• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorkilar30
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2011
    Hi everybody,
    The concert was fantastic!!!, and for me, the best moments were the two pieces by Abel (I wait the release of the CD Score of the film by Madonna-- Abel said me that maybe the CD will release in december), the suite Alien3+Titus by Goldenthal (Titus is one of the best soundtracks in the last 15 years) and the suite of Inception (fabulous music by Zimmer).

I wait that the concert will be released in TV and someone will copy in DVD.
  1. Dutchbat wrote
    I'm glad that everyone had a good time at the meeting and the concert.
    Thor, that's really an image (You and Hans Zimmer) to blow up wallsize or frame it.

For myself the day had a major setback since the restaurant couldn't deliver what was agreed upon
    and one of the three groups I made the reservation for didn't show up, what gave us no ground
    to claim a discount. I hope you all understand that this is something what happened beyond my control but I certainly have learned from it the hard way.
    Of course I will contact the Maintitles.de group about it, but as the agreement was based upon mutual confidence I think they won't bother much. (there goes german "Gründlichkeit")

My sincere apologies to all of you.
    (but can I still have my kazoo?) shame

Dutchbat

Ad, as I said earlier to you, you're not the one to blame here. It is indeed something we have to consider in the future, and it is indeed a place I won't visit again wink

What's done is done, we'll take that into consideration for next year. So I don't blame you Ad, on the contrary I want to thank you again for taking the time to organize something like that. That earns yourself a kazoo in my book beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. kilar30 wrote
    Hi everybody,
    The concert was fantastic!!!, and for me, the best moments were the two pieces by Abel (I wait the release of the CD Score of the film by Madonna-- Abel said me that maybe the CD will release in december), the suite Alien3+Titus by Goldenthal (Titus is one of the best soundtracks in the last 15 years) and the suite of Inception (fabulous music by Zimmer).

I wait that the concert will be released in TV and someone will copy in DVD.

hey Kilar, glad we at least caught a glimpse of you. Glad to hear you enjoyed the concert. Until next time
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How was Abel's "W.E" ?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    How was Abel's "W.E" ?

I thought it was excellent. More music in the style of A SINGLE MAN (the ostinato thingies), but with piano over strings instead.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hmmm....nice! Stylistically? And mood?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Dutchbat wrote
    the Maintitles.de group

LOLwass? uhm
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Bregje wrote
    I'm uploading photos on Facebook right now. People who want a photo orginal size can PM me with an e-mail adres where I can send the file to.

I have no idea if people like it to be tagged? Some may find it useful, others find it annoying. I don't know.

let people tag themselves, several people don't like it once they think they don't look good on photo, so let them tag themselves, that way you can never get into trouble

Of course! Thanks, that's a really good idea. I'll untag, except myself and the composers. tongue
    I didn't really know how this works, I never used the tag thing. I didn't know you can tag yourself in other people's photos either.
    smile

excellent report and photos by the way smile

Thank you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote

Romantic and melancholic, I would say.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    francis wrote
    P.S. Great pics Bregje! We need more smile

Thank you! Yes, I'm waiting for the other pictures as well when everyone is back home. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2011 edited
    I have several. But I need to add watermarks to some that are being used in a more professional setting. The camera that I borrowed from a girlfriend of mine really made all the difference this time around!

I'm not going to do an elaborate concert review write-up here, like Bregje wonderfully did. I'll save that for the actual Montages articles (which will be in English this time!). But I'll give my own two cents on the rest of the trip when I get back up....I had 3 hours sleep last night and 8 hours travelling today. sleep
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Romantic and melancholic, I would say.

Love it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2011 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Bregje wrote
    I'm uploading photos on Facebook right now. People who want a photo orginal size can PM me with an e-mail adres where I can send the file to.

I have no idea if people like it to be tagged? Some may find it useful, others find it annoying. I don't know.

let people tag themselves, several people don't like it once they think they don't look good on photo, so let them tag themselves, that way you can never get into trouble
    On the other hand... you can untag yourself when you don't like a picture right?

Anyway, I need some help with the group pictures. I don't remember everyone's name! For instance Bob's friend. And the guy with the red scarf. And the guy who was with Elin? And the guy sitting next to me at the press conference and who took the group picture as well. Please let me know, so I can add the info to the photos. Would be nice!
    smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2011
    I put out more than 50 pictures on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= … 1178d99a23
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I like your photos Thor. Also nice to see what you did on the sunday.
    And what a sunny day! We were all very lucky with this weather, I mean, Ghent is beautiful but imagine what a rainy weekend would have been like.

Many photos with food, beer and good company too. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I wrote a reply to Krisztina on Facebook because she thought Inception was beyond her expectation. I wrote: "Mine too! I'm afraid, for Hans Zimmer, that this huge success means he'll have to do this kind of things more often, although he doen't like being on stage. wink Giving a performance like that, blowing the roof off... yep, he can't get away with it anymore! We want more Zimmer concerts!"

I'm really curious now if Zimmer feels the same way, if he experienced this concert as a blast himself. Perhaps it made him hate being on stage a little less? I hope so.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregje wrote
    I wrote a reply to Krisztina on Facebook because she thought Inception was beyond her expectation. I wrote: "Mine too! I'm afraid, for Hans Zimmer, that this huge success means he'll have to do this kind of things more often, although he doen't like being on stage. wink Giving a performance like that, blowing the roof off... yep, he can't get away with it anymore! We want more Zimmer concerts!"

