• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Miya wrote
    nope tongue

But I know that poor Jungle Emperor Leo who was renamed by lazy Americans! Take a look in Japanese and Swahili dictionaries! rolleyes biggrin

Yeah, Simba is lion in swahili lol

Just one interesting point, lion is called "Simha" in Hindi! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009 edited
    Right, that's IT. I'm declaring marshal law! slant

Any person caught posting ANYTHING that could even in the smallest way be construed as a L**n K**g reference will be shot on sight.

Starting... starting after this post...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Mbube wimoweh...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar

*puts on bulletproof suit and darts away*
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Mbube wimoweh...

biggrin biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. William wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    NP: UP -- Michael Giacchino

First listen, can you believe it?

beer punk You gonna review it? smile

don't know yet, gonna listen to it a couple of times more and decide then
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Loveliest score of the year so far IMO!
  2. DemonStar wrote
    Loveliest score of the year so far IMO!

there are others as well, but it is good indeed
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Just finished with the remainder of Terminator: Salvation. I don't think I'll be return to it any time soon. And boy, does the album end with a whimper. So, I decided to finish off my Terminator listen with Erich Kunzel's brilliant rendition of Fiedel's classic main theme!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Un Homme et Son Chien - Philippe Rombi

Easily the best score I've heard this year!

EDIT - Someone recently asked if there were any composers out there that could write themes like Poledouris or Delerue... well, allow me to introduce you to Philippe Rombi.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    Erich Kunzel's brilliant rendition of Fiedel's classic main theme!

Where to find, please?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Just finished with the remainder of Terminator: Salvation. I don't think I'll be return to it any time soon. And boy, does the album end with a whimper. So, I decided to finish off my Terminator listen with Erich Kunzel's brilliant rendition of Fiedel's classic main theme!

-Erik-

The arrangement is weak, but I've made my own playlist with the second-to-last cue being 'Reveal/The Escape' ending with 'Salvation'. I put Beltrami's version of the Terminator theme at the end as a sort of "bonus cue".

I've returned to this one many a time!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Where to find, please?

Great Fantasy Adventure Album IMHO, one of the finest re-recordings of film music out there!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    William wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

OK. Well, if by any chance you're not interested, you know who would be. wink But regardless of who reviews it, I'd love to see this score reviewed sometime on MainTitles. smile
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Where to find, please?

Great Fantasy Adventure Album IMHO, one of the finest re-recordings of film music out there!

-Erik-

I love that album, thanks for making me aware of its existence. wave

But I always shiver in fear whenever those sound effects (Terminator theme included) pop up. You know what I'm saying?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Where to find, please?

-Erik-

I love that album, thanks for making me aware of its existence. wave

But I always shiver in fear whenever those sound effects (Terminator theme included) pop up. You know what I'm saying?

The only sound effects on that album I don't play is both version of Jurassic Lunch. I love the bow and arrow before Robin Hood. And the Terminator sound effects add so much to the theme! Generally, I hate the Kunzel sound effects on other albums but they work on the Fantasy album!

-Erik-
  4. Yeah, but I'm talking about the fact they're so loud, so powerful in dynamics. I fear my speakers may explode.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    Yeah, but I'm talking about the fact they're so loud, so powerful in dynamics. I fear my speakers may explode.

Which is why there are warnings on the CD's. wink

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ace Ventura 2: When Nature Calls Robert Folk

WHY-OOHHHH!! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote

WHY-OOHHHH!! biggrin

The opening track is fantastic!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Tis on my action/adventure playlist that I made on request for a friend. cool (Though have lost it to a hard drive crash before you ask, but I distinctly remember that being on there.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Coco Avant Chanel - Alexandre Desplat

Another one of my 2009 favorites... and that's saying something for those that know of my distaste for a lot of Desplat's work. This score flows like no other Desplat album I've heard.

-Erik-
  5. William wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    William wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

OK. Well, if by any chance you're not interested, you know who would be. wink But regardless of who reviews it, I'd love to see this score reviewed sometime on MainTitles. smile

oh you are my choice if I don't review it William, don't worry. I think a couple of listens more and I'll know for sure
  6. Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

WHY-OOHHHH!! biggrin

The opening track is fantastic!

-Erik-

indeed, I want more Robert Folk music damn it
    I want his Police Academy music, and I'm talking about that first one. What a hoot punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    William wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    William wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

oh you are my choice if I don't review it William, don't worry. I think a couple of listens more and I'll know for sure

Cool! Either way, this site really needs some more Giacchino reviews, in my opinion. smile
  7. William wrote

Cool! Either way, this site really needs some more Giacchino reviews, in my opinion. smile

I'm working on it tongue
  8. NP: Il clan dei siciliani (The Sicilian Clan) - Ennio Morricone

Boing!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    I quite ike its calmer and more dramatic nature to tell you the truth; there are moments which are very effective and emotional, such as the stunning opening track and "Infinite White" for instance. Other tracks like (for instance) "Heed our Warning" are complete Angels and Demons' rip offs but originality was never an issue with Jablonsky in the first place; makes me wonder who wrote what in Angels and Demons wink

Where's the Angels & Demons rip? If anything, "Heed Our Warning" took it's inspiration from Vangelis' score to Ridley Scott's 1492. Check out "Hispanola" on the official album.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : KING KONG - James Newton Howard

cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen Steve Jablonsky

The redeeming feature of the first score was the shear unadulterated fun. It was a McDonalds meal; wasn't particularly filling, wasn't complicated, perhaps wasn't even that healthy... but it tasted damn good if you're in the mood for it. This score, however, is like a bad kebab from a dodgy takeaway. Doesn't even taste that good. Can only be enjoyed when very drunk.