• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Terminator 3 [/b]was a step up story-wise (loved the ending!), the antagonist simply wasn't very scary. In fact she wasn't scary at all.

Loved the ending too! Probably it´s only the two of us though.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. Marselus wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Terminator 3 [/b]was a step up story-wise (loved the ending!), the antagonist simply wasn't very scary. In fact she wasn't scary at all.

I like it as well, but not to the brink of telling it is better than the second
    after all, the dialogue alone in T2 (even the ending) is what you never find in T3
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Martijn wrote

I like it as well, but not to the brink of telling it is better than the second
    after all, the dialogue alone in T2 (even the ending) is what you never find in T3

Ok, we are three then wink

Seriously, I found the ending quite brilliant, I mean it had to happen and it happened, no matter how hard they tried to stop it. The shot of the nukes all over the world is great and scored by Beltrami with one of his trademarked dramatic finales.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Srsly, any new TERMINATOR movie that DOESN'T have Arnold Douchenpecker in, is easily fine by me wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I repeat:

Martijn wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    I don't think I will enjoy it though. It doesn't have Arnie.

Possible Response:
    Yes/No.
    Or What?
    Go Away
    Please Come Back Later
    Fuck you, Asshole
    Fuck you
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I repeat:

Martijn wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    I don't think I will enjoy it though. It doesn't have Arnie.

Possible Response:
    Yes/No.
    Or What?
    Go Away
    Please Come Back Later
    Fuck you, Asshole
    Fuck you

Some people just FAIL!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    RV: Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Just saw this for the first time... and I honestly didn't like it. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    William wrote

Fair enough. What about the music? The end piece is the obvious highlight, and one of John Williams' best scores (then again, so were a lot of his score during that period).

Of course, if you don't like it, we're gonna have to ban you. wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    William wrote

Fair enough. What about the music? The end piece is the obvious highlight, and one of John Williams' best scores (then again, so were a lot of his score during that period).

Of course, if you don't like it, we're gonna have to ban you. wink biggrin

No, the end music was by far the highlight of the film. The integration of the five-note alien communication theme into the orchestra as the main theme was excellent, to say the least. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    <pauses for a moment of reflection>

Good, good. You can stay.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Srsly, any new TERMINATOR movie that DOESN'T have Arnold Douchenpecker in, is easily fine by me wink

I think a lot of Terminator fans would trade Bale gladly for having Arnie back on Terminator, believe you me
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I love Arnold, I always enjoy watching an Arnold movie no matter how bad it may be... but he's way too old to play a terminator these days.
  3. Steven wrote
    I love Arnold, I always enjoy watching an Arnold movie no matter how bad it may be... but he's way too old to play a terminator these days.

perhaps, but so was Harrison for Indiana four, and the magic of that movie was, seeing him back with the whip

you can't beat nostalgia
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote

perhaps, but so was Harrison for Indiana four, and the magic of that movie was, seeing him back with the whip

you can't beat nostalgia

True, but then Indy ages. A T-101 doesn't. So it just wouldn't work being as old as he is... unless he was a terminator that aged. But that's just stupid.
  4. Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote

you can't beat nostalgia

True, but then Indy ages. A T-101 doesn't. So it just wouldn't work being as old as he is... unless he was a terminator that aged. But that's just stupid.

that's accurately put, never thought that far ahead
    it's just the feeling of having a Terminator movie without Arnie shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    <pauses for a moment of reflection>

Good, good. You can stay.

cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote

you can't beat nostalgia

What exactly did T-101 stand for?

In T1 the model is a T-800, in T3 he's a T-850.

*sigh*

Someone who REALLY knows what they're talking about please.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    What is the T-101?
    In the second film it was the T-800 vs the T-1000.
  5. omaha wrote
    What is the T-101?

that's apparently the new model in the upcoming movie

I have no idea about these numbers, perhaps it are the numerous versions made, like in BG
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote

you can't beat nostalgia

What exactly did T-101 stand for?

In T1 the model is a T-800, in T3 he's a T-850.

*sigh*

Someone who REALLY knows what they're talking about please.

^
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    omaha wrote
    What is the T-101?

that's apparently the new model in the upcoming movie

I have no idea about these numbers, perhaps it are the numerous versions made, like in BG

oh... yeah.
    I've actually scene the movie. haha
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    When does it come out over seas?
    Or has it?
  6. omaha wrote
    When does it come out over seas?
    Or has it?

next week in Belgium
    Will rent it later on, our cinema system is good enough too smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    ^

Kyle Reese in The Terminator as well as Schwarzenegger's Terminator character in Terminator 2 refer to The Terminator as a Cyberdyne Systems Model 101.

In Terminator 3, the Terminator refers to itself as a T-101 (maybe an abbreviation of its model number).

However, other sources contradict this designation.
    In the Terminator 2 Extreme Edition DVD, and the Terminator 2 video game for the Sega Genesis he is referred to as an 800 series and a T-800
    The Terminator 3 extras refer to him as an "850 series Model 101", a "T-850", and a "T-101".

dizzy
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  7. Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    ^

Kyle Reese in The Terminator as well as Schwarzenegger's Terminator character in Terminator 2 refer to The Terminator as a Cyberdyne Systems Model 101.

In Terminator 3, the Terminator refers to itself as a T-101 (maybe an abbreviation of its model number).

In the Terminator 2 Extreme Edition DVD, and the Terminator 2 video game for the Sega Genesis he is referred to as an 800 series and a T-800
    The Terminator 3 extras refer to him as an "850 series Model 101", a "T-850", and a "T-101".

dizzy

thanks for clearing that out for us Martijn punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    ^

dizzy

Rrrrrrrriiiiight!? dizzy

We're getting there. wink
  8. The Secret of Moonacre
    From the person who did the beloved Bridge to Terabithia

not as good as Terabithia but still enchanting, and actually a lot better than The Golden Compass (considering the sweet Dakota Blue Richards is starring in it as well)

Story's as predictable as what, but there's good and loveable humour, very very nice special effects and at least characters you care for. Plus the music is very good too, but that I already knew smile

7 out of 10
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm about to (finally) watch T2 for the first time...see you in a couple of hours. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    I'm about to (finally) watch T2 for the first time...see you in a couple of hours. cool

Whack the volume up! punk
  9. First time? Boy I envy you. My first time was back in '91.

Is that the blu-ray you're watching? If so put that sucker up loud. The audio track is mindblowing!!!! smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.