• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Edward Scissorhands - Danny Elfman

Some of his most heartfelt music ever.

Let me get ma b.

Pass it to me next.

I am not sure if there's going to be any space left in there! beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Lovely image!

I haven't listened to that score for while. I don't think I will like it as much today as I did when I first bought it almost 10 years back.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Anthony wrote

Come again? That score is terrible. Give me At World's End any day.

I was just helping my beloved friend, Southall.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    At World's End is the better score indeed, but Dead Man's Chest is also a good score. It's somewhat badly presented on the soundtrack (quite some good action cues missing) so it appears more dull than it actually is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Edward Scissorhands is the best score in the world.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Is it? What about Sleepy Hollow?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK - JOHN WILLIAMS

Excellent score but he slightly inspired by Johann Sebastian Bach's music. Did anybody notice that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    Edward Scissorhands is the best score in the world.

Yeah. The Asylum relevant to "elevator music".
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You are HARSH!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Very harsh. It's lovely music. Clearly it might be too sugary for some, but it's hard to imagine how someone could find it awful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I'm now listening to it, and I can't see why it would be ugly? Sugary ... true. But so lovely.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Bregt,

I have one serious question about your signature "Humour for the serious-minded", who said that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Franz! In Recent Viewing.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Well said! That was exactly true. There are some serious-minded people are here. They need definite humour sense. Thanks for that signature! Excellent indeed! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Fine, southall! but all the time you can't be so serious, right? you need some sort of humor, that should do good to yourself as well as to others. I agree that sometimes our humour might be misread by others and that will lead to certain chaos. That's the reason, i have just controlled my sense of humor. Honestly speaking, i can't be so serious all the time as like you. I may involve in making humorous attempt in writing my point of view about a person or situation but that doesn't mean i disrespect people over here. I do respect and admire all the people in MT. In fact, i am learning from all of you, especially about writing and knowledge of film music.

Have a nice day!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I know what point you're making, but I can't help but think back to something my old mentor, Ramsay McDonald, told me over lunch at Pizza Hut in July 1962. "The bane of all civilisations - ancient and modern - is the macadamia nut." I think if we all consider that when posting, this place would become far less hostile.
  1. That is a worthy thought.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Malena - Ennio Morricone
    Beautiful and rich. I love when Morricone is in his nostalgic, emotional mood!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    keky wrote
    Malena - Ennio Morricone
    Beautiful and rich. I love when Morricone is in his nostalgic, emotional mood!

That's exactly the Morricone i love too. To Morricone mt nut-cases (and Peter esp.) what other similar scores to this style (the melodic and the very romantic, emotional) by the Maestro would you recommend?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Cinema Paradiso
    Cefalonia
    Perlasca
    Nostromo
    Il cuore nel pozzo

come to my mind. But I should check my Morricone collection, because I'm sure there are many, many more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Cinema Paradiso --> check
    Cefalonia--> check
    Perlasca--> want
    Nostromo--> want
    Il cuore nel pozzo--> want
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Some more:

Fateless
    Padre Pio
    Lucia
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Vertical Limit - James Newton Howard

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    This is a serious place.

We, or the ubergod called B. should definitely ban all the funny people here, or at least the ones that use humour to get their points of view across. This world would indeed be a better place without people having a sense of humour.

ALL HAIL SERIOUSNESS !!!!! TO HELL WITH THE FUNNYMEN !!!!! punk

Rio Conchos (Jerry Goldsmith)

First ever listen, and this sounds great, as expected. That's what I'm talking about, an old film score rerecorded with newer technology and all the better for it. This is why I'm always so hesitant about buying older film music. But my brother lent me his CD and as I'm in a huge Goldsmith phase right now, this is an unknown score that may well become another addition to my ever-growing Goldsmith collection. There's something timeless about his sound, as you all know bloody well, and his music will stand the test of time, unlike the Rihanna's and the Justin Timberlake's and the what-have-you's of our times...
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. Scribe wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Add me for being the fourth admirer of the new Ewok celebration theme

Me 5? That theme is one of my very favorite pieces of music, period. About 10 years ago I was learning piano and I got this little book with Star Wars pieces and that was one of them. Although I rarely play piano any more, I must say that being able to play such beautiful music, no matter how simple the arrangement, is a unique and almost spiritual experience.

me 6, it is one of the most magical moments in the entire episode, it it just such a splendid theme and above all send off of a trilogy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. DreamTheater wrote
    Southall wrote
    This is a serious place.

We, or the ubergod called B. should definitely ban all the funny people here, or at least the ones that use humour to get their points of view across. This world would indeed be a better place without people having a sense of humour.

ALL HAIL SERIOUSNESS !!!!! TO HELL WITH THE FUNNYMEN !!!!! punk

Rio Conchos (Jerry Goldsmith)

First ever listen, and this sounds great, as expected. That's what I'm talking about, an old film score rerecorded with newer technology and all the better for it. This is why I'm always so hesitant about buying older film music. But my brother lent me his CD and as I'm in a huge Goldsmith phase right now, this is an unknown score that may well become another addition to my ever-growing Goldsmith collection. There's something timeless about his sound, as you all know bloody well, and his music will stand the test of time, unlike the Rihanna's and the Justin Timberlake's and the what-have-you's of our times...

Rio Conchos has such a killer theme
    but for me, the CD's goddamn money worthy because it has the Agony and the Ecstasy track as well, and that my friend is one of Goldsmith's most brilliant pieces ever written beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    100% agree Thomas beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Return To Never Land - Joel McNeely

A sample of this man's talent, and a luckily quite satisfactory soundtrack presentation. Great experience! cool