• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2009
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Knowing (Beltrami)

A lot of Beltramierisms, but I enjoy it more than other of his scores.

This scores include some new ideas in Beltrami's usual list of tricks, but what I specially enjoy are Goldenthal moments in the last tracks.

"new York" is really, really Impressive! punk punk

Lots of underscore....very, very dragging. Few good tracks.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    First played: Face/Off (John Powell)

This is basically one of the only Powells I can enjoy. Call me old-fashioned but I'm not into Powell's style at all. Except for his animated co-compositions. And this early one is so etched into Hans Zimmer's style of composing I can't help but enjoy it, it also contains one of my favourite ending themes. I just love how the (brilliant) film ends on that very positive note.

Interesting. Face Off is one of the few Powells I don't enjoy, simply because it sounds so MV-ish and synthy.

It's unbearable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    NP: Dragonball Evolution - Brian Tyler

Shockingly generic but quite enjoyable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Jim Ware wrote
    NP: Dragonball Evolution - Brian Tyler

Shockingly generic but quite enjoyable.

Quite spot-on!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: The Tower - Christopher Young

Subtle, emotive and intelligent scoring - well worth checking out.

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I Want to be a Shellfish - Joe Hisaishi

This is a stunner. How ironic that the only full-on Hollywood-style orchestral score I've heard from a 2008 film comes from Japan.
  1. Southall wrote

This is a stunner. How ironic that the only full-on Hollywood-style orchestral score I've heard from a 2008 film comes from Japan.

It is a stunner. Apparently a slightly more idiomatic translation of the title is 'I'd Rather Be a Shellfish'.

NP: Rescue Dawn (Badelt)

Hovers in those intervals and keys that Angelo Badalamenti loves. Actually a beautiful score, I've underrated it. It's simple, but appropriate.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  2. LSH wrote
    NP: The Tower - Christopher Young

Subtle, emotive and intelligent scoring - well worth checking out.

smile

Probably my favourite Christopher Young score you have there. punk
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2009 edited
    Southall wrote

I want. sad

NP: The Lion K..... wink
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  3. bunny
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DreamTheater wrote

This is basically one of the only Powells I can enjoy. Call me old-fashioned but I'm not into Powell's style at all. Except for his animated co-compositions. And this early one is so etched into Hans Zimmer's style of composing I can't help but enjoy it, it also contains one of my favourite ending themes. I just love how the (brilliant) film ends on that very positive note.

That is the strangest post I've read for quite some time! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: The Da Vinci Code - Hans Zimmer

One of his best scores ever. That Chevaliers De Sangreal inspired snippet in the first Angels & Demons trailer was tempting... lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    PawelStroinski wrote
    bunny

bunny

By the way, the "Expanded Score" album I'm listening right now contains 16 tracks, including some mono tracks, but no slowed down track. Even though some tracks sound flat, it's the most listenable TLK bootleg leaking around, I believe.

And I have a question to people who have the same album... is there a "glitch" in the middle of Stampede (film version) track (1:14)? It isn't on the official album, nor on the DVD. Is it only my mp3 file problem? (I downloaded several times but it's all the same...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    There are glitches in a lot of tracks on the bootleg, also the Remember Who You Are track (right after the portion where Mufasa's Ghost disappears and Rafiki talks to SImba).

Miya is this the "Deluxe Edition" thing floating around? I have it too, it's the sped up version of the boot with the mono tracks weeded out and only stereo tracks (and the movie songs) included, and yeah it's the most listenable version right now. The Stampede track in my version is the ...To Die For track from the regular album, not the mono film version. That one does have a glitch at one point, I remember. Although the quality is so horrid I probably didn't notice it first wink tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    This is the tracklist of my version BTW -

01 - Circle Of Life (Song)
    02 - The Once And Future King
    03 - Plotting - Simba And Nala
    04 - I Can't Wait To Be King (Song)
    05 - Elephant Graveyard
    06 - Kings Of The Past
    07 - Hyenas
    08 - Be Prepared (Song)
    09 - Stampede (the OST "...To Die For" track)
    10 - Hakuna Matata (Song)
    11 - Under The Stars
    12 - Can You Feel The Love Tonight (Song)
    13 - Remember
    14 - This Is My Home
    15 - Battle and King Of Pride Rock
    16 - End Credits

Basically the mono tracks are taken out, stereo ones remastered (although they still sound flat) and songs and the album To Die For track added. Best we have for now smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    DemonStar wrote
    There are glitches in a lot of tracks on the bootleg, also the Remember Who You Are track (right after the portion where Mufasa's Ghost disappears and Rafiki talks to SImba).

