• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009
    Oh, please don't tell me it's great. Then I will have to use iTunes too.
  1. There are ways to avoid using iTunes, if someone else already has. But that would involve a couple of days of waiting, I believe.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    That's an interesting theory. Interesting indeed.
  2. However it is only a theory. Quite unpracticed, as far as I'm aware.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Best Shot (Goldsmith, the magic man)

You mean HOOSIERS. wink

-Erik-

punk

(and I'm British.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Please explain. I don't get why the score is called Best Shot, yet the main theme seems to come from 'Hoosiers'. You must know why I'm a little confused ?

The film was called Hoosiers in N America, but since nobody anywhere else would know what "Hoosiers" means (eg me), it was unimaginatively renamed Best Shot.

Shock! Horror! American film re-titled for the rest of the world!!!

...and ...ummm...yeah, what d' fuk does Hoosiers mean?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Best Shot (Goldsmith, the magic man)

You mean HOOSIERS. wink

-Erik-

punk

(and I'm British.)

Then you can explain it to me!? spin confused
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Un Prophete - Alexandre Desplat

Wow. Incredibly dark score. And wow. Sound effects. Confined to the start and end of tracks, but rather annoying (to say the least).

Do you like the score James?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    BhelPuri wrote
    Guerra E Pace is simply awesome! punk
    Check out the magnificent Quo Vadis for another epic work.

Thanks! Will do. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Hi Ravi,

Yesterday, i finished Ayudha Pooja at my office and tomorrow, Saraswathi pooja at my home. How about you?

NP: THE LION KING - HANS ZIMMER

Good animation score, but do we need complete recordings? wink biggrin
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009 edited
    Sunil wrote

For heaven's sake, YES!

Regarding the pooja, yeah we're doing it too. We've got local Bengalis doing the Durga Pooja in certain places so we also visit and pay our respects to Her! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    I knew you would say that. But seriously speaking, it will never happen. You just mark my words, Disney will never ever fulfill the desires and expectation of fans.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    You can never say what can/can't happen. Although with the current batch of execs it does appear unlikely anytime soon, there might eventually be a deal reached that clears the path. If someone has enough perseverance and determination to get it done, then it's not impossible (tough yes, not impossible). At least I pray for that to happen. Let's be optimistic and have faith in God.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Raiders Of The Lost Ark - John Williams

A true classic and real favourite of mine. cool
  3. NP: Baaria (Morricone)

Having now played it all... it's a score on the level of Cefalonia or Il Cuore nel Pozzo. Good, solid stuff. Wouldn't quite say great. The highlights: the main theme & the tarantella (evocative of the tarantella of his that closes INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS so memorably).

The opening track is the only thing I'd criticise. The 13 minute piece starts out well, feeling like an overture/summary of sorts. The use of Sardinian vocalists is a particularly nice touch that I've not heard in Morricone before (and it doesn't appear elsewhere in this score). Then a few minutes in the random moments of dialogue and sound effects start. And there seems to be no logic to it. It gets too annoying to listen to after a while. I'm sure there's good music there, but I'll be skipping it in future.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    You can never say what can/can't happen. Although with the current batch of execs it does appear unlikely anytime soon, there might eventually be a deal reached that clears the path. If someone has enough perseverance and determination to get it done, then it's not impossible (tough yes, not impossible). At least I pray for that to happen. Let's be optimistic and have faith in God.

I appreciate your optimism but.............
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I know what you want to say, I've heard it multiple times already. But I'm not giving up. It's not careless optimism, it's realism but with a determination and perseverance. Unlikely doesn't mean impossible. Go read the quote in my user info, I stand by that. And in the meantime at least hope for a best quality promo/recording sessions to surface.

Will soon play: Angels & Demons - Hans Zimmer

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    Southall wrote

Wow. Incredibly dark score. And wow. Sound effects. Confined to the start and end of tracks, but rather annoying (to say the least).

Yeah, quite annoying. However I do love what I hear of the music, particularly 'Le Pouvoir' and 'Gunfight'. And closing the album with that version of 'Mack the Knife' was a pretty clever choice!

I thought of editing a music-only version, once i find the time. Anyone interested in this one?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Southall wrote

Yeah, quite annoying. However I do love what I hear of the music, particularly 'Le Pouvoir' and 'Gunfight'. And closing the album with that version of 'Mack the Knife' was a pretty clever choice!

I thought of editing a music-only version, once i find the time. Anyone interested in this one?

Yes!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Baaria (Morricone)

Having now played it all... it's a score on the level of Cefalonia or Il Cuore nel Pozzo. Good, solid stuff. Wouldn't quite say great. The highlights: the main theme & the tarantella (evocative of the tarantella of his that closes INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS so memorably).

The opening track is the only thing I'd criticise. The 13 minute piece starts out well, feeling like an overture/summary of sorts. The use of Sardinian vocalists is a particularly nice touch that I've not heard in Morricone before (and it doesn't appear elsewhere in this score). Then a few minutes in the random moments of dialogue and sound effects start. And there seems to be no logic to it. It gets too annoying to listen to after a while. I'm sure there's good music there, but I'll be skipping it in future.

That sounds irritating!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

Do you like the score James?

It's a bit of a challenge. Quite modernistic. Very impressive in parts (the parts Michael mentioned above in particular).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Un Homme et Son Chien - Philippe Rombi

Very pretty.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Whiteout - John Frizzell

Really rather good. Surprisingly so.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Whiteout - John Frizzell

Really rather good. Surprisingly so.

I heard it once and i remembered some good and some very odd moments....
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Drop Zone (Zimmer)

One of these scores that I bough like if it was GOLD at his time, and Now I never listen because of the synthetic crap.

But today I wanted t play some pure Zimmer. I still watch the cover:composed,ORCHESTRATED, arranged and performed by Hans Zimmer.

Leaving the sampled orchestral moments, this score contains some really cool rythms and synthetised effects (Including my loved techno)

Angels and Demons is not so far from here, right?:P
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    Sunil wrote

For heaven's sake, YES!

Regarding the pooja, yeah we're doing it too. We've got local Bengalis doing the Durga Pooja in certain places so we also visit and pay our respects to Her! smile

Can I say that THE LION KING just doesn't get enough attention around here!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Oi, tell that to Sunil, HE started it! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Godzilla - David Arnold

Excellent score, excellent release, excellent quality. 'nuff said. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Shadows - Ryan Shore

Great score. Moments of beauty mix with lots of tension.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Godzilla - David Arnold

Excellent score, excellent release, excellent quality. 'nuff said. punk

punk punk punk