• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009
    Southall wrote
    Sucky-fucky-five-dollar!

Cartman rules! biggrin

Hey, sorjier boy!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I didn't get where I am today by posting in the wrong thread.

No JS.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Sucky-fucky-five-dollar!

Cartman rules! biggrin

Who?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009 edited
    Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday dear Jesus
    Happy birthday to you!

TODAY... IS CHRISTMAS.

Sorry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Sucky-fucky-five-dollar!

Cartman rules! biggrin

Who?

You know that this is blasphemy; right?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Happy birthday SOUTHALL!!
    fireworks birthday fireworks
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARTIJN
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The boards gone all China Syndrome on us...

bounce explode fireworks explode fireworks explode fireworks explode bounce
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Sucky-fucky-five-dollar!

Cartman rules! biggrin

Who?

You know that this is blasphemy; right?

Huh? Is he/she famous?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, let's all blame Bregt.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

Quick! Get the Burgermeister frank
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote

beer
  3. Oh welll, bunny
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE IPCRESS FILE - John Barry

I've always loved this album which is mostly variations on a theme from melancholic to jazzy, within the film the score works to perfection, on album it's a fine relaxing listen cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    NP: Walk On The Wild Side - Elmer Bernstein

Fine little score, but that theme really does something to me. It's completely poignant in some way.
    Overall, as a mixed jazz/dramatic score, this must be one of Elmer's finest.

I think I'll put on Jimmy Smith's fabled version of the main theme when I'm finished with this score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    NP: Walk On The Wild Side - Elmer Bernstein

Fine little score, but that theme really does something to me. It's completely poignant in some way.
    Overall, as a mixed jazz/dramatic score, this must be one of Elmer's finest.

I think I'll put on Jimmy Smith's fabled version of the main theme when I'm finished with this score.

Jimmy's version of The Carpetbaggers is fecking kicking! For many years it was used as the theme to long running current affairs BBC show The Money Program
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Jimmy's version of The Carpetbaggers is fecking kicking! For many years it was used as the theme to long running current affairs BBC show The Money Program

I never realised that theme was Elmer's! Have never heard The Carpetbaggers... sad (well, apart from when watching The Money Programme!)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

I never realised that theme was Elmer's! Have never heard The Carpetbaggers... sad (well, apart from when watching The Money Programme!)

I've never heard Elmer's original, I only know Jimmy Smith's version.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I think it's only availble as a bootleg (the original, that is).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

The version on Jimmy's album THE CAT ( Coolest. Album. Title. Ever. cool ) is brilliant and the rest of the album is great too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I know. It's queued to go next. smile
  4. Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

The version on Jimmy's album THE CAT ( Coolest. Album. Title. Ever. cool ) is brilliant and the rest of the album is great too!

Thanks!

Another old TV theme in my collection - I knew that the theme for The Money Programme was taken from somewhere else but I didn't realise that it was from Bernstein's The Carpetbaggers.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2009
    NP : SPARTACUS - Alex North

cool

And just finishing...g'night wave sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Unfortuantely I just sat through...

The International - Tom Tykwer, Johnny Klimek, Reinhold Heil

It's almost an all electronic atmospheric noodling drum loop score! A far cry from the brilliant Purfume. At times it wants to be a Bourne score but it doesn't have the Powell flair! A really disappointing listen and most definitely NOT the high-octane score Varese is promoting.

Now I have to make a decision as to whether or not I want to play this on my show next week.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2009 edited
    WP: The Magnificent Westerns - City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra

Four disks of fantastic western music, most of which I had never heard before smile
    Recently, I have been playing the track"Gunfight At The O.K. Corral - Suite" a lot. I'm glad I was able to find this in the library!

NP: Lost Season 3 Disk 1 - Michael Giacchino

In the show this music is amazing. On CD it is still very good, but I'm not sure which season's music I prefer. Maybe Season 1? Maybe Season 3? I don't know....

Edit: Oceans Apart reminds me why I love this music so much. Its great in Season 3, but if I remember correctly, its even better in Season 1.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Timmer wrote

NP : WEST SIDE STORY - Leonard Bernstein & Stephen Sondheim & Various artists

This is the original soundtrack, IMO the best musical ever written and a work of genius.

Totally agree!!! Freakin' amazing! beer
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone

Stunning!

I've been wanting to hear this for the longest time. Reading your review makes me want it even more.

Erik Woods wrote
    shocked

HOLY F__KING SH_T!

I don't know how many people here have the 101 Dalmatians soundtrack but you need to stop what you are listening to right now and spin the track "Pup, Pup, Pup, Pup, Puppies" I'd say this one track would turn any mickey mousing detractor into a fan! Probably one of the most inspired pieces of music Kamen ever wrote! The orchestrations are absolutely mind blowing!

I really need to do another underrated film scores show!

EDIT - Old McDonald Had a Farm in "Reunion in the Barn" biggrin I forgot how utterly brilliant this score was!

-Erik-

Ooooh. I'm very interested in hearing this at some point. I haven't heard much of his music, but I know from Mr. Holland's Opus how magical it can be.

Miya wrote
    NP: White Fang (bootleg) - Basil Poledouris & (a bit of ?) Hans Zimmer

Yes!!! My memory was not wrong!

I saw this film as a kid and have remembered the Main Theme. It's often stuck in my head, even after many years passed since I saw the film last time.

But recently I began to wonder whether it really was the theme from White Fang. But just now I downlo... ahem shame , got this album, and as soon as I started listening I recognized the theme! smile

It is very nice music, but I probably prefer Debney's music to White Fang 2. If you ever watch the film, try to listen to the music as well.

William wrote
    NP: Climactica - Paul Houseman

For being a free download from the Internet, from a relatively obscure composer, this is a great trailer-esque piece, even though it's only a minute long. punk

http://www.paulhouseman.com/

Just listened to it. It does sound very traileresque, but not in a bad way smile I usually enjoy this kind of music.

Martijn wrote
    Miya wrote
    NP: Once Upon A Time In America - Ennio Morricone

I finished watching it today. What else can I play? This is just beautiful!

Are you asking Morricone?
    I have about 1138 recommendations (and that's scratching the very top of his oeuvre).

...but you probably just want to play a Disney score again. wink

I absolutely want your recommendations. I especially like his Western scores. I love The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly and Navajo Joe. Unfortunately, I have not heard any of his other Westerns, except from a few (very good) tracks rerecorded on The Magnificent Westerns compilation that I mentioned in my previous post.

NP: Live and Let Die - George Martin

Thanks to the library, I've had this for over a year, yet today only marks the 3rd time that I've listened to it the entire way through. I wonder why. It isn't bad ( I do enjoy it), but I guess it just doesn't connect with me the same way it would for many of the older posters.

And UGH.... I just read 600+ posts. How exhausting.... and the last page was gibberish or something. Sort of skimmed over that one.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Panthera wrote
    NP: Lost Season 3 Disk 1 - Michael Giacchino

Edit: Oceans Apart reminds me why I love this music so much. Its great in Season 3, but if I remember correctly, its even better in Season 1.

You have very good memory, as it's not even in season 1! wink

You're probably thinking of Parting Words.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Panthera wave

Morricone westerns!?

Look no further ( well, for the time being wink ) than LA RESA DEI CONTI ( aka THE BIG GUNDOWN ), it's fantastic and I can assure you Martijn agrees with me 100% on that.

Truly excellent punk