love the directness and simplicity of the name. I noticed in an old thread a few members bemoaning the demise of Movie Music Italiano. This Yahoo board had been founded by John Mansell who, at one point, invited me to join and give support. By the way, perhaps I should share that John has just recently lost a son to illness. I am sorry to bring this sad news but our community of film music connoisseurs is relatively small, and typically respectful and caring, and I thought it important. I have no more details. / One of the many good things to come out of John's MMi was that it most certainly was the inspiration for me to create The European Film Score Society. I welcome any stout fellows from this fine club to come over and also join our gang of nuts! One warning, for reasons to never be fully understood Yahoo unceremoniously and long ago dumped The Society into the "adult" section. This means little other than a few extra right clicks of your mouse upon first entering and joining. My only guess is that the mildly erotic nature of some of the European record covers and film poster art in our Files and Photo sections offended someone who then complained and got us relocated. Very strange. By that as it may here is the link:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eurofilmscoresociety/
    I look forward to posting here!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2011
    Hello John - expert on all things Italian obscure from ages ago! wink I've known your name since the early days of FSM (before it became a website), but wasn't aware that you had created a site about your passion.

Hope you stick around for a while.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Welcome John, I'm sure your in-put and participation here will be much appreciated beer

And my thoughts go to John Mansell, I cannot imagine how terrible the loss of a son must be.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    John Bender wrote
    This Yahoo board had been founded by John Mansell who, at one point, invited me to join and give support. By the way, perhaps I should share that John has just recently lost a son to illness.

I just wanted to clarify that it wasn't an illness that took his son. It's a tradgic story but out of respect for John I'm not going to comment any further.

Anyway, welcome to the board, John Bender. Enjoy your time here!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I seem to vaguely remember the name John Mansell from the FSM board. I'm very sorry to hear about the tragedy that has befallen him and his family.
    I am extremely serious.