• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2009
    DemonStar wrote
    Southall wrote
    Dragonball: Evolution - Brian Tyler

The more I listen to this, the more I like it. Didn't expect that. You need to play it LOUD! Tyler's best score since Timeline? Yes, I think it is!

The main theme is super addictive! punk

Excuse me. Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Erik Woods wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Southall wrote
    Dragonball: Evolution - Brian Tyler

The more I listen to this, the more I like it. Didn't expect that. You need to play it LOUD! Tyler's best score since Timeline? Yes, I think it is!

The main theme is super addictive! punk

Excuse me. Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

-Erik-

No. Have you? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Schindler's List - John Williams

Very beautiful, touching score. Love it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Schindler's List - John Williams

Very beautiful, touching score. Love it!

Now there's some addictive themes.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Maestro Williams is absolutely stunning when it comes to emotional music! smile
  1. NP: The Emotion and the Strength (Jarre)

Listening to 'Dr Zhivago'.

What a shame that the balalaika players couldn't read music! We might have had a score that used Jarre's absolutely melting Zhivago theme more than a couple of times, instead of a score that ran to 'Lara's theme' every second cue.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: The Emotion and the Strength (Jarre)

What a shame that the balalaika players couldn't read music! We might have had a score that used Jarre's absolutely melting Zhivago theme more than a couple of times, instead of a score that ran to 'Lara's theme' every second cue.

I haven't listened to it in a while, so I'm probably about to spew some garbage, but my impression of Dr Zhivago was that its reputation for running to Lara's theme every second cue wasn't really reflected in reality. I'll have to try it again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: 'Storming New Caprica' from BATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASON 3 (Bear McCreary)

Frankly, this is one of the best pieces of action music in the last few years.

franz_conrad wrote
    On the same album, it's worth listening to 'Wayward Soldier' and 'Mandala in the Clouds' among the action tracks. (Though I'd take a listen to 'Violence and Variations' too, it's a great cue.)

punk

HOLY FUH-ZUCK!!!

Michael - Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you very much for this recommendation! "Storming New Caprica" is easily one of the greatest action cues I've EVER heard! Thunderous and spine tingling! I thought I heard it all when it came down to Taiko drums in film music. "Storming New Caprica" raises the bar! I really have to give these scores another chance! I'm ashamed for letting this gem gather dust. shame

-Erik-

It surprises me you weren't already familiar with this. smile McCreary's work for the BS series is simply stunning.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Bear McCreary's BSG Season 3 score is just amazing!
    But wait till you hear what's ahead in season 4!
    It'll be two whole discs of pure audio bliss! Mark my words!
    Roll on August!
  2. Okay, I just need to make myself acquainted with BG music. I saw the series, some music was particularly nice and the action music... well special indeed. With season 3 nearing its end (I'm a little behind) I think it's time to start listening to the soundtracks. People are going nuts over these, so I'll check em out ASAP.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I was Playing: Hollow Man (Goldsmith)

I understand why this score had bad reviews, but I find the action writting pretty complex.

I enjoy it!

NP:War of the worlds (Williams)

Inspired for all the people who loves this score in this forum.
  3. Inspired BY, you mean?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. James Horner - The Perfect Storm

I'm in a Horner mood lately and this is revisiting and old friends. Great theme and some of his best action music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2009 edited
    NP:Broken Arrow (Music composed, performed, arranged and produced by Hans Zimmer).

Remembering my first days as a score fan! This is a really electronic score with a symphonic feeling.

na na naaaaaaaaaaaaaa (Travolta appears)
  5. Southall wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: The Emotion and the Strength (Jarre)

I haven't listened to it in a while, so I'm probably about to spew some garbage, but my impression of Dr Zhivago was that its reputation for running to Lara's theme every second cue wasn't really reflected in reality. I'll have to try it again.

Even Jarre felt like his hands were tied unnecessarily in the use of themes. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Broken Arrow (Music composed, performed, arranged and produced by Hans Zimmer).

Remembering my first days as a score fan! This is a really electronic score with a symphonic feeling.

You´ve missed a na actually.
    Na na na naaaaa..... na na na naaaaa would be more like it.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote

lol
  6. lol
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote

biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Bee Movie - Rupert Gregson-Williams

An entertaining and fun score; one of the better Dreamworks Animation efforts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2009 edited
    The latest ALBERTO IGLESIAS, Abrazos rotos, Los

This man's music never ceases to amaze me. One of the last few remaining, truly original voices in the area. I'm charmed.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : LA BICYCLETTE BLEUE - Michel Legrand

Charming and beautiful orchestral score from a true tunesmith.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. DreamTheater wrote
    Okay, I just need to make myself acquainted with BG music. I saw the series, some music was particularly nice and the action music... well special indeed. With season 3 nearing its end (I'm a little behind) I think it's time to start listening to the soundtracks. People are going nuts over these, so I'll check em out ASAP.

Bregt can help you out with that, I have all the non BG music of McCreary cheesy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : 633 SQUADRON - Ron Goodwin

Great bombastic themery punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Reign Of Fire - Edward Shearmur

This is the musical equivalent of a VERY bad mood.

And I fucking love it.

punk
  8. NP: The Home of Dark Butterflies (Panu Aaltio)

I'm sorry I didn't listen to this one before, but this is some gorgeous stuff, wow shocked
  9. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Okay, I just need to make myself acquainted with BG music. I saw the series, some music was particularly nice and the action music... well special indeed. With season 3 nearing its end (I'm a little behind) I think it's time to start listening to the soundtracks. People are going nuts over these, so I'll check em out ASAP.

Bregt can help you out with that, I have all the non BG music of McCreary cheesy

No problem! I have my sources too. Speaking of which, don't you think its about time you start exploring the galaxy in a Battlestar? You could do much worse with your time tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    NP: The Home of Dark Butterflies (Panu Aaltio)

I'm sorry I didn't listen to this one before, but this is some gorgeous stuff, wow shocked

Awesome! I've heard a lot of it on SST and broke down yesterday and bought it along with the Intrada Delerue.
  10. BhelPuri wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    NP: The Home of Dark Butterflies (Panu Aaltio)

Awesome! I've heard a lot of it on SST and broke down yesterday and bought it along with the Intrada Delerue.

you won't be dissapointed, going to review this one especially
  11. DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

No problem! I have my sources too. Speaking of which, don't you think its about time you start exploring the galaxy in a Battlestar? You could do much worse with your time tongue

hmn, maybe? tongue