• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2009
    I love it! Wild and energetic!
    But then I'm a major Tyler apologist.

punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Dragonball: Evolution - Brian Tyler

The more I listen to this, the more I like it. Didn't expect that. You need to play it LOUD! Tyler's best score since Timeline? Yes, I think it is!

vomit

-Erik-

I agreed with you about the whole Batman thing, but I must admit, the more I've listened to it, the less I've noticed that. Unlike Martijn, I am resolutely NOT a Tyler apologist, so I'm very surprised by how much I enjoy it. But I do. This is the Tyler I was hoping for after Darkness Falls, The Hunted and Timeline; and now I hope it's the one who's here to stay.
  1. It's a cool score, but I hate the electronica tracks.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    They're not great, I admit.
  2. Southall wrote

The more I listen to this, the more I like it. Didn't expect that. You need to play it LOUD! Tyler's best score since Timeline? Yes, I think it is!

are you for real?

True, scores like these must be played loud, but I doubt if I ever will grow to like this one, standard Tyler fare
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote

are you for real?

True, scores like these must be played loud, but I doubt if I ever will grow to like this one, standard Tyler fare

Yeah, I can't put this junk in the same league as Darkness Falls, The Hunted or even Timeline for that matter... and I'm no fan of Timeline.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote

are you for real?

Yeah, I can't put this junk in the same league as Darkness Falls, The Hunted or even Timeline for that matter... and I'm no fan of Timeline.

-Erik-

for me Darkness Falls is still his holy grail, and I don't even rate this one that high
    But it is so much more than most of his other stuff
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote

are you for real?

-Erik-

Exactly, even I don't like this one. vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    What do you mean even you? There's plenty of things you don't like! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    As in my normal theory of Tyler + loud = win.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ah, gotcha.

Legends of the Fall James Horner

I was going to make a penis joke just for Martijn, but I thought I'd express my absolute adoration for this masterpiece of emotional expression and beauty. (Or, you know, something like that.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    So basically "absolute adoration for <a> masterpiece of emotional expression and beauty" holds the emotional equivalence of a penis joke for you?

Ahhhh...to be a student again...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Penis jokes are a serious business for people my age. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Quite.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    How terribly immature.

Btw:
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Sunshine - Maurice Jarre

Now THIS is music. Wonderful, unbridled passion from start to end.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote

freezing

Various people recommended me AVPR

Played it = NOISE!

Play it LOUD say various people'

Played it LOUD = NOISIER!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's fantastic fun!
    Aliens Versus Predators Rehash was a mess on every level.
    ...and I am a Tyler apologist. spin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

freezing

Played it = NOISE!

Play it loud. In a dark room. At night. With the lights off. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Or I could just hit your ears till they bleed.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

freezing

Played it = NOISE!

Play it loud. In a dark room. At night. With the lights off. cool

BRILLIANT IDEA!!!!!

........if the score(s) were ALIEN, ALIENS, Hellraiser II, Poltergeist, The Fury, and a whole multitude of far FAR FAR better, vastly superior scores to AVPR.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Or I could just hit your ears till they bleed.

That'd be better for me than Tyler's noiseathon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Shadow of the Wolf - Maurice Jarre

Going through some of my favourites by Maurice today. This is most definitely one of them. And the funny thing is, I've never seen anyone else - not a single soul - pass any comment on it. Five stars!
  4. NP: Dragonball: Evolution - Brian Tyler

First listen. I'm finding this to be one of Tyler's lesser scores. Not too many Tyler-isms (something I like hearing in his scores.)

I may have to move on from this to Beltrami's Knowing.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2009
    Southall wrote

Going through some of my favourites by Maurice today. This is most definitely one of them. And the funny thing is, I've never seen anyone else - not a single soul - pass any comment on it. Five stars!

Well, it would help if I'd heard it or owned it.

What's it like James? Any comparisons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Dragonball: Evolution - Brian Tyler

First listen. I'm finding this to be one of Tyler's lesser scores. Not too many Tyler-isms (something I like hearing in his scores.)

I may have to move on from this to Beltrami's Knowing.

One of the things I like most about Dragonball is the sheer number of Tyler-isms I detected! I know there's the obvious Elfman reference, but it's nice to hear him sounding like himself again and not doing an impersonation of someone else.

I don't want to give the impression I think it's a masterpiece or anything... but with all the fuss which has been bestowed upon some of the junk he's written, I'm amazed people don't like this which (apart from the electronic crap in three tracks) I find consistently good in a way that none of his scores has been for a very long time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

Action/adventure. From the early 90s, I think. Three outstanding themes (Jarre adventure themes... what could be better?!) and an interesting blend of his 80s electronics (far more subtle than elsewhere) with the big orchestra.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

Action/adventure. From the early 90s, I think. Three outstanding themes (Jarre adventure themes... what could be better?!) and an interesting blend of his 80s electronics (far more subtle than elsewhere) with the big orchestra.

Thanks James. I've never been a big fan of Jarre and yet I've not been disappointed in any score of his I've bought. I will check this one out.
  5. Southall, I'd love to knwo a little more about "Sunshine".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. SHADOW OF THE WOLF also goes by the name AGAGUK, correct? If so, I'll have to get that one out and listen to it again.

One of my own Jarre favourites, available only as a suite on a Silva compilation, is THE FIXER.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am