• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Exorcist II - Ennio Morricone

Very good.

Funny, i heard it quite a long time ago but still i remember it to be pretty awful.

Very spooky, sometimes wild, but I can't imagine you wouldn't like Regan's Theme.

The first and last tracks on the album are really strong melodic themes, I'd imagine D would like at least those, even if the stuff in between is a bit more difficult.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil

Very good.

Who composed for Exorcist part one?
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ROBERT J.KRAL - Haunting in Connecticut

Surprisingly good!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009 edited
    Sunil wrote

Henry Google, Robert Wiki, and John Imdb.

I heard Jack Nitzsche had a hand in it, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Thanks! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Sunil wrote

I heard some work by mr.Robert Wiki once and i liked bits of it, but can't recall the title exactly...something like "Dude, where's your intelligence?" or something.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Angels & Demons - Hans Zimmer

Best score of 2009. Great score by Zimmer. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Loved ANGELS AND DEMONS too, a score to which i return frequently in loud volume!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Indeed, a great blend of electronics and orchestra and great choral effects. Love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Loved ANGELS AND DEMONS too, a score to which i return frequently in loud volume!

Of course! Me too!!!

it reminds me the times of Broken Arrow or Drop Zone. Not because the similarities, but because it is full of energy, synthetiser, sound effects, chorus and it's edited with looong action tracks.

Pure Zimmer (even if he music is arranged by a new remote control guy)

NP:Star Trek nemesis (Goldsmith)

Im in Goldsmith star trek mood again.

This one contains really good use of the synthetiser, and vibrant action tracks. It's not so good overal than Insurrection, but it contains more music than First Contact. :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Sunil wrote

Sunil wrote
    Thanks! smile

face-palm-mt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Nautilus wrote

NP:Star Trek nemesis (Goldsmith)

Im in Goldsmith star trek mood again.

This one contains really good use of the synthetiser, and vibrant action tracks. It's not so good overal than Insurrection, but it contains more music than First Contact. :P

Wow, Odds and Ends it's an amazing track. It beggins with atmospheric synthetiser, bells and strings wich creates a sense of futuristic darkness ( A really succesful blend of electronics and orchestra) and the a furious action cue ends the track. Typical militaristic Goldsmith action music!!!!
  1. Steven wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Sunil wrote

Sunil wrote
    Thanks! smile

face-palm-mt

lol

Wasn't the orchestrator of that score Carl Lueless ? Either he or Mark Oron, I'm sure...
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: Horror of Dracula.... James Bernard. IMHO some of the best horror music written to a film that by today's standards cost nothing to make.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  2. Indy and the Last Crusade (Mr. Williams)

Adventure music at its most brilliant ! I always enjoy this more than Raiders, but then Raiders has the legendary Desert Chase and the fantastic Ark theme. That doesn't mean the action music isn't as exciting on Crusade though. What I love most about this score is the use of the various themes, and how not one is either over- or underused. How the themes are developed is perfectly balanced. And the long finale piece is one of my most-loved Williams cues ever. Such a score couldn't have ended any better than that. beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DreamTheater wrote
    Indy and the Last Crusade (Mr. Williams)

Adventure music at its most brilliant ! . beer

Nope! It's Temple of Doom! (even if i simply love the Sangreal's theme)
  3. Fine, so Doom and Crusade are adventure music at their most brilliant. punk Crusade is maybe a little less overpowering.
  4. Small Soldiers: The Videogame (Michael Giacchino)

HUGE FUN ! In places even more so than the Goldsmith effort. If they ever release this, I'll be sure to buy the first copy. Michael deserves it this music to be heard by the masses.

The choir usage is inspired and memorable and the percussion sounds bloody fantastic. Even Star Trek's recording is a far cry from this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DreamTheater wrote
    Steven wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Sunil wrote

Sunil wrote
    Thanks! smile

face-palm-mt

lol

Wasn't the orchestrator of that score Carl Lueless ? Either he or Mark Oron, I'm sure...

All I know is that it was conducted by John I Can't Believe Someone Can Be That Dense Smith.
  5. Guys, please. I sincerely believe that Sunil´s "Thanks! smile " just referred to my remark about Jack Nitzsche.

Right?

RIGHT?!?

BTW, just finished listening to last years´ rerecording of El Cid.
    Sorry, but compared to this beauty, even Star Wars is crap.
  6. Timmer wrote
    NP : LIVE AND LET DIE - George Martin

Superb! One of the very best non-Barry Bond scores and one of only a handful of McCartney songs I can handle outside of his Beatles work.

Funny you should mention this score, Tim. I just received this today in the main and I'm looking forward to hearing what George Martin did with the Bond franchise (I'm not too keen on the film - not too keen on Roger Moore's version of James Bond.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Legend of 1900 - Ennio Morricone

Sigh. I find it impossible to listen to "The Legend of the Pianist" without getting all emotional. What a stunning piece of music.
  7. Southall wrote
    The Legend of 1900 - Ennio Morricone

Sigh. I find it impossible to listen to "The Legend of the Pianist" without getting all emotional. What a stunning piece of music.

Agreed. 'Farewell between 1900 and Max', 'A Mozart Reincarnated', 'Ships and Snow', and in particular, 'The Crisis' are also instant tearjerkers for me.

NP: From Hell (Trevor Jones)

Such a heavy-hearted score. I really respect the elegaic tone the Hughes Brothers allowed Jones to put on their film. It probably made the experience more dour than a lot of its marketing team would have wanted, and the film still didn't really work, but it had a weight it wouldn't otherwise have had. 'Pennies for Ferryman' is a very moving finale.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009 edited
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: From Hell (Trevor Jones)

A fantastic score, indeed.

I made a playlist once with Jones´ scores for From Hell and Dark City. Combined (and mixed together) they are a perfect match, like twins, Dark City providing a bit more action to make the whole experience perfect.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote

Very good.

Funny, i heard it quite a long time ago but still i remember it to be pretty awful.

Very spooky, sometimes wild, but I can't imagine you wouldn't like Regan's Theme.

The first and last tracks on the album are really strong melodic themes, I'd imagine D would like at least those, even if the stuff in between is a bit more difficult.

No comment then D?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : LIVE AND LET DIE - George Martin

Superb! One of the very best non-Barry Bond scores and one of only a handful of McCartney songs I can handle outside of his Beatles work.

Funny you should mention this score, Tim. I just received this today in the main and I'm looking forward to hearing what George Martin did with the Bond franchise (I'm not too keen on the film - not too keen on Roger Moore's version of James Bond.)

I'd like to know what you think Alan?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Another Hammer horror collection of James Bernard music. For his genre he was extremely talented
    listen to more classical music!
  8. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Sunil wrote

Just leftover bits. Nitzsche was hired to do a score after Schifrin's rejection, but after appearently completing hte whole thing, his score suffered the same fate.

http://www.RejectedFilmScores.150m.com/list.html
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.