• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009
    At least the Batman Begins 2 note motif is not used here this time! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I quite ike its calmer and more dramatic nature to tell you the truth; there are moments which are very effective and emotional, such as the stunning opening track and "Infinite White" for instance. Other tracks like (for instance) "Heed our Warning" are complete Angels and Demons' rip offs but originality was never an issue with Jablonsky in the first place; makes me wonder who wrote what in Angels and Demons wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Prime, Infinite White and Tomb Of The Primes are really nice indeed! smile

Precious Cargo reminds me a lot of Immolation in A&D. wink
  1. Stargate (David Arnold)

UNDENIABLY MAGNIFICENT !!!! punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    STEVE JABLONSKY - transformers : revenge of the fallen

My, someone has been listening to ANGELS AND DEMONS a lot wink

Same with Transformers and Batman Begins. Notice a pattern much?

I haven't had the urge to listen to this one again since I gave it my first listen. Usually with a new score I listen to it about 2 or 3 times in the same day... not this one. Not really fussed about this one. :meh: <- another emoticon we need
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Same with Transformers and Batman Begins. Notice a pattern much?

I haven't had the urge to listen to this one again since I gave it my first listen. Usually with a new score I listen to it about 2 or 3 times in the same day... not this one. Not really fussed about this one. :meh: <- another emoticon we need

Well, i can understand that; someone who isn't particularly triggered by long, dramatic RC chord processions and vocals won't be intrigued by that score i guess. I too am a guy who if i don't "get" what a score is trying to say from the first 2-3 listens, i never return to it again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'd much rather listen to Angels & Demons actually! That I do return to. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

And some Tyler Bates' 300 wink

I find some Beltrami's Underworld moment too. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Sleepers - John Williams

When this score came out I didn't buy it simply because I hadn't noticed the music while watching the movie. It was not memorable at all. I found a used copy for very cheap some weeks ago and thought, I might give it a try.
    Well, there are many subdued score that I love, but this is simply way too subdued for my taste. There are three or four tracks that I like but I guess it won't belong to my favourites of Williams. Anyway, I will give it another listen soon, maybe it will grow on me, who knows, it had happened before...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    I quite ike its calmer and more dramatic nature to tell you the truth; there are moments which are very effective and emotional, such as the stunning opening track and "Infinite White" for instance.

I also like the dramatic version of Optimus Prime´s Theme ("Prime", "Infinite White", "Matrix of Leadership", "Tomb of the Primes"); actually I think it is a good evolution of the original "Optimus Theme" from the first score, but the rest of the music is....nothing! Not a single big action cue in the whole album? And only one variation of the Autobots Theme ("I Claim your Sun")?

But then again, the film is 150 minutes long, so there´s probably much more music in the movie.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Beowulf - Alan Silvestri

A score best served loud.

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Bourne Ultimatum John Powell

The most dramatic of the three scores, and personally my favourite. (Supremacy still remains my favourite album of the three.)

It also contains my favourite cue from the entire trilogy, 'Tangiers'. One of this millennium's best action cues!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    'Tangiers'

Fucking awesome.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    The Bourne Ultimatum John Powell

The most dramatic of the three scores, and personally my favourite. (Supremacy still remains my favourite album of the three.)

It also contains my favourite cue from the entire trilogy, 'Tangiers'. One of this millennium's best action cues!

It is great! Just not as 'catchy' as Supremacy but that's hardly a quibble. To be honest I enjoy all three albums immensely.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE DARK CRYSTAL - Trevor Jones

IMO one of the great fantasy scores.

Magic! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: The Little Mermaid - Alan Menken

Maybe he's more influenced by Frunk Churchill (Snow White, Dumbo, Bambi) or Oliver Wallace (a bunch of old Disney scores) than Sherman Bros. Fathoms Below reminds me of one of the Dumbo songs, and his score using melodies from songs sounds similar to Wallace's, but more dramatic. smile
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  2. Miya, haven't you thought of actually reviewing Disney scores?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Miya, haven't you thought of actually reviewing Disney scores?

I'd like to if I could, but it takes more effort and time to write longer (than my "wooo it's amazing" posts on NP thread wink) in English. But I recently started a blog, and I'll write a sort of short reviews of my favorite soundtracks in Japanese, and in English when I can.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    I'd much rather listen to Angels & Demons actually! That I do return to. smile

Love it.
    LSH wrote
    NP: Beowulf - Alan Silvestri

A score best served loud.

punk

Word, sir!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Miya wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

I'd like to if I could, but it takes more effort and time to write longer (than my "wooo it's amazing" posts on NP thread wink) in English. But I recently started a blog, and I'll write a sort of short reviews of my favorite soundtracks in Japanese, and in English when I can.

Why not ask Bregt to add them (well, the English ones dizzy ) here?
    Seriously?
    Obviously you, together maybe with Ravi, are the person most knowledgeable about modern animation (scores) here, I think. I think it would be a worthwhile addition, even if the genre doesn't always appeal that much to me personally (but obviously does to many others!)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Mmmyeah.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh, come on, D.
    YOU don't have to like it?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Oh, come on, D.
    YOU don't have to like it?

No, shut up, you misunderstood me again! That was me shouting in excitement on the afore-mentioned premise maaaaan! icecream
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: A.I: Artificial Intelligence - John Williams

Some of the most dramatic scoring ever by Williams!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Martijn wrote
    Miya wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

Why not ask Bregt to add them (well, the English ones dizzy ) here?
    Seriously?
    Obviously you, together maybe with Ravi, are the person most knowledgeable about modern animation (scores) here, I think. I think it would be a worthwhile addition, even if the genre doesn't always appeal that much to me personally (but obviously does to many others!)

Well, I have not write any yet! I don't know how I'll write them (it could be just an extended edition of "wooo it's amazing" wink), and I don't have enough time lately. But if I write anything worth enough, I'll ask the master! smile

NP: Spirited Away - Joe Hisaishi

Guess what I'm reading cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Kimba The White Lion?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    nope tongue

But I know that poor Jungle Emperor Leo who was renamed by lazy Americans! Take a look in Japanese and Swahili dictionaries! rolleyes biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Miya wrote
    Take a look in Japanese and Swahili dictionaries!

Nah. I'm trying to give that up.
  3. Miya wrote
    nope tongue

But I know that poor Jungle Emperor Leo who was renamed by lazy Americans! Take a look in Japanese and Swahili dictionaries! rolleyes biggrin

Yeah, Simba is lion in swahili lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    We're treading dangerously close to a certain subject that has been rightfully banned... slant