• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2009
    Exciting. Note it down and remember it.

Thus endeth our millionth English lesson.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Steven wrote

my "_" key is broke. So I _an't use it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2009
    Nautilus wrote
    Steven wrote

Can we all go Misery on your ass now?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Steven wrote

Can we all go Misery on your ass now?

-Erik-

Sometimes the fact I don't have a good level of english is a bless. Because I don't understand Erik's question, and probably it's better .
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : INSIDE MAN - Terence Blanchard

cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:WaterWorld (JNH)

Since 1 week ago I haven't heard the whole score. it's one of this scores wich I discover late.

Modern bits, Old Fashioned fanfarres, some new age (very vangelis like) stuff and the harmonic and choral personality of JNH.

Great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Dinosaur - James Newton Howard

My first JNH score ever and therefore it will always remain special for me. Tracks like The Egg Travels, The Courtship, Raptors/Stand Together, Breakout and Epilogue are really wonderful and they enhance the already great visuals in the movie. A really great score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Dinosaur - James Newton Howard

My first JNH score ever and therefore it will always remain special for me. Tracks like The Egg Travels, The Courtship, Raptors/Stand Together, Breakout and Epilogue are really wonderful and they enhance the already great visuals in the movie. A really great score!

Yeap. It was my first JNH score too. "the eggs travel" and "Across the desert" make me love James Newton Howard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2009 edited
    Nautilus wrote

Since 1 week ago I haven't heard the whole score. it's one of this scores wich I discover late.

Modern bits, Old Fashioned fanfarres, some new age (very vangelis like) stuff and the harmonic and choral personality of JNH.

Great.

Wow! this score is becoming one of my favourites. Dammed! Why I didn't listen before?

It contains all what i like: the composer's personality, fanfarres, action, techno, ethnic and new age stuff...even a great cover!

One of this BIG and LOUD scores wich every composer must have! punk punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Timmer wrote
    NP : INSIDE MAN - Terence Blanchard

cool

Good choice.

NP: A Tale Of God's Will (A Requiem For Katrina) - Terence Blanchard

Gorgeous.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Gorgeous indeed, i haven't heard such a work in many years.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Great.

Wow! this score is becoming one of my favourites. Dammed! Why I didn't listen before?

It contains all what i like: the composer's personality, fanfarres, action, techno, ethnic and new age stuff...even a great cover!

One of this BIG and LOUD scores wich every composer must have! punk punk punk

"every composer must have"!? dizzy

p.s. You're C key has mysteriously reappeared.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thanks. You, and Steven actually made good suggestions and certain points that i'll certainly take into account! beer

BAH!
    Bollocks!
    Nothing was ever said that in light of a plethora of passion, power, pointed puns and parody wasn't made better, in a strict Biblical sense of course (I mean fire, brimstone, floods and thunder), by an apoplectic abundance of words!

Stavroula wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well; there haven't been that many cases of "rare beauties" in the film music gig during the last 3-4 years or so; this is why i put the phrase in the closet for the time being; don't worry biggrin

shocked
    You were talking about music?!Jee!!! I tought you refered to me!!!

Implicitly, always!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: The Essential Maurice Jarre Film Music Collection - Maurice Jarre

Ever since his passing I've been listening to more of the man's music than ever before... and it's a shame that I didn't really appreciate his music until his passing. I've always ignored it and I can't give a logical explanation as to why. He writes music just the way I like it. For the most part his music is purely orchestral, melodic and has a distinct musical style. I think my hesitation came from my first experiences with Jarre's music... his experimental 80's synth scores.

While the music in Witness, Dead Poet's Society, Enemy Mine and Ghost is good, it was the synth sound - that processed orchestral sound - that turned me off. Even though later on when I became familiar with Jarre's great works - Lawrence, Zhivago, etc - I still couldn't get the icky sounds of those terribly dated 80's scores out of my head.

Well, now that I've matured as a listener... at least I think I have since then... I'm quickly becoming a big fan of Jarre's and have become more and more fascinated with his music. So much so that I've just turned to a City of Prague recording; The Essential Maurice Jarre Film Music Collection to find more Jarre gems that I've never really paid much attention to. Jesus of Nazareth, The Fixer, Fatal Attraction, The Year of Living Dangerously (had no idea this score was this good), Red Sun, etc. This folks is me falling in love!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thanks. You, and Steven actually made good suggestions and certain points that i'll certainly take into account! beer

BAH!
    Bollocks!
    Nothing was ever said that in light of a plethora of passion, power, pointed puns and parody wasn't made better, in a strict Biblical sense of course (I mean fire, brimstone, floods and thunder), by an apoplectic abundance of words!