I'm really curious now if Zimmer feels the same way, if he experienced this concert as a blast himself. Perhaps it made him hate being on stage a little less? I hope so.

I hope so too, but then he recently opted out of the Oscar race because of all the hooplah with press and fans surrounding it. I hope Ghent is not to blame!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Really? That's too bad. I understand though, on the other hand it's part of writing music that many people love. With his own love for music, at least he has to understand the fans too. Perhaps a bit of a paradox.

And I guess movie score fans are not too bad. We don't throw panties or teddy bears at him or something like that... (No one did that right? Right?? wink )

No, seriously, I probably underestimate how intense these kind of events are for the composers. Tight time schedule, people around you all the time including security and perhaps some nerves for the concert as well. Still, my impression of the fans is that they are decent and only trying to express appreciation. (But maybe I'm wrong!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregje wrote
    Really? That's too bad. I understand though, on the other hand it's part of writing music that many people love. With his own love for music, at least he has to understand the fans too. Perhaps a bit of a paradox.

And I guess movie score fans are not too bad. We don't throw panties or teddy bears at him or something like that... (No one did that right? Right?? wink ) )

I think Jordi was pretty close. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    I put out more than 50 pictures on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= … 1178d99a23

Wonderful photos Thor thank you very much ! I asked before but it was overlooked who is the 4th composer sitting with Zimmer Abel and goldenthal ? The one with the black glasses ? Btw here's the news : except if something goes terribly wrong (I hope not) we are coming next year with my babe and I'll need all your help with the bookings hotels and stuff ! It is early I know but I want it to happen it will be awesome !
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2011 edited
    punk

What a great weekend. I was the Belgian guide and that was really cool, because I explored some new stuff too. More later.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    That man was from the festival or WSA (I guess?), he was leading the press conference. I'm sorry to say I don't know his name. Does anyone know who he is?

Demetris, looking forward to next year!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    Bregje wrote

And I guess movie score fans are not too bad. We don't throw panties or teddy bears at him or something like that... (No one did that right? Right?? wink ) )

Hans has always been a bit stressed and problematic near fans and crowded places I remember similar situations in Madrid soncinemad in 2006. He has the same problem with live concerts so this is why he does so few of them. What happened with jordi btw ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    punk

I know wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Bregje wrote
    That man was from the festival or WSA (I guess?), he was leading the press conference. I'm sorry to say I don't know his name. Does anyone know who he is?

Patrick Duynslaegher, the artistic director of the film festival. A much better host then the boring guy from Variety.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thor wrote
    Bregje wrote

Hans has always been a bit stressed and problematic near fans and crowded places I remember similar situations in Madrid soncinemad in 2006. He has the same problem with live concerts so this is why he does so few of them. What happened with jordi btw ?

I wasn't there, but I got the story afterwards. Someone else who was there should probably tell it. He basically launched himself on Zimmer as he was leaving the press conference, I think. smile

(and also got this crazy picture with him that we're all anxious to see!).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    By the way, I have this really fun film footage from the press conference that has Zimmer talking about how much he admires Moroder just as a hung over Goldenthal enters the room. It will be part of the Montages articles once they are ready.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    That would be awesome if you could make it, Demetris.

I've said that I would very much like to return, but it depends a little bit on who the guests are.

Also, I'm thinking about going to the Hollywood Bowl in LA next year, to see Williams live. After all, he's 80 in February and we don't know who much longer he will keep doing concerts. And he will never come back to Europe, so I have to go over there. This will obviously be an expensive trip, and it's not certain I will be able to make it. But if I go, and the Ghent line-up two months later is rather unexciting, I think I'll have to drop it. But we'll see. Lots of "ifs" here.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Thor wrote
    By the way, I have this really fun film footage from the press conference that has Zimmer talking about how much he admires Moroder just as a hung over Goldenthal enters the room. It will be part of the Montages articles once they are ready.

Funny you mention it. I have a picture of Goldenthal taking a seat and the expression of Patrick Duynslaegher's face (thanks Bregt!) is priceless. I wanted to put it in the album with a funny comment, when I realised it would perhaps be a bit... disgraceful? I don't know. But why not, it's his behaviour in public, not mine, right?

I doubt it was a hangover. He still seemed very heavily influenced (by whatever) to me, but I don't have much experience with influenced people, so what do I know...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregje wrote
    Thor wrote

Funny you mention it. I have a picture of Goldenthal taking a seat and the expression of Patrick Duynslaegher's face (thanks Bregt!) is priceless. I wanted to put it in the album with a funny comment, when I realised it would perhaps be a bit... disgraceful? I don't know. But why not, it's his behaviour in public, not mine, right?

I doubt it was a hangover. He still seemed very heavily influenced (by whatever) to me, but I don't have much experience with influenced people, so what do I know...

After the interview I had with him, I think it's a combination of being a bit hung over/repair intoxication and the head injury he suffered a few years ago. Some of the slurred speech is due to this injury. I do hope it was a combination, though...otherwise, he's really gone downhill since last year. He was also much greyer in the hair.
    I am extremely serious.