• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    BRIAN TYLER - fast & furious [2009]

What new tricks? It's the same libraries, the same orchestra, the same style, same arrangements and orchestration, very similar themes. Equally enjoyable though wink

ow cool, meaning a Tyler album like all the others confused

Basically yeah;

ow cool shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THE KILLING FIELDS - Mike Oldfield

Love this score, even the synth bits which are at times unnerving and quite inspired. The purely orchestral highlights are achingly few but when it does happen it's gobsmackingly beautiful and heartbreaking all at once.

Which tracks contain the "orchestral highlights"?

NP: Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid - Burt Bacharach

My first listen to this one - and I'd forgotten how wonderful "South American Getaway" is (from watching the movie).
    cool

I'll check through it after it finishes Alan.

I think South American Getaway is a wonderful track, the album is worth it for that track alone IMO.

Orchestral tracks on THE KILLING FIELDS

Tracks.....

1) Pran's Theme
    2) Requiem For A City
    4) Pran's Theme 2 ( after about the minute mark there'll not be a dry eye in the house )
    8) Pran's Departure
    14) The Trek
    15) The Boy's Burial / Pran Sees The Red Cross

Well worthwhile and I often see this CD going very cheaply.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Cheers, Tim.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Cheers, Tim.

Most welcome Alan smile beer

NP : BULLIT - Lalo Schifrin

I need a restraining order on me, I just can't stop playing this one cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2009 edited
    While I'm making channa masala I'm going to be listening to-
    Kamal el Tawil & Yehia el Mougy - Le Destin (a score that only Joep might know)
    Michel Cusson - Seraphin: Un Homme et Son Peche
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Leaviathan (Goldsmith)

Wow. I'm really loving it!

The soundscape is terrific. It creates great atmosphere, ironically very close to Total Recall.

The orchestra, wich I don't know nothing about, performance is pretty good. Right?

" a lot better" sounds very much like a Western cue!!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote

The soundscape is terrific. It creates great atmosphere, ironically very close to Total Recall.

The orchestra, wich I don't know nothing about, performance is pretty good. Right?

Leviathan ( 1989 ) was written a year before Total Recall so I guess it's not that surprising.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    BRIAN TYLER - fast & furious [2009]

What new tricks? It's the same libraries, the same orchestra, the same style, same arrangements and orchestration, very similar themes. Equally enjoyable though wink

ow cool, meaning a Tyler album like all the others confused

Basically yeah;

ow cool shame

And unfortunately once again all the good tracks are right at the start.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Leviathan ( 1989 ) was written a year before Total Recall so I guess it's not that surprising.

I knew that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    BhelPuri wrote

Kamal el Tawil & Yehia el Mougy - Le Destin (a score that only Joep might know)

What a score! Awesome. Lush and lyrical. And the songs are good too. Take a bow Mougy & Tawil! punk
    Joep, you are a genius!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    NP: BOLT - John Powell

While The Bourne Supremacy, Paycheck and United 93 are his best when comparing works with other composers, in terms of his own unique voice and musical personality, Bolt is easily second best after Agent Cody Banks. Love it. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Nautilus wrote

I knew that.

Okay, I'll stop preaching wink smile

NP : MARS ATTACKS - Danny Elfman

Fantastic main theme and a few other good tracks but I won't be playing this all the way through.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2009
    NP:Lost season One

Season three is my favourite, because it's more rich in themes.But Season one is almost a religious experiences (as much as the show himself, and sex is ).

Giacchino's music is one of the greatest musical achievements to film music story.

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    So presumably season three is a religious experience?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    NP: BEHIND THE SUN - Antonio Pinto
    Highly atmospheric and incredibly melancholic. Which means this gem of a score is perfect for a night listening. One of the finest examples of Pinto's style and arguably one of his best works.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Knowing - Marco Beltrami

I'm liking this very much!

Beltrami is back in form here! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : GHOST STORY - Philippe Sarde

Sarde gives this a good old fashioned spook score with full symphony orchestra and organ....love it! cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote

Season three is my favourite, because it's more rich in themes.But Season one is almost a religious experiences (as much as the show himself, and sex is ).

I've seen you put that before. What do you mean? confused confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    He was found, but now he's lost.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    He was found, but now he's lost.

Hah! I was going to do an April fool about the very final episode of Lost being called FOUND...in the end it was too obvious and not funny anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Nautilus wrote

I've seen you put that before. What do you mean? confused confused

I mean...watching the first season was a very unique experience. Comparable to other "unique" experiences like sex or Drugs tongue

NP:SpiderWick Chronicles (Horner)

One of the few late Horner scores I can enjoy.

How I never have heard very much Casper, the main theme from SpiderWick works very well. It's areally touching theme, and the fact it's not used very much in the whole score makes the music not so sugarish than other previous Horner cd's.

When I listen this score some Nostalgic feeling of Horner's 80's fantasy scores comes to my mind.

This agressive fanfarres are why I started to love Horner!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thanks Jordi, you influenced me into playing an 80's fantasy Horner score and FAAAAARRR better than Spideywick........

NP : WILLOW - James Horner

punk cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Fast & Furious Brian Tyler

Nothing as good as 'Symphonic Touge' from Tokyo Drift, but enjoyable fluff nonetheless. I do think it's time for Tyler to choose different projects though, I'm not sure how many Tyler action scores the worlds really needs... and the album is too long, but nothing that a custom playlist won't fix. (He's also starting to use a lot of hip-hop type influences in his music, which I can't say I'm too keen on.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^ Spot on. Time for a change. Big Change. If he continues doing the same stuff in 2010 as well, as in more variations on the same material and techniques, i think he's going to loose the game big time.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Agree. Tyler is great, but he starts to have a serious typecasting problem, which he seems comfortable with, since he enjoys the heck out of these projects. And thats my biggest concern, to be honest; you think he ackowledges this problem? However, he certainly showed his talents outside of this field, with work like Constantine (his rejected work is truly great) and Bug.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BobdH wrote
    However, he certainly showed his talents outside of this field, with work like Constantine (his rejected work is truly great) and Bug.

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    BobdH wrote
    However, he certainly showed his talents outside of this field, with work like Constantine (his rejected work is truly great) and Bug.

beer

Don´t forget The Hunted.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BRIAN TYLER - Bangkok Dangerous

Listening to the subtlety and melody of this score and with repeated listens over time, i am more convinced that this is the worthiest effort by Tyler this year.

Fast & Furious got me a headache earlier today. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : FLASH GORDON - Queen & Howard Blake

It don't get more fun than this on a Sunday afternoon punk cool

....and before I forget...........

BRIAN BLESSED
  3. Timmer wrote
    Thanks Jordi, you influenced me into playing an 80's fantasy Horner score and FAAAAARRR better than Spideywick........

NP : WILLOW - James Horner

punk cool

I can only do so much as agree with you. Splendid work !!! And some fantastic music still missing from the album. punk punk

The Legend of Zorro (Horner)

Fun Horner if you put it loud beer Nothing more to add than what has already been said.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.