I wonder though, is an abundance of words -that of which entails many phrases with a flourish of clauses and a multifarious degree of subordination in an interminably, sustained and uninterrupted manner- is indeed [and this is perhaps arguable in a purely academic and pedagogical sense] the correct and most fruitful method in which one (the 'one', of course, a discussion best left to those of a particularly unwavering philosophical disposition) might want to divulge such a surplus of nonsensical compulsive enthusiasm from which it spouts so irrepressibly from an inordinate degree of uncontrollable passion which, antithetically, may interrupt the true nature of the originally intended argument?

Just a thought.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Oh shit... I have a feeling that this thread is about to go waaaaaay off topic. Please if you are going to discuss something other than what you are Now Playing then please take it elsewhere.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Balto - James Horner

One of Horner's best early scores, this is his style I like! Really fun score that's a great listening experience!
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    NP: The Essential Maurice Jarre Film Music Collection - Maurice Jarre

Ever since his passing I've been listening to more of the man's music than ever before... and it's a shame that I didn't really appreciate his music until his passing. I've always ignored it and I can't give a logical explanation as to why. He writes music just the way I like it. For the most part his music is purely orchestral, melodic and has a distinct musical style. I think my hesitation came from my first experiences with Jarre's music... his experimental 80's synth scores.

While the music in Witness, Dead Poet's Society, Enemy Mine and Ghost is good, it was the synth sound - that processed orchestral sound - that turned me off. Even though later on when I became familiar with Jarre's great works - Lawrence, Zhivago, etc - I still couldn't get the icky sounds of those terribly dated 80's scores out of my head.

Well, now that I've matured as a listener... at least I think I have since then... I'm quickly becoming a big fan of Jarre's and have become more and more fascinated with his music. So much so that I've just turned to a City of Prague recording; The Essential Maurice Jarre Film Music Collection to find more Jarre gems that I've never really paid much attention to. Jesus of Nazareth, The Fixer, Fatal Attraction, The Year of Living Dangerously (had no idea this score was this good), Red Sun, etc. This folks is me falling in love!

-Erik-

Post of the day.
    I also have rediscovered my love for his particular style in the last couple of weeks. I've gone nearly a year without listening to Maurice Jarre, and it's all coming back very nicely.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Oh shit... I have a feeling that this thread is about to go waaaaaay off topic. Please if you are going to discuss something other than what you are Now Playing then please take it elsewhere.

-Erik-

Um... okay. confused
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Um... okay. confused

.....and don't forget you're coat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Um... okay. confused

I know... I was participating in the same OT but I can foresee the epic discussion between you and Martijn and I think that you should create an alternate thread for that said discussion.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    I wonder though, is an abundance of words -that of which entails many phrases with a flourish of clauses and a multifarious degree of subordination in an interminably, sustained and uninterrupted manner- is indeed [and this is perhaps arguable in a purely academic and pedagogical sense] the correct and most fruitful method in which one (the 'one', of course, a discussion best left to those of a particularly unwavering philosophical disposition) might want to divulge such a surplus of nonsensical compulsive enthusiasm from which it spouts so irrepressibly from an inordinate degree of uncontrollable passion which, antithetically, may interrupt the true nature of the originally intended argument?

No.

Erik Woods wrote
    I think that you should create an alternate thread for that said discussion.

Ah, but THAT begs the question whether or not venturing upon on a meta-tangent is in fact going off topic, where the topic in question begs its format (though not its essence, even though the very experience and appreciation of this essence is apparently hampered or augmented by certain choices in format) to be pulled into question, irrevocably linking the two in a clash of personal preference, taste and accepted aesthetics, not to mention readability, clarity, succinctness and Ahmedinedjad, who is one of the saddest gits to walk the face of the arth and should be mentioned as little as possible.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    I think that you should create an alternate thread for that said discussion.

Ah, but THAT begs the question whether or not venturing upon on a meta-tangent is in fact going off topic, where the topic in question begs its format (though not its essence, even though the very experience and appreciation of this essence is apparently hampered or augmented by certain choices in format) to be pulled into question, irrevocably linking the two in a clash of personal preference, taste and accepted aesthetics, not to mention readability, clarity, succinctness and Ahmedinedjad, who is one of the saddest gits to walk the face of the arth and should be mentioned as little as possible.

Jeez, get to the point. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Total Recall

70 minutes of epic and loud action music.

One of the most popular themes, for one of his most popular and acclamaited movie.

A memorable theme (yes, even if Poledouris composed it some years ago), complex and addictive action music, techno creating fa futuristic touch, and the synthetiser for create a great soundscape.

Can ask for more? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    From now on I'm copying all of Jordi's NP posts and pasting them HERE!

biggrin

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Shouldn't you open a specific thread for th... oh, what the hell. BRILLIANT! biggrin applause biggrin
  2. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website