• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009
    NP : KING OF KINGS - Miklos Rozsa

It really REALLY doesn't get much better than this! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Addams Family - Marc Shaiman

Delightful!
  1. Thomas Glorieux wrote

Rio Conchos has such a killer theme
    but for me, the CD's goddamn money worthy because it has the Agony and the Ecstasy track as well, and that my friend is one of Goldsmith's most brilliant pieces ever written beer

You're right lil' bro. But I'll have to hear again to really get it. Which is no problem whatsoever (hearing it again) !!! cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Rio Conchos has such a killer theme
    but for me, the CD's goddamn money worthy because it has the Agony and the Ecstasy track as well, and that my friend is one of Goldsmith's most brilliant pieces ever written beer

You're right lil' bro. But I'll have to hear again to really get it. Which is no problem whatsoever (hearing it again) !!! cheesy

don't worry, you'll get it smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : LIFEFORCE - Henry Mancini

Awesome!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009
    NP : THE OMEN - Jerry Goldsmith

It's been a very long time since I've heard this. Damn fine score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    We, or the ubergod called B. should definitely ban all the funny people here, or at least the ones that use humour to get their points of view across. This world would indeed be a better place without people having a sense of humour.

ALL HAIL SERIOUSNESS !!!!! TO HELL WITH THE FUNNYMEN !!!!!

What??? Gilles, come back? Are you serious? cry
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Last of the Mohicans - Trevor Jones / Randy Edelman

The superior Varese recording. I've always thought there was just something missing from this score. It's not as good as it could have been.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

The superior Varese recording. I've always thought there was just something missing from this score. It's not as good as it could have been.

confused

I love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Me too. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS - TREVOR JONES/RANDY EDELMAN

Thanks to Southall for inspiring me to play this score. I love this one. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Recently played:

Lionheart - Jerry Goldsmith

A very energetic and enjoyable score.

NP: Evan Almighty - John Debney

Pretty underrated, IMO. I really like the music here, especially the action music in the climax.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Starship Troopers Basil Poledouris

My kinda music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Hanover Street - John Barry
    Enjoyable and great as the main theme is, it's a bit tiring after its upteenth appearance. And the CD is 80 minutes long. I think a shorter CD would have been a much better listening experience.
    I was among the firsts to order this CD because I was familiar with the main theme and I loved it. However I hoped for more thematic material which is not really the case with this CD. OK, the action music is also good, but they are far and few between.
    Next time I will program the CD for a 30-40 minutes listen!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:M:I 3 (Giacchino)

this score simply rocks!!!!

punk punk punk punk punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : The Perfect Storm - James Horner

A perfect OST for a perfect afternoon !
    The themes in this are absolutely beautiful .
    This is one of my favourite Horner scores ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

confused

I love it.

I quite like it, but it's obviously two different scores pasted together. Edelman's is quite pretty and Jones's quite dramatic, but I've always had a problem with the way Jones orchestrated his theme. It sounds so stilted to me. It's a wonderful melody, but I don't think he did it justice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    keky wrote
    Enjoyable and great as the main theme is, it's a bit tiring after its upteenth appearance.

And just wait til you see the movie. I got about 20 minutes in and after the six hundredth playing of that theme I turned it offe. But it really wasn't Barry fault that I shut this stinker off. It's a really, really bad movie. Too bad because I'm a big Harrison Ford fan.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009 edited
    keky wrote
    Enjoyable and great as the main theme is, it's a bit tiring after its upteenth appearance. And the CD is 80 minutes long. I think a shorter CD would have been a much better listening experience.
    I was among the firsts to order this CD because I was familiar with the main theme and I loved it. However I hoped for more thematic material which is not really the case with this CD. OK, the action music is also good, but they are far and few between.

I totally agree Kalman, I would even cut it shorter, say, 20 minutes or so.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Cinderella III (promo website tracks) - Joel McNeely

It's only even more tragic that the bulk of his scores go unreleased when you hear how great this man's stuff is. Tracks like Prince To The Rescue and Mad Pumpkin Ride are fantastic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    keky wrote

I totally agree Kalman, I would even cut it shorter, say, 20 minutes or so.

I said this in my capsule review of it and got an earful from someone in the comments section!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: War And Peace - Jan A.P. Kaczmarek

This is one very talented composer indeed. Lovely main theme and some great action music here!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: War And Peace - Jan A.P. Kaczmarek

This is one very talented composer indeed. Lovely main theme and some great action music here!

Guerra E Pace is simply awesome! punk
    Check out the magnificent Quo Vadis for another epic work.
  3. Best Shot (Goldsmith, the magic man)

Can film music be any more fun and inspired and have a theme as well that can knocks someone senseless ??? Mostly synthesized, apart from the brilliant finale music, this is just way too good to have ignored it for so long. I mean, what was I thinking just not letting myself listen to this brilliant score for my whole life? 34 years without Best Shot ??? I was clearly out of my friggin mind !! Glad I have been awakened by a slap of Jerry's baton on my head, so I can finally enjoy the hell out of his undiscovered gems that I've been listening to recently.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    Best Shot (Goldsmith, the magic man)

You mean HOOSIERS. wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. Please explain. I don't get why the score is called Best Shot, yet the main theme seems to come from 'Hoosiers'. You must know why I'm a little confused ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    DreamTheater wrote
    Please explain. I don't get why the score is called Best Shot, yet the main theme seems to come from 'Hoosiers'. You must know why I'm a little confused ?

The film was called Hoosiers in N America, but since nobody anywhere else would know what "Hoosiers" means (eg me), it was unimaginatively renamed Best Shot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Un Prophete - Alexandre Desplat

Wow. Incredibly dark score. And wow. Sound effects. Confined to the start and end of tracks, but rather annoying (to say the least).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009 edited
    NP : GIRL WITH A PEARL EARRING - Alexandre Desplat

I've had this for freakin' ages. It always comes on when I'm running and have my iPod on shuffle and I never know what it is other than it sounds gorgeous. So I'm finally giving it the full listening treatment it deserves. cool
  5. Southall wrote
    Un Prophete - Alexandre Desplat

Wow. Incredibly dark score. And wow. Sound effects. Confined to the start and end of tracks, but rather annoying (to say the least).

Yeah, quite annoying. However I do love what I hear of the music, particularly 'Le Pouvoir' and 'Gunfight'. And closing the album with that version of 'Mack the Knife' was a pretty clever choice!

NP: Baaria (Morricone)

I couldn't wait. iTunes it is. Beautiful title track is playing now. Looking forward to hearing the rest of any score that begins this way. smile
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am