• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010
    keky,

indeed, I think only as LP. I have an mp3 rip of the LP. It's a rather harsh score, but it has a couple of tracks that I love.

If you're interested and if you have a gmail account (or another mail account that can receive big mails) I'll be happy to send it to you.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010
    Thanks Peter, I PMd you! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010 edited
    By the way, one of my alltime favourite Morricone tracks is "Lady Caliph" from LA CALIFFA. I couldn't find the original version on youtube, only the Yo Yo Ma version. I prefer the original with those haunting woodwind solos. When he ventures into that melancholic territory, he's absolutely unbeatable.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010 edited
    Indeed, that's a great theme, Thor (I much prefer the original version as well). In fact the entire "La califfa" score is filled with melodic bliss like that. I've always considered the "La califfa" score a kind of big sister to "Questa specie d'amore". Both movies directed by the same guy, and the scores are both brimming with great, melancholic and romantic themes.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010
    Not sure this has been posted yet, and frankly I can't be arsed to check, but there's a Morricone concert at the Royal Albert Hall in April:

http://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/ … fault.aspx
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Nice. I'm not paying that much though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Lots of re-releases of Ennio Morricone in 2009.

Anything good in the sweeping / melodic / romantic department?

I already got RISOLUZIONE 819, music by Ennio Morricone (Digitmovies) which has some good points.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    T
    Steven wrote
    Not sure this has been posted yet, and frankly I can't be arsed to check, but there's a Morricone concert at the Royal Albert Hall in April:

Too expensive for me. If I'd never seen him before I would pull out all the stops.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    T
    Steven wrote

Too expensive for me. If I'd never seen him before I would pull out all the stops.

Yeah, me too. I think his last concert over here was a similar price so I missed that one too. I love seeing him live but the concert would finish after the last train from London so realistically you're adding on an expensive train fare and an expensive overnight stop in London to that already-expensive ticket, so I can't justify it. Which is a great pity for me - I'd love to see him live again. Just not at any price.
  1. I managed to see him for free.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Southall wrote
    Yeah, me too. I think his last concert over here was a similar price so I missed that one too. I love seeing him live but the concert would finish after the last train from London so realistically you're adding on an expensive train fare and an expensive overnight stop in London to that already-expensive ticket, so I can't justify it. Which is a great pity for me - I'd love to see him live again. Just not at any price.

It may not seem as expensive if it Morricone was definitely going to be there?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I managed to see him for free.

Were you a groupie?
  3. No, he had a concert in Krakow because of the 750 years of the city's existence. I travelled there specially to see Morricone live and meet up with friends from my website who went as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    No, he had a concert in Krakow because of the 750 years of the city's existence. I travelled there specially to see Morricone live and meet up with friends from my website who went as well.

Did you get to meet him? I did and he talked through an interpreter.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. No, he had tight security and half of the street was closed anyway. Not that we didn't try to chase him.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That's a shame.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2010
    If I should go about ordering LA CALIFFA now, what version should I go for and where could I find it?
    I am extremely serious.
  5. I have the complete and chronological version...

No, just kidding. I have the GDM release, and I don't know how much it has on it, but I don't tend to listen the whole way. It's a score I like in 20 minute chunks.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Thor wrote
    If I should go about ordering LA CALIFFA now, what version should I go for and where could I find it?

The ScreenTrax and Dagored release are the complete versions and should be easily available (they have a 10 min suite that takes the total time to 53 min). I'm not aware of a GDM release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    BhelPuri wrote
    Thor wrote

The ScreenTrax and Dagored release are the complete versions and should be easily available (they have a 10 min suite that takes the total time to 53 min). I'm not aware of a GDM release.

Hmmm....OK. I take it that the GDM version is the one I should go for, then (that is NOT C&C)?
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Sorry - mine must be Dagored, not GDM!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2010
    The "La califfa" release I have is the 22 track SLC album with a running time of 43:25. Others have released a version with an additional 10 minute suite. If I was to buy it today I would go for the recent 2009 release by Verita Note with 29 tracks. The many "extra" tracks are merely because the suite has been edited into separate tracks. But if you don't mind suites, just go for the cheapest one, with a running time around 53 minutes.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2010 edited
    plindboe wrote
    The "La califfa" release I have is the 22 track SLC album with a running time of 43:25. Others have released a version with an additional 10 minute suite. If I was to buy it today I would go for the recent 2009 release by Verita Note with 29 tracks. The many "extra" tracks are merely because the suite has been edited into separate tracks. But if you don't mind suites, just go for the cheapest one, with a running time around 53 minutes.

Peter smile

And the cheapest one is the SLC album? I'm sorry, but I'm a bit confused here. I'd like the suite thing.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thor wrote
    And the cheapest one is the SLC album? I'm sorry, but I'm a bit confused here. I'd like the suite thing.

I was thinking more like if you came across any cheap versions in online auctions or something, then you might as well get some of the older ~53 minute releases.

But if you don't want a used copy, I doubt there's money to save, so in that case the Verita Note release is the one to go for.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    dizzy
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    What confuses you, Thor?

There's a 22 track release and a 15 track release. Avoid these. Just find a release with at least 23 tracks and ~53 minutes. There are 4 or 5 different releases with that much material, and I don't think it matters much which of these you choose.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    plindboe wrote
    What confuses you, Thor?

There's a 22 track release and a 15 track release. Avoid these. Just find a release with at least 23 tracks and ~53 minutes. There are 4 or 5 different releases with that much material, and I don't think it matters much which of these you choose.

Peter smile

OK, thank you. I've looked around a bit, and it seems like it's either unavailable or extremely expensive (from $20 and upwards).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Ouch. I just had a check too, and had the same experience.

Peter slant