*now listening* oh yeah it does. I haven't played this part on bootleg so often, because that cue (except the first part Rafiki's "Look down there...") is on the official track This Land in better quality.

Miya is this the "Deluxe Edition" thing floating around? I have it too, it's the sped up version of the boot with the mono tracks weeded out and only stereo tracks (and the movie songs) included, and yeah it's the most listenable version right now. The Stampede track in my version is the ...To Die For track from the regular album, not the mono film version. That one does have a glitch at one point, I remember. Although the quality is so horrid I probably didn't notice it first wink tongue

No it's not "Deluxe Edition". I don't know what it's called. It just say "The Lion King Score". I got it from... ahem, please wait for PM wink

FYI its tracklist is:
    1. Life Isn't Fair, Is It?
    2. The Once and Future King
    3. Plotting
    4. The Elephant Graveyard
    5. Kings of the Past
    6. Setting the Trap
    7. ...To Die For (alternate)
    8. Stampede (film version)
    9. What Have You Done?/Run Away
    10. A New Era/Bowling for Buzzards
    11. On Our Side/Simba Awakens
    12. Under the Stars/Simba Alive
    13. Hunting/Pinned Again/Reunion
    14. An Argument/You're Mufasa's Boy/Remember
    15. This Is My Home
    16. The Return/Battle of Pride Rock/Cleansing Rain/The Ascension/End Credits
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Ah I see. IMO the mono Stampede track on the bootleg is bad enough without glitches tongue so I usually don't listen to it, instead I listen to the regular album track even though it's short. Now checking...

Yes, it does have a faint (but audible) pop at the 1:14 mark!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Ratatouille - Michael Giacchino

One of my most favourite scores of 2007. I am interested what he does in Up. The music in the preview clips sounded interesting..
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DemonStar wrote

One of my most favourite scores of 2007. I am interested what he does in Up. The music in the preview clips sounded interesting..

It's my favourite Giacchino score. Charms the pants off me each time (try and visualise that).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Steven wrote
    Charms the pants off me each time (try and visualise that).

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    DemonStar wrote

It's my favourite Giacchino score. Charms the pants off me each time (try and visualise that).

Me too. I think it's his best. Absolutely wonderful!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Pixar is to him like Shyamalan is to JNH, IMO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I think he's too good in his non-Pixar stuff for me to be comfortable with that analogy.
  4. NP: Moliere - Frederic Talgorn

This is such a beautiful score from a truly underrated composer. Lovely Sunday afternoon listening!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Steven wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

That is the strangest post I've read for quite some time! dizzy

Glad to be the oddball around here for once. cool

Predator (Alan Silvestri)

When it comes to pounding action set in a jungle, Silvestri really showed what he was capable of, with that trademark sound he uses in every action cue since. And he nails the jungle atmosphere so well in the more suspense-filled tracks. I love his style of writing, and to see this score get a proper release after many years was a blessing.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    DemonStar wrote

No thanks!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    DemonStar wrote

No thanks!

Visualise it!
    VISUALISE IT!
    VISUALISE IT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Visualise it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    DemonStar wrote

No thanks!

Visualise it!
    VISUALISE IT!
    VISUALISE IT!

Gemma Arterton pant-less and everything else less??? I'm a visualising brother....I tells ya, I'm a VISUALISING!!! lick

NP : HONEY, I SHRUNK THE KIDS - James Horner

Loving this punk cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

Gemma Arterton pant-less and everything else less??? I'm a visualising brother....I tells ya, I'm a VISUALISING!!! lick

Hell. Yes.