• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2008
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    GET SMART

SOUND CLIPS

https://www.colosseum.de/colosseum/prod … 1fae05c50a

Damn, I must resist, don't want to hear it
    I'm a Rabin nut and I want to hear it in full biggrin

If you've seen the trailers, you've heard all the music in those clips anyway. tongue
  1. Anthony wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    GET SMART

SOUND CLIPS

If you've seen the trailers, you've heard all the music in those clips anyway. tongue

I only saw the trailer, and it was half classical music so I didn't hear much wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2008
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    GET SMART

SOUND CLIPS

Same here, man! biggrin

Ah, a Rabin fan, you're my new best friend biggrin

Cheers! beer kiss
  2. Well Flyboys surely is the most un-Rabin-like Rabinscore I had the pleasure to hear. To hear such wonderful themes and soaring melodies from a man who composed such horrid music as Gone in 60 seconds, Glimmer Man and The One is testament to his abilities. He should use those abilities more often.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2008
    DreamTheater wrote
    Well Flyboys surely is the most un-Rabin-like Rabinscore I had the pleasure to hear. To hear such wonderful themes and soaring melodies from a man who composed such horrid music as Gone in 60 seconds, Glimmer Man and The One is testament to his abilities.

I agree, Flyboys is one of his best works IMO, with the themes and melodies you mention. But you can really hear a lot of Rabin in it: American Outlaws, Texas Rangers, Remember the Titans (his more melodic and thematic scores).
    Fortunately no influences of the awful scores you mention like Gone in 60 seconds or Glimmer Man.

DreamTheater wrote
    He should use those abilities more often.

TOTALLY agree. Let´s see what he has done with "Get Smart".
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  3. DreamTheater wrote
    Well Flyboys surely is the most un-Rabin-like Rabinscore I had the pleasure to hear. To hear such wonderful themes and soaring melodies from a man who composed such horrid music as Gone in 60 seconds, Glimmer Man and The One is testament to his abilities. He should use those abilities more often.

aahhhh, I've transformed my little brother to a Rabin admirer, I slipped the disk under to listen to CD pack and voila, problem solved wink
  4. Tommy_Boy wrote
    aahhhh, I've transformed my little brother to a Rabin admirer, I slipped the disk under to listen to CD pack and voila, problem solved wink

Hell no, there's a world of difference between liking something and admiring someone. And since what century have I been your little brother then hey lil' bro??? confused
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. DreamTheater wrote
    Well Flyboys surely is the most un-Rabin-like Rabinscore I had the pleasure to hear. To hear such wonderful themes and soaring melodies from a man who composed such horrid music as Gone in 60 seconds, Glimmer Man and The One is testament to his abilities. He should use those abilities more often.

I heard some additional score cues on Paul Linford's site and was immediately struck by orchestra sampling I have heard before in a video game score. In factm the exact same samplings and even sound like some temp track ripping. Could be Rabin didn't have much in hte way of original thoughts here...
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2008
    Do
    justin boggan wrote
    I heard some additional score cues on Paul Linford's site...

Do you have a link to his website?
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    We've been provided with some exclusive photos from the last feature film scoring session to be recorded at the Todd-AO Scoring Stage: Trevor Rabin's National Treasure: Book of Secrets, recorded in October and November of 2007. Come check out the pictures from this historic event!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
  6. dgoldwas wrote
    We've been provided with some exclusive photos from the last feature film scoring session to be recorded at the Todd-AO Scoring Stage: Trevor Rabin's National Treasure: Book of Secrets, recorded in October and November of 2007. Come check out the pictures from this historic event!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/

Enjoy!

why the last session? Has something happened to the glorious recording session stage?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Didn't you hear? It closed at the end of last year:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111797 … 0&cs=1
  7. Dom wrote
    Do
    justin boggan wrote
    I heard some additional score cues on Paul Linford's site...

Do you have a link to his website?

paullinford.com

A good thread:
    http://intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php … highlight=
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2008
    Paul Linford's site isn't there Too bad.
  8. Anthony wrote
    Didn't you hear? It closed at the end of last year:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111797 … 0&cs=1

I didn't hear no, but now I know, let's hope this doesn't happen
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2008
    Is it just me, or does the main sweeping string melody in National Treasure: Book of Secrets sound reminiscent of the Luke & Leia theme from Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi? When I saw the film in theaters, it kept nagging at me that the theme sounded like the Luke & Leia theme, with some stuff added on. Anyone else get this same feeling?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2008
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Is it just me, or does the main sweeping string melody in National Treasure: Book of Secrets sound reminiscent of the Luke & Leia theme from Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi? When I saw the film in theaters, it kept nagging at me that the theme sounded like the Luke & Leia theme, with some stuff added on. Anyone else get this same feeling?

I never thought that, but you're right, the first phrase is almost identical.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  9. Well, it can happen. I don´t think there was a conscious thing at work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2008
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Well, it can happen. I don´t think there was a conscious thing at work.

Yeah, I doubted it was conscious. Most stuff probably isn't, but it's funny to see how close some themes can sound.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2008 edited
    I loved both the National Treasure scores!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2008 edited
    I've only heard the National Treasure music while watching the movies, but the Book of Secrets score is at around the top of my list for what to buy next!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008
    TREVOR RABIN GETS SMART at On the Score.

Tune into a new audio episode of On the Score at Filmmmusicmag.com, as former YES-man and action composer extraordinaire Trevor Rabin steps out of the cone of silence and discusses his humorously exciting new score for GET SMART. The director link to CONTROL is here:

http://www.filmmusicmag.com/?p=1622

It's the kind of revealing composer talk that you'll only find at On the Score, and be sure to stay tuned for our archived shows which feature Ramin Djawadi (IRON MAN), Marco Beltrami (3:10 TO YUMA), Maurice Jarre (LAWRENCE OF ARABIA), Varese and Film Score Monthly label heads Robert Townson and Lukas Kendall and many more!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2008
    Another Disney assignment for Rabin, who recently also took over scoring duties on G-Force:

RACE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN

http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … ntain.html

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Sounds good... wink
  10. moviescore wrote
    Another Disney assignment for Rabin, who recently also took over scoring duties on G-Force:

RACE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN

http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … ntain.html

mc

hmn, the music can be good but wait and see for the movie. I liked the movies when I was young, pure sentiment. I wonder how this one will look like
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sounds like another typical to-miss Rabin / M.V score. Like "GET SMART" or "NATIONAL TREASURE 2". Who have heard it, who is STILL listening to them? Who's talking about them? Rabin can do so much better, he's just stuck.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Sounds like another typical to-miss Rabin / M.V score. Like "GET SMART" or "NATIONAL TREASURE 2". Who have heard it, who is STILL listening to them? Who's talking about them? Rabin can do so much better, he's just stuck.

Agree, and he has proved he can do better. As he says in the last interview I listened, he wouldn´t like to become stuck in this kinda projects. So he´d better look after more interesting projects (easier to say than to achieve though).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

Isn't there going to be a National Treasure 3? Maybe Rabin can deliver something better for that. I'm really hoping so; the National Treasure: Book of Secrets OST is very short, and nothing special (seeing as that the main theme for the lost city is a complete copy and paste from Return of the Jedi rolleyes).
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2008 edited
    I would happily hand over all of my Rabin CDs in return for his score for The Guardian. That is a score worthy of a release and yet out of all of his scores of 2006, it is the only one which hasn't seen the light of day. Even Snakes On A Plane got a release. Snakes On A fucking Plane!

crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2008
    biggrin