• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2009
    NP: Oscar And Lucinda - Thomas Newman

Absolutely enchanting. Love it. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    LSH wrote
    NP: Oscar And Lucinda - Thomas Newman

Absolutely enchanting. Love it. cool

Oh yes!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Star Trek Nemesis (Goldsmith)

I don't think it's a so terrible way to finish Goldsmith collaboration. Leaving Star Trek the motion picture is a classic, Nemesis is a terrific action score in his own way.

Goldsmith's finished his career with a really succesful use of synthetiser, a thing that he searched all his life.

The only real complaintment to this score (because I don't think the first half is weak, since i love the synth work) is the fact the theme it's overused.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote

I don't think it's a so terrible way to finish Goldsmith collaboration. Leaving Star Trek the motion picture is a classic, Nemesis is a terrific action score in his own way.

Goldsmith's finished his career with a really succesful use of synthetiser, a thing that he searched all his life.

The only real complaintment to this score (because I don't think the first half is weak, since i love the synth work) is the fact the theme it's overused.

Huh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    The Batman Trilogy Joel McNeely

shocked

First listen. Fuck me.

The Batman re-recording is one of the most bizarre re-recordings I've ever heard. I'm not sure who did the arrangements but it really caught me off guard. I'm really not sure if I like it or not. If I AM going to reach for a Batman re-recording it would be Kunzel's brilliant 15 minute suite heard on Fantastic Journey.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Huh.

Ditto. dizzy

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    The Batman Trilogy Joel McNeely

shocked

First listen. Fuck me.

The Batman re-recording is one of the most bizarre re-recordings I've ever heard. I'm not sure who did the arrangements but it really caught me off guard. I'm really not sure if I like it or not. If I AM going to reach for a Batman re-recording it would be Kunzel's brilliant 15 minute suite heard on Fantastic Journey.

-Erik-

It surprised me too, but I really liked it. I love the 'concert' sound of these rerecordings, they really reveal great film music for what it is.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    me too spin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Southall wrote
    I feel a poll coming on. Who's your favourite - Sherlock Holmes or Eamon Holmes?

Holmes and Yo-Yo?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2009
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Drop Zone

I spent my last years thinking it was an annoying piece of crap (and probably it is).

Yes it is.

Nautilus wrote
    PS:In this category, Days of thunder is the beggining, K2 is the richiest and the more orchestral, Broken Arrow the coolest and M:I2 the crap.

I agree.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2009 edited
    Inspired by Steven...

NP: The Batman Trilogy - Danny Elfman, Elliot Goldenthal, Neal Hefti
    featuring Joel McNeely and the Royal Scottish National Orchestra

Listening to the Batman suite is like listening to a rejected first version of Elfman's score featuring different orchestrations, different arrangements and music that isn't on the original soundtrack recording. One such example is the magnificent finale. The "Finale" on the soundtrack album the track runs 1:47 but on this recording McNeely stretches it out to 2:37 introducing an brilliant alternate arrangement of the piece that showcases the power of the Royal Scottish National Orchestra and brilliant sound of Jonathan Allan's recording! Unfortunately, the suite leaves off some of the stunning action material but this bizarre suite is certainly a curiosity and one that fans of the score will find most interesting!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE

Ah! i like this score very much. I gave listen to it more than 6 times, it gives me more temptation to listen to it again and again. I say Nicholas Hooper did a fantastic job. I don't care what others says on my opinion. According to me, this HBP is quite matured and better than Order of the Phoenix. The following are the tracks i love very much:

1. Opening - Good start

2. In Noctem - Excellent piece of Choral work but it sounds like Zimmer's style. wink

3. The Story Begins - Of course, good beginning

4. Ginny - Melodious but i need to pay more attention on this track

5. Snape & The Unbreakable Vow - Awesome indeed! I love this track very much

6. Wizard Wheezes - Awful and totally unnecessary to include this track.

7. Dumbledore's Speech - good

8. Living Death - Very enjoyable

9. Into the Pensieve - not impressive

10. The Book - Fine

11. Ron's Victory - great cue indeed! Hooper has beautifully adapted Williams' Quidditch third year from POA. Well done!

12. Harry & Hermoine - very melodious and good one

13. School - Enlightening one!

14. Malfoy's Mission - Dark but good

15. The Slug Party - sounds weird but Ok!

16. Into the Rushes - very dark indeed

17. Farewell Aragog - this one is very beautiful and haunting track! this track is really heart touching. This is one of the best melodious cue of the year.

