• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2009
    Erik, by ACTION i am not necessarily implying car chases and gun fights. Action lies within the pace and intensity of the drama as it unfolds. ANGELS AND DEMONS had plenty of it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Actually, Angels and Demons was a pleasant surprise for me. It was moving with a fast pace, there were even some funny moments here or there and it was kind of balanced in picturing science and religion. And I agree, Zimmer's music perfectly fit the visuals.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik, by ACTION i am not necessarily implying car chases and gun fights. Action lies within the pace and intensity of the drama as it unfolds. ANGELS AND DEMONS had plenty of it.

Well, what you described was not BIG Hollywood action. BIG Hollywood action is Transformers.

I agree thought that the pace of the film was much better than Da Vinci Code but most of the time the "action" seemed forced.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well; not necessarily. Big teenage-aimed, turn-your-mind-off hollywood action is what you described. ANGELS AND DEMONS bears some of the qualities of the older generation of films, before films of the Transformers' kind emerged.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well; not necessarily. Big teenage-aimed, turn-your-mind-off hollywood action is what you described. ANGELS AND DEMONS bears some of the qualities of the older generation of films, before films of the Transformers' kind emerged.

What a shame films of The Transformers "kind" ever emerged! rolleyes

Actually, I take that back. What a shame films of The Transformers kind emerged without anyone paying for a decent storyline and script!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Christodoulides wrote
    DOUBT

A heavy and long cinematic journey based on an extremely simple and sadly not challenging storyline that - other than the fine performances by the two leads, has nothing else to offer than deep, long yawns and a very uninspired and uninvolved musical score.

Hey! I really liked Doubt. It doesn't betray its stage antecedents. Why should every storyline have to be challenging? This was all about a growing resentment culminating in an intense exchange.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Or, a Zzz-rathon. Just saying wink cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    The Kite Runner

Wonderful little film. The highlight for me was the performance of the kid who plays Hassan (Ahmad Khan Mahmoodzada). So much he conveys with his eyes and expressions... the rest of the cast pales in comparison.
    A lot of picturesque locations thoughout but apparently many of them were shot in China and passed off as Afghanistan. A fine score by Alberto Iglesias. I should open my cd.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    BhelPuri wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    DOUBT

A heavy and long cinematic journey based on an extremely simple and sadly not challenging storyline that - other than the fine performances by the two leads, has nothing else to offer than deep, long yawns and a very uninspired and uninvolved musical score.

Hey! I really liked Doubt. It doesn't betray its stage antecedents. Why should every storyline have to be challenging? This was all about a growing resentment culminating in an intense exchange.

I liked Doubt too. For me it was an intense human drama with great conflicting characters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote

Right... but again, what you were describing in your original review was BIG Hollywood action which to me means Summer Blockbuster type BIG Hollywood action - Indy, The Rock, Mission Impossible, Star Trek, etc. Lots of shit blowing up, big budget, etc. Angels and Demons isn't BIG Hollywood action.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Lots of shit blowing up

Thank you. That's all that Summer movies should be. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, i never mentioned the word "summer" in my summary of the movie. And it's not quite Summer yet wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, i never mentioned the word "summer" in my summary of the movie. And it's not quite Summer yet wink

It certainly AIN'T summer here.....it just keeps raining on and off.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Same here. Inter-switching with 30oC hot-ass SUN over our head! Talking about tropical climate in the...Mediterranean!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Exactly. So it pretty much is summer for us.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Exactly. So it pretty much is summer for us.

It's still springtime, considering we seem to have had a "normal" flow to the seasons ( freezing winter, April showers etc ) I hope we finally get a proper summer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    In that case, here's to Global Warming™! beer

I think I'm gonna go for a drive while I leave the gas hobs on and all my electrical appliances at full power...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    YOU MEAN YOU DON'T DRIVE A...a.....PRIUS yet!?!? OR A HYBRID HONDA CIVIC you Hypocrite earth-destroying scam!?!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nope. My Dad does. But then he also drives a pick-up truck and a V8 Land Cruiser.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Seeing those 2 awesome cars, I am almost ready to forgive him for also driving around in that monstrosity. I mean yeah, sure i will be ready at some point of my life to pay 20+ K euros for a nature-friendly car, once companies stop making them looking like huge penises.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Seeing those 2 awesome cars, I am almost ready to forgive him for also driving around in that monstrosity. I mean yeah, sure i will be ready at some point of my life to pay 20+ K euros for a nature-friendly car, once companies stop making them looking like huge penises.

He got it because it's cheap on fuel and doesn't have to pay congestion charge in London. The pick-up truck and the V8 he got because, well, they're awesome. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote

Summer movies season begins in May...

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

He got it because it's cheap on fuel and doesn't have to pay congestion charge in London. The pick-up truck and the V8 he got because, well, they're awesome. biggrin

Yeap, awesome indeed! Does he let you drive them?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Summer movies season begins in May...

-Erik-

:sigh:

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Yeap, awesome indeed! Does he let you drive them?

No. Insurance would be through the roof to insure me on any of them! (Or, so he says. He has two businesses, and the Hilux is technically listed as a 'staff car' on the insurance... and I'm part of the staff! Pfft.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah; yeah. Believe me, i got my 1st insurance now for my first car and your dad is SO not fooling you. Insurance companies are PURE EVIL Fucks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ah; yeah. Believe me, i got my 1st insurance now for my first car and your dad is SO not fooling you. Insurance companies are PURE EVIL Fucks!

Indeed, I paid 900 € for my first insurance back in 2003. Fortunately now is less than the half!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    For a year?

I paid 500 euros for a year for a 2002 seat ibiza, 1400cc, 101ps, 3door. ARE THEY SERIOUS? Imagine what i would pay if i got my some 1800cc 200ps new car!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    For a year?

I paid 500 euros for a year for a 2002 seat ibiza, 1400cc, 101ps, 3door. ARE THEY SERIOUS? Imagine what i would pay if i got my some 1800cc 200ps new car!

Yeah, a year. For a Seat Ibiza 1900 TDI 100ps, 3 door. Now I pay 440€. Still, thieves.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2009
    RV: Cloverfield

Not what I was expecting... but still an amazing film, in the way that the moviemakers managed to pull it off looking like a homemade video.