• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : ROMEO & JULIET - Nino Rota

One of the greatest romantic scores ever written with themes and melodies to die for, beautiful, just beautiful.

punk fireworks YES, IT IS! fireworks

One of my perennial favourites, and arguably one of the most powerful and emotional film scores in history.

I've "only" got the re-recording, and that's fucking SUUUUBLIME! (I'm guessing it's the best one to have if you've not seen the film and not bothered about hearing the OST? I can't imagine any other release being better than the one I've got.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2009
    CLIFF EIDELMAN - Harrison's flowers

One of my all-time most personal listening experiences. Such a touching score.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    CLIFF EIDELMAN - Harrison's flowers

One of my all-time most personal listening experiences. Such a touching score.

This is called "change the subject" tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    They're very nice indeed. I prefer I,Robot though wink

Good for you...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You prefer THE KNOWING over I,ROBOT?

JERRY GOLDSMITH - star trek: the motion picture

cool punk (to quote my friend Timmer)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote

Just make sure you play it loud. On a hi-fi. With the actual CD. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote

Funny... the discussion was about Knowing being the best of the year not which Beltrami score I prefer. And yes, I prefer I Robot over Knowing just like I prefer Scream, Hellboy, I Am Dina and others over Knowing but that doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Knowing is still an excellent, excellent score and is one of the best I've heard this year.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

That's what i am doing in fact shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

That's what i am doing in fact shocked

You bloody better be...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Actually, the best way to experience this score is on the actual recording stage with the orchestra performing it live and you standing on the conductors podium. Down with recordings!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Funny... the discussion was about Knowing being the best of the year not which Beltrami score I prefer. And yes, I prefer I Robot over Knowing just like I prefer Scream, Hellboy, I Am Dina and others over Knowing but that doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Knowing is still an excellent, excellent score and is one of the best I've heard this year.

-Erik-

It was just a question. I wasn't challenging you, i just wanted to know which one you preferred 'cause "good for you...." seemed to imply otherwise. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

-Erik-

It was just a question. I wasn't challenging you, i just wanted to know which one you preferred 'cause "good for you...." seemed to imply otherwise. wink

Good for you meant "what the hell does that have to do with anything we are talking about?"

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Actually, the best way to experience this score is on the actual recording stage with the orchestra performing it live and you standing on the conductors podium. Down with recordings!

-Erik-

When I get rich, I will hire the LSO to perform the entire score for me. And I will only invite one person from here... but WHOM!??? Whom shall I invite?

I like beer by the way. Beer and hookers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

-Erik-

Not always. Depends on the sound properties of the cd hall they're performing in, the orchestra, the conductor, the position you're sitting at and the neighboring audience. biggrin tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

-Erik-

When I get rich, I will hire the LSO to perform the entire score for me. And I will only invite one person from here... but WHOM!??? Whom shall I invite?

Damn... that counts me out. I LOVE beer but hookers are filthy animals.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

-Erik-

-Erik-

Lucky Martijn then; or Timmer cheesy tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

Hmm, perhaps I should have said companions?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

-Erik-

Look no further cool Though you can have ALL the "ladies" for yourself, I'm taken.

Oh, and make sure the LSO are augmented by the 'blaster beam' punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : ROMEO & JULIET - Nino Rota

One of the greatest romantic scores ever written with themes and melodies to die for, beautiful, just beautiful.

punk fireworks YES, IT IS! fireworks

One of my perennial favourites, and arguably one of the most powerful and emotional film scores in history.

I've "only" got the re-recording, and that's fucking SUUUUBLIME! (I'm guessing it's the best one to have if you've not seen the film and not bothered about hearing the OST? I can't imagine any other release being better than the one I've got.)

It is the best one available. The original is peppered with dialogue slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Godzilla (Arnold)

POmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Arggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!

Ñam ñam

( I think the sound recording is superb, I don't know why some reviewers says it's just "ok")
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote

( I think the sound recording is superb, I don't know why some reviewers says it's just "ok")

Which reviewers? They might have been listening to the score through laptop speakers. wink

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Which reviewers? They might have been listening to the score through laptop speakers. wink

-Erik-

I am sure Koko will be very interested to hear about your rapid change of views on the subject matter. Any good youtube music you want to tell us about whilst we are at it? tongue moon
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

-Erik-

I am sure Koko will be very interested to hear about your rapid change of views on the subject matter. Any good youtube music you want to tell us about whilst we are at it? tongue moon

Look! a 3 head monkey!!!!

Sometimes I'm lost in transltations....Who is Koko and Why he is interested to hear a change of view on the subject??? dizzy

(reviewer? the one who I can't say the name)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am not alone. Whilst on the KNOWING, i think it's you and Marcel wink smile

Read the other boards, my friend! A lot of people are singing KNOWING'S praises! Listen to it again. You are harping far too much on the lighter cues and missing the boat on the others. The last 5 scores beat the crap out of ANYTHING composed this year so far! And "Door Jam" and "New York" are some of the most impressive cues I've heard in a long time!

-Erik-

Pity they managed to produce such a dull album from some decent source material. sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Until September - John Barry

My second copy of this has now arrived, and it's great! Substantially better than the first copy, in fact - the CD was in four pieces. Thanks to SAE for replacing it even though it was not their fault it was damaged!
  1. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

My second copy of this has now arrived, and it's great! Substantially better than the first copy, in fact - the CD was in four pieces. Thanks to SAE for replacing it even though it was not their fault it was damaged!

The last CD was physically in four pieces!??

Maybe Barbara Streisand packed it for you? cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

The last CD was physically in four pieces!??

Yes indeed! In all my years of ordering CDs from the internet, this was the first time that had happened.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Maybe Barbara Streisand packed it for you? cheesy

Had it been in five easy pieces, then the finger of blame would have been pointing squarely towards Jack Nicholson.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Summon The Heroes John Williams & Various

One of my favourite things in life. No exaggeration.