• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2009
    That was my fear D, but I totally agree with Thomas; really enjoyable and fun, Hathaway is HOT and Rabin helps with his score. Oh, and Dwayne Johnson, showing (again) his charisma and that he is in another league of the likes of Vin Di vomit es vomit el vomit .
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2009 edited
    Actually I'm more a fan of Vin Di punk es punk el punk

wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    DreamTheater wrote
    Actually I'm more a fan of Vin Di punk es punk el punk

wink

Nooooooooo! kill Vin
  1. I HOPE YOU'RE NOT AFRAID OF THE DARK.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's only dark when Vin Diesel takes a piss on the sun. cool
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2009
    fan.of.vin.diesel???? FOR REAL!?..

Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Marselus wrote
    That was my fear D, but I totally agree with Thomas; really enjoyable and fun, Hathaway is HOT and Rabin helps with his score. Oh, and Dwayne Johnson, showing (again) his charisma and that he is in another league of the likes of Vin Di vomit es vomit el vomit .

Yep Hathaway is definitely HOT kiss

But Carell has never annoyed me, and definitely not here
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Revolutionary Road

Watched it last night in the cinema. I was less than impressed. Di Caprio and Winslet were good in the roles but they played two very unsymphatetic characters I just couldn't get to like or really care for. The whole movie was kind of theatrical and Thomas Newman's music sort of annoyed me (repetitive and insignificant). As a whole it was a deeply depressive experience.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    keky wrote
    Revolutionary Road

Watched it last night in the cinema. I was less than impressed. Di Caprio and Winslet were good in the roles but they played two very unsymphatetic characters I just couldn't get to like or really care for. The whole movie was kind of theatrical and Thomas Newman's music sort of annoyed me (repetitive and insignificant). As a whole it was a deeply depressive experience.

A big NOT then wink Thank God i didn't watch it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    12 Rounds

I can´t believe, and it´s actually sad, that the guy that made Die Hard 2, Cliffhanger, Cutthroat Island and even Deep Blue Sea has gone so deep into crap. What a terrible, terrible movie. Not that Trevor Rabin´s score helps btw.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine

A very entertaining film. Nothing quite as stylish as the Singer films, but certainly better than the last X-Men film. And Hugh Jackman was on top form as ever. cool

The score? Jesus. The score. I remain unequivocally unimpressed by Harry Gregson-Williams. In fact, it was extremely distracting and misplaced in a few scenes, with his 'trademark' MV-style and electronic wallpaper scoring. Boring, boring, boring.

I'm gonna go listen to X-Men III....
  3. Steven wrote

A very entertaining film. Nothing quite as stylish as the Singer films, but certainly better than the last X-Men film. And Hugh Jackman was on top form as ever. cool

The score? Jesus. The score. I remain unequivocally unimpressed by Harry Gregson-Williams. In fact, it was extremely distracting and misplaced in a few scenes, with his 'trademark' MV-style and electronic wallpaper scoring. Boring, boring, boring.

the movie does indeed sound good. I think I'll like the many slow motion scenes smile

The score on the other hand sounds like a stinker confused
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2009
    Steven wrote

You went to see another superhero film!? dizzy biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

You went to see another superhero film!? dizzy biggrin

Orange Wednesdays.
    Plus, I like X-Men.
    Plus, I like Hugh Jackman.
    Plus, I like going to the cinema with friends.
    Plus, It probably had the best story of any of the X-Men films so far.
    (But the worst score. Thank you Harry Gregson-Williams! slant )

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I'll say John Ottman's score is actually better than this thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I've always liked John Ottman's score quite a lot. I've actually really enjoyed all the X-Men scores.... until now.
  4. Steven wrote
    I've always liked John Ottman's score quite a lot. I've actually really enjoyed all the X-Men scores.... until now.

yep, I like it too
    X-Men 2 is the best of all X-Men movies and I include the score as a part of the appreciation I have for this movie

Man, Singer should have directed X-Men 3 as well angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I didn't like any of 'em very much as more than just rather mediocre superhero fare.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I just turned down the chance to see Wolverine tonight. Was this a good idea?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Hathaway is HOT

Yes! Welcome to the non-mousey haters club! beer
  5. Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Hathaway is HOT

Yes! Welcome to the non-mousey haters club! beer

non mousey?
    am I missing something?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    She has a mousey face.
  6. Steven wrote
    She has a mousey face.

a mousey face? confused
    never heard that before, anyway to me she's a smoking hot gall and dreaming of her is the closest I'm going to get to her

oh I love brunettes kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2009
    I watched both Bolt and Kung Fu Panda today. Both were great and fun to watch, but I liked KFP better.

SPOILERS!!

Bolt had a nice storyline and the character development was very good though there was space for improvement. I liked the pairing of Bolt/Mittens, and Rhino was hilarious! But overall I thought the central theme (Bolt coming to realize he's not a superhero and is a normal dog) is quite similar to that in the Toy Story movies where [spoiler]Buzz Lightyear has to understand that he's just a toy and not a space ranger[/spoiler]. But that doesn't mean it was boring, it was fun to watch till the end. Kudos to John Powell, the score in the movie was fantastic. I mainly concentrated on the action tracks on CD but it's surprising how good the emotional tracks are in the movie. Five stars! Four stars for the movie.

I liked KFP even better. Not only were the relationships between the characters (Po and Shifu, Po and Mr. Ming and even Shifu and Tai Lung) excellently shown, the comic material was fantastic and I was ROFL at scenes like Po's first training scene and where he tries to get into the tournament area. The action scenes were superbly animated and a treat to watch, even the anime-style opening was fantastic. The music sounded superb - I got goosebumps during the Oogway Ascends scene. The music for scenes like Tai Lung's Escape, Sacred Pool of Tears, Po's training, the battle on the bridge and between Shifu/Tai Lung and when the valley is being evacuated (I think this one is unreleased) really added to the visuals. Four and a half out of five for both movie & score!
  7. biggrin

I had to laugh at the spoiler alert for Bolt and Kung Fu Panda!

As if it really matters! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Some people are really touchy about spoilers and so I'm careful for not upsetting anyone! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    THE MAN WHO COULD CHEAT DEATH. Starring Anton Diffring, Christopher Lee, and Hazel Court the Hammer production directed by Terence Fisher was more than I expected. The story was a spin on the Oscar Wilde "Picture of Dorian Gray" but all in all worth a watch.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    biggrin

I had to laugh at the spoiler alert for Bolt and Kung Fu Panda!

As if it really matters! wink

biggrin

Preach brother!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Les Comperes
    A Francis Veber comedy with music by... yes, of course... Vladimir Cosma.
    When her teenage son goes missing the mom calls up two of her boyfriends from her past-- Gerard Depardieu & Pierre Richard and tells each that they might be the real father. That begins a fun ride where Depardieu and Richard are fighting off each other while a couple of inept, bumbling mafia blokes are going after them. This is really enjoyable stuff. I can't believe there's no Bollywood version of it yet!
    As for the score... there's hardly anything of note except for a jolly whistling main theme.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2009
    DemonStar wrote
    Some people are really touchy about spoilers and so I'm careful for not upsetting anyone! wink

I've been careful about BOLT spoilers but a horrible Japanese trailer reveals some (supposedly) important scenes slant
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp