• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009
    keky wrote
    Hamlet - Ennio Morricone

I love it more by each listen. At first the tension tracks annoyed me and I loved only the melodic tracks, mostly the two renaissance-flavoured titles. But now I kind of enjoy even the tension music in Hamlet. You have to be in the mood, I guess.

It's been a very long time since I listened to that. I remember adoring the theme (so beautiful) but the rest not really being my thing. Time to give it another try, I think!
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    DT, Game music can be so much more than synth drones. Give me Knut Avenstroup Haugen's AGE OF CONAN: HYBORIAN ADVENTURES anyday.

Have you heard ODST Demetris? It isn't all synth drone as you put it. It actually has themes. And I like Age of Conan as well.

Anthony wrote

Once you feel you've got your value for money from it, put it down, put something like Krull, Raiders or Cutthroat Island in.

Quite right, but then those are in a whole other league than Halo music, you cannot even hope to compare them. The point is I like one style, I totally adore the other one.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I heard it. I made it down half the 1st disk though.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Christodoulides wrote
    ...Knut...

Oh, if only...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    keky wrote
    Hamlet - Ennio Morricone

I love it more by each listen. At first the tension tracks annoyed me and I loved only the melodic tracks, mostly the two renaissance-flavoured titles. But now I kind of enjoy even the tension music in Hamlet. You have to be in the mood, I guess.

It's the sort of 'tension' music by Morricone that I love. I love the whole score to Hamlet...brilliant!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Still on the (2) CD Exodus release
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    First Knight - Jerry Goldsmith

cool
  2. The Last of the Mohicans (Jones & Edelman)

This Varese re-recording is actually really good. So good that I've completely forgotten what the original recording sounds like. Again Jones' contribution alone is astonishing with enough brilliant themes to put to shame most current orchestral music. McNeely did a fantastic conducting the RSNO, making it sound subtly different than the 1992 release. Great stuff !
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: The Bourne Supremacy - John Powell

Bim Bam Smash = one of the most badass action tracks ever! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : LUST, CAUTION - Alexandre Desplat

Gorgeous! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote

FACT! punk cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    NP : LUST, CAUTION - Alexandre Desplat

Gorgeous! cool

I'm giving this a second play right now, I've had the score for some time but hadn't played it. It's truly lovely.

Better late than never I say.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote

FACT! punk cool

But the best cue of that movie is Goa Chase. That is one of the most badass action tracks ever.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's good but is not in the same league as Bim Bam Smash IMO.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : CLEOPATRA JONES - J.J. Johnson

To David Arnold and his Shaft score....THIS is how it's done! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : LIVE AND LET DIE - George Martin

Superb! One of the very best non-Barry Bond scores and one of only a handful of McCartney songs I can handle outside of his Beatles work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    It's good but is not in the same league as Bim Bam Smash IMO.

My favourite action track from the whole Bourne series is Tangiers, but Bim Bam Smash is a very close second.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Though, come to think of it, Goa Chase is pretty darn good. Darn good.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009
    They're all good! Bim Bam Smash has the 'hook' for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Now the Goa Chase cue is present in full glory in the recently leaked complete b**t. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Lady In The Water - James Newton Howard

I find this to be yet another very good score by JNH. The Great Eatlon is especially terrific. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    THE VILLAGE - JAMES NEWTON HOWARD

This is one of the best work by James. The solo violins really haunts me. Excellent score! punk
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009 edited
    zOMG! - Jeremy Soule

This score contains cues from various musical genres composed for the game. It really is good to hear Soule have fun with different styles here and shows how versatile a composer he really is.
    I've been listening to many of his game scores recently and he really is quite amazing at orchestrating and mixing synthetic orchestra (synths etc). His music is so full bodied and thematically rich.
    This is a common wish I know but geez it would be wonderful to hear what he'd do with a real orchestra!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Exorcist II - Ennio Morricone

Very good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote

Very good.

Funny, i heard it quite a long time ago but still i remember it to be pretty awful.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    DemonStar wrote
    Now the Goa Chase cue is present in full glory in the recently leaked complete b**t. cool

'scuse me?! There's a complete version of Supremacy available?! WANT.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Only leaked a couple of days ago. 192 kbps MP3 but an unusually good rip!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

Have you heard Goa Chase in all its glory away from the film out of curiosity?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

Have you heard Goa Chase in all its glory away from the film out of curiosity?

If you mean what Ravi refers to ( a b**t ) then no.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote

Very good.

Funny, i heard it quite a long time ago but still i remember it to be pretty awful.

Very spooky, sometimes wild, but I can't imagine you wouldn't like Regan's Theme.