• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    NP : MOONRAKER - John Barry

Just the tracks Bond Arrives In Rio and the utterly magnificent Flight Into Space, for such a lacklustre Bond score that one 6+minute track alone makes this an essential purchase. cool

smile These are the only two I have ever liked and had on my Bond mix tape since 1981... cheesy
    (Just putting things in a historic perspective here smile )

NP: Naakt Over De Schutting ("Naked Over The Fence") - Ruud Bos

Jazz-influenced little score for a little-shown Dutch thriller involving illegal blue movie shoots in the middle of Amsterdam. Neither the book, nor the film, nor the score are very extraordinary, but the music is a nice look into Dutch film scoring of the early seventies: i.e. keep things light and easy, don't get too poppy (jazz is SO much more sophisticated), nor too dramatic (that's too much work and SO old fashioned).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009
    I think the title song to Moonraker is very underrated.

Though this won't make you lament that loss Martijn, Kate Bush was apparently approached to sing it, listening to it's structure she would have been perfect and considering the time ( 1979 ) very current.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Over Dame Shirley?
    Over my dead body.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Over Dame Shirley?
    Over my dead body.

Ahhhhhhh, the expected reaction. biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Merlin - Rob Lane

Has some strong moments. And some not-so-strong.
  1. Southall wrote
    Merlin - Rob Lane

Has some strong moments. And some not-so-strong.

true, and I know just the ones you mean
    had the same feeling about it smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    VANGELIS - el greco

Relaxing, atmospheric and loooongggg. At places the melodies are boldly prominent and that makes the difference, such as the gorgeous main theme that gets a full orchestral / choral rendition and a piano version.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Steven wrote
    Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship Of The Ring/The Two Towers/The Return Of The King Howard Shore (conducting the London Philharmonic Orchestra having also orchestrated the music himself)*

Got work to be doing, so I'm playing all three Lord Of The Rings scores back-to-back. You know, Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring, The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers and of course The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King.**

I'd forgotten how awesomely amazingly awesome these scores really are.

*Note the distinct lack of acronyms.

**No really

Anyone ever made it through one sitting of one of the complete releases? Or even all 10 hours? I'd love to do it, but I'd need to be in a very particular mood to listen to 10 hours of non-stop music! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    A chemically-induced particular mood, even.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Timmer wrote
    NP : AT PLAY IN THE FIELDS OF THE LORD - Zbigniew Preisner

By the gods!!!! Why? WHY? have I taken so long to play this again!?? It must be 10 years or more? Preisner's music is gorgeous and tinged with some beautiful indigeonous elements.

The only downside is some source cues that, although they have their own charm break the lovely flow of Preisner's cues.

Cool! The main theme is beautiful and deeply moving! The native Indian music is not the easiest of listens.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009 edited
    BhelPuri wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : AT PLAY IN THE FIELDS OF THE LORD - Zbigniew Preisner

By the gods!!!! Why? WHY? have I taken so long to play this again!?? It must be 10 years or more? Preisner's music is gorgeous and tinged with some beautiful indigeonous elements.

The only downside is some source cues that, although they have their own charm break the lovely flow of Preisner's cues.

Cool! The main theme is beautiful and deeply moving! The native Indian music is not the easiest of listens.

True but it wasn't without it's charm. The Preisner tracks are lovely.

NP : WEST SIDE STORY - Leonard Bernstein & Stephen Sondheim & Various artists

This is the original soundtrack, IMO the best musical ever written and a work of genius.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote

This is the original soundtrack, IMO the best musical ever written and a work of genius.

I love the orchestral arrangements Bernstein did as well. The Overture is brilliant!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

I love the orchestral arrangements Bernstein did as well. The Overture is brilliant!

James, IT'S FOOKING KICKING! punk cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    A chemically-induced particular mood, even.

A hydroxyl group attached to a carbon chain never goes amiss.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Too true!
    Scary greenish stuff on me tonight! wine ...or was that the explode
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm off to Hong Kong Charlie's vodka bar in a bit. One of the few places you can order a feminine drink and not be ridiculed for it! (That's what I like to believe anyway.)

I'm gonna have some Sex On The Beach methinks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    I'm off to Hong Kong Charlie's vodka bar in a bit. One of the few places you can order a feminine drink and not be ridiculed for it! (That's what I like to believe anyway.)

I'm gonna have some Sex On The Beach methinks.

Well OBVIOUSLY you won't be ridiculed.
    That name has no -l- or -r- in it, so the staff will expless nothing but lerief.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's flyed lice you plick!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That sounds rather more like a Thai appetiser.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Welief Martijn, Welief wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That's KOREAN!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    That's KOREAN!

Lock up your pets!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Onry dogs.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    James Horner
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    HOLNEL!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You seem so ronery? So ronery an' arone?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall wrote
    Sucky-fucky-five-dollar!

Wlong thlead.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Sucky-fucky-five-dollar!

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird B-b-b-bird, bird
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I didn't get where I am today by posting in the wrong thread.