18. Dumbledore's Foreboding - Good

19. Of Love & War - Magnificent

20. When Ginny Kissed Harry - very romantic and melodious one

21. Slughorn's Confession - interesting about solo flute. Good one!

22. Journey to the Cave - highlight of this score! superb one!

23. The Drink of Despair - Ok!

24. Inferi in the Firestorm - Excellent

25. The Killing of Dumbledore - Dark but inspirational

26. Dumbledore's Funeral - Great piece of music. I love this very much.

27. The Friends - usual finish by Hooper

28. The Weasley Stomp - different one but impressive.

Overall, this is a very good score by Nicholas Hooper. I just rate this score ****

Have a nice day!
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Shinsengumi! (historical TV drama series) - Takayuki Hattori

I was watching the first few episodes... now I love this score much more than before! Not only the heroic main theme and uplifting cues, emotional and beautiful cues like True Friendship is becoming more touching as watching the series again.

But the very uplifting, delightful music of track 6 is still my favorite of all. smile
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  2. What are the series about and what does the title mean?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    PawelStroinski wrote
    What are the series about and what does the title mean?

Shinsengumi was a group of samurais who defended for Tokugawa government at the end of Edo era.
    (wikipedia translated it to "newly selected corps")

In that 2004 TV series they were portrayed as a group of passionate young people who eventually became losers. It's criticized for several historical inaccuracy (as usual) but I don't care wink

The score is very good... I'm getting more interested about this composer (he mostly works on TV shows). I've heard his another TV score Restaurant De Roi. It was nice fun orchestral music!

Here's the opening theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN1AsZ8WvtQ
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ELLIOT GOLDENTHAL - final fantasy the spirits within

One of the most impressive and inventive gems modern film music has to showcase.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    A rare beauty you could say?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: The Aviator - Howard Shore

One of my old favourites I haven't played for some time, now returned to it. Some really lovely material here!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BRIAN TYLER - fast and furious (2009)

Quite entertaining.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote

Quite entertaining.

As I said a few days ago, it's best not to think of Tyler as a film composer but rather an electro-acoustic album producer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I like it better when Tyler goes into more orchestral mode, like in Children Of Dune, Timeline and Partition. His synth/electronic stuff is mostly unlistenable to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Quite entertaining.

As I said a few days ago, it's best not to think of Tyler as a film composer but rather an electro-acoustic album producer.

Well, the massive orchestral chase-action cues on this score have nothing electro-acoustic in it, except if you mean the rest of the underscore.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Well, whatever the genre name is... the point is, best not to think of Tyler as a film composer. Think of him as an album producer.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE RUSSIA HOUSE - Jerry Goldsmith

cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Well, whatever the genre name is... the point is, best not to think of Tyler as a film composer. Think of him as an album producer.

Very true, he's just excellent at producing and mastering.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    ELLIOT GOLDENTHAL - final fantasy the spirits within

One of the most impressive and inventive gems modern film music has to showcase.

I wouldn't say it's inventive but it is one of the finest scores produced this decade.

-Erik-
  3. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (Hans Zimmer)

One of the more enjoyable film scores I have heard in the recent years. Though a pirate movie ALWAYS needs a real orchestra and choir to compliment the adventure, I didn't find this particular Zimmer sound out of place at all. If anything the themes are great and the music sounds fun. The cool use of piratey instruments is a clever one. And it's just a lot less obnoxious than the first Pirates by Badelt. This is really much like the old-style Zimmer I love.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009 edited
    Citizen Kane: The Classic Film Scores of Bernard Herrmann Charles Gerhardt

Gerhardt was the angel to the film music gods, and this album is a particularly good example of why... especially the first track, 'The Death Hunt' from On Dangerous Ground. Everything in film music coming together brilliantly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009
    HANS ZIMMER - the last samurai

A restrained and balanced, mature effort by Zimmer that shines for its melody and themes.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009
    Steven wrote
    Citizen Kane: The Classic Film Scores of Bernard Herrmann Charles Gerhardt

Gerhardt was the angel to the film music gods, and this album is a particularly good example of why... especially the first track, 'The Death Hunt' from On Dangerous Ground. Everything in film music coming together brilliantly.

The Death Hunt....I could play that particular track over and over! cool