• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2009
    plindboe wrote
    I personally prefer Morricone's approach, because it makes it much easier to program the nasty stuff out when listening to an album.

Peter wink

lol Just awesome!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Indeed, BP, his real passion is this kind of music. When he creates absolute music, there isn't a melody in sight*. It's all very inventive, but also completely unlistenable. I'm sure he uses alot of tricks that only other composers will be able to understand, so it's probably more of an intellectual endeavour for him.

Peter smile

* the gorgeous movement from "Due pezzi per dieci archi solisti" is an exception though
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed, there's some stuff in almost every Morricone score that's death to the ears, totally unlistenable. He must be into some kind of sadomasochism. wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    plindboe wrote
    Talos,

Morricone surely creates annoying and unlistenable music from time to time. That said, I think part of the problem is that his way of creating tension is so unique compared to the traditional Hollywood way, where the sustained and increasingly loud strings is the typical, unimaginary trick whenever something scary is about to happen. Since most people are used to the traditional Hollywood sound, it gets extra, undue attention when something very different comes along.

Hollywood tension underscore also tends to blend in more with the rest of the underscore, while Morricone's stands apart and demands attention. I personally prefer Morricone's approach, because it makes it much easier to program the nasty stuff out when listening to an album.

Peter wink

Oh, Peter I do love his underscore technique, especially the tense atmospheric music in the Thing... but I don't like some of his quirky / irritating themes for some of the movies he scored. I really think, is that the same composer? hahaha. Kudos to Morricone, he really is diverse though.

I recently discovered his EROTICA cd's, these are a blast! So cool, very mellow. Would love to own a lounge and play these cd's the whole night.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Talos wrote

I recently discovered his EROTICA cd's, these are a blast! So cool, very mellow. Would love to own a lounge and play these cd's the whole night.

EROTICA Cds?? what is that? slant
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Talos wrote
    Oh, Peter I do love his underscore technique, especially the tense atmospheric music in the Thing... but I don't like some of his quirky / irritating themes for some of the movies he scored.

Do you have some examples of which kinda cues you mean? smile

Talos wroteI really think, is that the same composer? hahaha. Kudos to Morricone, he really is diverse though.

Indeed, Morricone has so many unique styles that he's like 10 composers in 1 body.

Talos wroteI recently discovered his EROTICA cd's, these are a blast! So cool, very mellow. Would love to own a lounge and play these cd's the whole night.

Hehe. Are you talking about this one? Looks good for sure, it has some interesting selections and a few weird ones as well.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009
    Yes, there are a couple of them. Nice sexy music. I always put this music on while driving. Relaxed stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Talos wrote
    Yes, there are a couple of them. Nice sexy music. I always put this music on while driving. Relaxed stuff.

I wish i could have it. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    Sunil, check your message box...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009
    Peter,

Any idea where I could get a copy of Ripley's Game at a decent price?

Tim smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Peter,

Tim smile

Ah, I've been looking for it too. It's very, very pricey and I can't pay that high for the amount of music on it that is of interest to me. I actually bought a copy when it released but later gave it away.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009
    I'll just hape to keep my eyes peeled.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009 edited
    My fave part of the Ripley score is that concerto piece, and the thrilling action piece on the train (Secondo Treno?)

Tell you what... if you want to make do with the 6 minute highlight piece from the album (In Concerto) and want lots of awesome Italian scores then check out this fantastic compilation-

Movie Themes Collection
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Nowadays, i am listening to Morricone music more than anything. I don't know why but i enjoy listening to his works. Yesterday, i listened to The Platinum Collection, in that, there is particular track called My Name is Nobody, OMG! i have just become addicted to that track. I really liked the way choir and solo instrument flute has been used. Wonderful! Does anybody have full score album of My Name is Nobody? in case, yes, please tell me how is it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Timmer wrote

Ouch, that might be difficult, Tim. Some online auctions might be your best bet. Heck, it might be easier to invent a time machine and travel back in time to buy it when it was first released.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Sunil wrote
    Nowadays, i am listening to Morricone music more than anything. I don't know why but i enjoy listening to his works. Yesterday, i listened to The Platinum Collection, in that, there is particular track called My Name is Nobody, OMG! i have just become addicted to that track. I really liked the way choir and solo instrument flute has been used. Wonderful! Does anybody have full score album of My Name is Nobody? in case, yes, please tell me how is it?

Me, and it's brilliant! One of the wittiest scores I've ever heard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Sunil, "My name it Nobody" consists of 4 wonderful themes. Most of the album consists of variations of these themes. Besides the main theme that you know:

1) There's this very catchy and rather insane horseriding theme.
    2) The extremely lovely theme for Jack.
    3) An extraordinary duel theme. This theme was also used hilariously in "The burbs".

Peter punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    I also like that track, its so innocent/playfull. Nice melody to whistle when happy... haha.

It starts with a splash and I like that little (female) choir... saying "ah hup" in the background. Sunil, were you the one that just ordered/received the Platinum Collection? Pretty neat, isn't it? Not the typical track selections like you see in so many other Morricone collection cd's. I play it in my car every day. (skipping those obnoxious (or how to you write that) parts though)
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009 edited
    I also like this track: (cd 3) 1st track:

Giù La Testa/Giù La Testa

aka Duck you Sucker

One more thing, most of the tracks are sounding very good/clear, even though most are pretty old.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Talos wrote

Sunil, were you the one that just ordered/received the Platinum Collection?

Yes, my friend! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    Did you like the music of that Erotica cd? Nice cooing chorus occassionally.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Talos wrote
    Did you like the music of that Erotica cd? Nice cooing chorus occassionally.

Oh yeah! i liked it. Thanks, buddy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    Glad you liked it, only one track takes it too far with the cooing... its also not really a musical track that one, but almost "acapella" only. Still fun though.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    plindboe wrote
    Timmer wrote

Ouch, that might be difficult, Tim. Some online auctions might be your best bet. Heck, it might be easier to invent a time machine and travel back in time to buy it when it was first released.

Peter smile

I should have picked it up at the time of release slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Talos wrote

aka Duck you Sucker

One more thing, most of the tracks are sounding very good/clear, even though most are pretty old.

Ah..i still remember the headache i got from that score; so NOT my kind of Morricone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Talos wrote

aka Duck you Sucker

Ah..i still remember the headache i got from that score; so NOT my kind of Morricone.

Even the theme?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Just the theme. That's standard Morricone goodness. But on a compilation or something, i just can't stand all the rest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I think Giu la testa is a wonderful listen. It has the great main theme and many more highlights beside, nostalgic and funny tracks. Old, but good Morricone music.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Talos wrote

aka Duck you Sucker

Put me in with those that love this score though I can see why it wouldn't be to everybody's taste.