• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2009
    Nautilus wrote

NP:Small Soldiers (Goldsmith)

na na naaaaaaaaaaaaaa na na naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

(addictive Don't you think? I )

Yes! An excellent theme. Enjoyable album, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:First Knight (Goldsmith)

The Epic realease is a must have.

Lancelot's fanfarre is orgasmic! (how they could leave this from the original realease...!!!!)

"Escape from Malgrant's cave" punk punk punk Oh this timpani!

When you say the Epic release I guess you are not referring to the Epic release, but the bootleg? A proper expanded version of this - sorting the wheat from the chaff in the unreleased material - would be fantastic. One of Goldsmith's very best later scores!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Yes, one of his better scores.

Christopher Young - The Uninvited

Great horror score, very good orchestrations, stunning, but simple theme. What else can we want?

A hot girl in my bed while angel and Demons is playing in my speakers.

biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2009 edited
    NP: Mulan (Academy Promo) - Jerry Goldsmith

Although not as good as Lion King, this is almost as loved by me as the former because it was the first Goldsmith score I ever listened to. An excellent one! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    DemonStar wrote

Although not as good as Lion King, this is almost as loved by me as the former because it was the first Goldsmith score I ever listened to. An excellent one! punk

OK, so this is the other 1990s Goldsmith score in dire need of expansion. The score selections on the official album are fine... but the full score is A-grade magnificence.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I love every single track on the promo smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: The Da Vinci Code - Hans Zimmer
    lick
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Bregt wrote
    I don't get it. Am I stupid?

No, but i'm an idiot tongue

There. A voluntary acknowledgment of truth.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:First Knight (Goldsmith)

The Epic realease is a must have.

Lancelot's fanfarre is orgasmic! (how they could leave this from the original realease...!!!!)

"Escape from Malgrant's cave" punk punk punk Oh this timpani!

When you say the Epic release I guess you are not referring to the Epic release, but the bootleg? A proper expanded version of this - sorting the wheat from the chaff in the unreleased material - would be fantastic. One of Goldsmith's very best later scores!

The 'boot' is fantastic, if an official release materialised I'd buy it in an instant - same goes for a deluxe treatment of Mulan.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Miya wrote
    lick

I hear that Angels & Demons is a darker version of DVC. Really excited!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Bourne Ultimatum (Powell)

a few times I have played this one. Time to make a re-listening.

I loved the devolopment and evolution from Identity to Supremacy. But Ultimatum always was too "grey" and "dense" to my taste.

Even if "waterloo" is one of my most played tracks. Some nice renditions with Horns from the original themes.
  1. DemonStar wrote
    Miya wrote
    lick

the movie looks darker, so the score should definitely be darker in return wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Southall wrote
    DemonStar wrote

OK, so this is the other 1990s Goldsmith score in dire need of expansion. The score selections on the official album are fine... but the full score is A-grade magnificence.

Hell yes... one of this best of the 90s. I could not imagine being without that promo. It makes a 5 star score even better. All of the 10 final cues are mindblowing. Love the promo.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DemonStar wrote
    Miya wrote
    lick

Where did you hear that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Knowing - Marco Beltrami

The best bits are good (though nothing we haven't heard from Beltrami before). The album's half an hour too long.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Knowing - Marco Beltrami

The best bits are good (though nothing we haven't heard from Beltrami before). The album's half an hour too long.

Oops! try to put with your own pencil "music by James Horner" or "by thomas newman" in the cover. biggrin it will works!

NP:Agend Cody Banks (Powell)

One of his earlier "masterpieces" !!!! I love this little motif wich reminds me to Henry Mancini.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote
    Knowing - Marco Beltrami

Oops! try to put with your own pencil "music by James Horner" or "by thomas newman" in the cover. biggrin it will works!

If only it were that simple to get great music.

Knowing isn't bad. It really drags in the middle, that's the problem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote
    Knowing - Marco Beltrami

If only it were that simple to get great music.

Knowing isn't bad. It really drags in the middle, that's the problem.

I know, If I'm with you. I agree with all what you said.

But I had to say the Horner and Newman thing tongue
  3. Southall wrote
    Knowing - Marco Beltrami

like most of Varese's releases recently

you got to love the irony, in the past we bitched on the fact the Varese releases were toooo short, now we bitch on the fact they're tooooo long, we are difficult people you know? wink
  4. Only you brudda are the difficult one. Who hates 3 hour movies? Exactly !!! dizzy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote
    Knowing - Marco Beltrami

you got to love the irony, in the past we bitched on the fact the Varese releases were toooo short, now we bitch on the fact they're tooooo long, we are difficult people you know? wink

Correct. But IMO, the longer the better. You can always make your own playlist. So everybody is happy: those who want as much music as possible, and those that can make it with half of it.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER - John Barry

cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote
    Knowing - Marco Beltrami

Correct. But IMO, the longer the better. You can always make your own playlist. So everybody is happy: those who want as much music as possible, and those that can make it with half of it.

Exactly... because to some those "boring middle bits" might be more interesting than the "big blockbuster cues!"

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. DreamTheater wrote
    Only you brudda are the difficult one. Who hates 3 hour movies? Exactly !!! dizzy

you should be working now brudda, but we know you aren't doing that

so a big BUSTED to you biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I was Playing:The Ring (Zimmer)

The 3 first tracks from the official realease, wich are pretty much the score from the first film.

The main theme is addictive, the soundscapes perfect (The beggining of the third track with the cello solo, wow!).

They seems the rests of Hannibal, but I enjoye more The Ring than hannibal for sure.

PS: I must be the only one who thinks the movie is far, far better than the Japanesse film.

NP:Signs (james Newton Howard)

What can I say?

Just it's one of my all time favourite scores ever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Hocus Pocus John Debney

A Debney comedy score that actually keeps my interest throughout. Great fun!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Marselus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote
    Knowing - Marco Beltrami

That's what an album producer should do. I can't be bothered, I'll just listen to an album that's been produced properly in the first place. The worst thing that ever happened to film music albums was the change in union rules that made it easy to release 70+ minute albums. Before, people actually had to think about what they put on the album, and could make an 80-minute score with 30 interesting minutes sound good. Now you get all 80 minutes. Brian Tyler would have seemed fantastic if he'd been around 10 years earlier.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin
    Kazoo
  6. Nautilus wrote
    PS: I must be the only one who thinks the movie is far, far better than the Japanesse film.

After having only recently seen the Hollywood remake I can see where people would prefer the remake. But, for me, the original is a far better film - in most respects.

The original is such a creepy film it just gets under your skin and just makes you feel so uncomfortable.

The remake is a good film as a separate film but it doesn't come close to the original...IMO.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I totally agree with James. People seem to underestimate this factor, but the general "release everything regardless of quality, proper album editing, without really bothering" notion is seriously hurting the enjoyment of things.