• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2009 edited
    Oh, she DID, didn't she?
    Excellent!!! applause

Incidentally, D., the hunour wasn't swearing-induced: it's the fact that Kate plays such a coarse character as herself (wonderfully juxtaposed by the nun role). I loved it. One of the better episodes.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2009 edited
    Well, there was a LOT of excessive swearing and whining in that vid; a turn off for me, in general, especially when it comes from women.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2009
    I thought it was funny in context. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I thought it was funny in context. sad

I don't think D gets it? And that's fair enough as having seen the whole series gives a better view of where the series is at.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Fair enuff. smile
    And to be honest, not unlike The Office it IS an acquired taste (though personally I found Extras to be more general-public-friendly).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Fair enuff. smile
    And to be honest, not unlike The Office it IS an acquired taste (though personally I found Extras to be more general-public-friendly).

p.s. Kate can talk dirty to me anytime cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Fair enuff. smile

And that´s the second quote of the week in less than 10 minutes biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Fair enuff. smile

Well, have you asked her if she WANTS to ? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, there was a LOT of excessive swearing and whining in that vid; a turn off for me, in general, especially when it comes from women.

Gervais never does gratuity without a reason, so it's more than just 'excessive swearing' for the sake of swearing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Gervais never does gratuity without a reason, so it's more than just 'excessive swearing' for the sake of swearing.

Fair enough; I admit i haven't got experience on the said show and the man. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    He's similiar to Seth McFarlene in some ways. The humour may seem offensive if you take it at face value, but there's usually an underlying point being made. I really like Gervais, I think he's hilarious... but I can understand he's not for everyone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2009
    I wrote
    The humour may seem offensive if you take it at face value, but there's usually an underlying point being made.

Which, by the way, is something I strive for. I may fail most of the time, but I strive for it nonetheless.
  1. Steven wrote
    I wrote
    The humour may seem offensive if you take it at face value, but there's usually an underlying point being made.

Which, by the way, is something I strive for. I may fail most of the time, but I strive for it nonetheless.

That post reminds me of the rage I caused by posting about legalising compulsary euthanasia for Hollywood composers who have gone out of style back in the old scorereviews.com/forum days. Something about the idea of getting rid of Goldsmith, Bernstein, Barry and several others in one fell swoop failed to appeal. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The Dunwich Horror starring Sandra Dee of all people. La La Land recently released the score thus the watch.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    About halfway through Firefly.

WHY the HELL was there only one season produced?
    (well, I know, actually. The network pulled an "American Gothic", and broadcast the series out of sequence and in different time slots, effectively alienating a potential fan base, which -incidentally- was very much there, witness the series' success in syndication!)

This western-scifi series provides a great and exciting setting for adventures as a not too compunctuous captain of a tramp freighter and his interesting mix of a crew (including a sort of "geisha girl", a lobotomized genius psycho girl and an untrustworthy mercenary) runs cargo and shady activities all across the Galaxy (which is run by the Evil Empi...errr...Alliance).

Basically it's best described as The Han Solo Adventures...minus the Star Wars cast.
    It works like a charm! Each episode feels completely fresh, helped immensely by a very likable set of leads. The acting is WAY above par for a series, but the characters are very well written and defined and the script is just excellent, injecting and mixing the right set of callousness, lack of stereotypical dramatic reactions (there are quite a few "Indiana Jones vs. Mad Arab With Big Sword" moments in there) and sense of humour.

Greg Edmondson's score is very much in a western vein, but overall it's not very memorable. It serves the series well, though!

Why this truly excellent Whedon project failed while we are treated to about 96 seasons of boring busty blondes working her way through vampires and demons with as ironic an attitude as Generation X could absorb is beyond me. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Welcome to the Firefly Appreciation Club! beer

(Not a big fan of Edmondson's score though, it felt very 'cheap' in places... a show like Firefly would have benefited so much from better music.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Music?
    Sorry...I generally get too distracted by Morena Baccarin to actually notice... love
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Music?
    Sorry...I generally get too distracted by Morena Baccarin to actually notice... love

She is stunning... and what's more, we finally agree on a woman's attractiveness!
    I know, I'm as shocked as you are. I feel... weird.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Music?

She is stunning... and what's more, we finally agree on a woman's attractiveness!
    I know, I'm as shocked as you are. I feel... weird.

She is stunning indeed. love
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris, I and Martijn agree on the same woman!? This is a conspiracy... it's the only explanation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Something definitely wrong here indeed but i can't do any different, there's no way i could ever resist to Eastern-looking Brunette beauty!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Eastern-looking!

WAY better: Brazilian-Italian mix!
    And that explains the appeal: it IS universal! It is impossible NOT to find her beautiful.
    FACT! (to borrow a phrase)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed, an exotic mix.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Quite so. She does indeed make one's balls ache.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Quite so. She does indeed make one's balls ache.

shocked Excuse me for a minute or two
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No NO NO NO NO NO NO!

I have just watched the episode where Jayne says "Excuse me. I'll be in my bunk." when Inara meets her client. The mental echoes are too much for me to handle!
  2. Martijn wrote
    About halfway through Firefly.

WHY the HELL was there only one season produced?
    (well, I know, actually. The network pulled an "American Gothic", and broadcast the series out of sequence and in different time slots, effectively alienating a potential fan base, which -incidentally- was very much there, witness the series' success in syndication!)

This western-scifi series provides a great and exciting setting for adventures as a not too compunctuous captain of a tramp freighter and his interesting mix of a crew (including a sort of "geisha girl", a lobotomized genius psycho girl and an untrustworthy mercenary) runs cargo and shady activities all across the Galaxy (which is run by the Evil Empi...errr...Alliance).

Basically it's best described as The Han Solo Adventures...minus the Star Wars cast.
    It works like a charm! Each episode feels completely fresh, helped immensely by a very likable set of leads. The acting is WAY above par for a series, but the characters are very well written and defined and the script is just excellent, injecting and mixing the right set of callousness, lack of stereotypical dramatic reactions (there are quite a few "Indiana Jones vs. Mad Arab With Big Sword" moments in there) and sense of humour.

Greg Edmondson's score is very much in a western vein, but overall it's not very memorable. It serves the series well, though!

Why this truly excellent Whedon project failed while we are treated to about 96 seasons of boring busty blondes working her way through vampires and demons with as ironic an attitude as Generation X could absorb is beyond me. slant

I would love to see it as well
    it is sad it was cancelled, but at least it received one final showdown with one kick ass movie punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2009
    I'm beginning to think that Lovecraft just doesn't translate to the screen very well at all.
    listen to more classical music!
  3. sdtom wrote
    I'm beginning to think that Lovecraft just doesn't translate to the screen very well at all.

I've not seen The Dunwich Horror, Tom. And I have not intention of watching it - the recent CD release will do.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2009
    THE DARK

Interesting horror movie, gripping and dark atmosphere, quite genuine and atmospheric / avant-garde in places. EXCELLENT SCORE! punk

THE UNINVITED

The exact opposite; a long, boring parade of cliches to the point it gets ridiculous. The ending saves the whole a bit...but it's very tiring when you see the same ol' ghost model over and over again....as for the Christopher Young score: although large portions from the perfect CD listening experience are absent, still the score ROCKS! punk