• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009
    Southall wrote
    And in my opinion, Questa Specie D'amore is the best of the lot.

I agree. It's extraordinary that a single score can have so many themes, each of them great.

"Cosi Come Sei" is a close second for me.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    keky wrote
    I would recommend Missus and La Provinciale from the above list. Both are wonderful.

I must listen to them some more. They seem like the kinds of scores that doesn't really impress you at first, but I'm sure with additional listens I will discover that they both contain lovely material.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I'm starting a new video series on YouTube called "Why Ennio Morricone rules", containing suites from his countless scores. I've probably music for hundreds of videos, so this will be a life long process.

Here's the first video of the series.

For anyone with a YouTube account, if you subscribe to me, you'll receive a mail whenever I upload a new video. Can't promise that will happen regularly though.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2009
    Ah! nice work, Peter! Well done! applause beer
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2009
    Hi Peter,

Have you ever met Maestro Ennio Morricone? Do you have his autograph? I am very curious to know about that.

Sunil.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Ah! No surprise. I know that you met not only Morricone but also other composers too. However, you are indeed luckiest person. Did you involve in conversation with Morricone? If yes, regarding his works or generally?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    No conversation unfortunately - I was too starstruck!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    As he doesn't speak a word of English, and I'm guessing your Italian, much like mine, is confined to 'cappuccino', 'spaghetti bolognese' and 'gabinetti', then it wouldn't have made much difference anyway. wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    That's what I thought at the time, though if memory serves it's subsequently been revealed that he can speak perfect English, just chooses not to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Really? cheesy

I'm not entirely sure whether that is really cool or really arrogant.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    As he doesn't speak a word of English, and I'm guessing your Italian, much like mine, is confined to 'cappuccino', 'spaghetti bolognese' and 'gabinetti', then it wouldn't have made much difference anyway. wink

Capice!?

No, not really.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    That's what I thought at the time, though if memory serves it's subsequently been revealed that he can speak perfect English, just chooses not to.

dizzy

I had a few brief words with him through an interpreter cheesy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Really? cheesy

I'm not entirely sure whether that is really cool or really arrogant.

If i take into account my recent trip to Italy this summer, i'd say DEFINITELY the latter.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Sunil wrote
    Ah! nice work, Peter! Well done! applause beer

Thanks Sunil!

I uploaded the second video in the series yesterday.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Sunil wrote
    Have you ever met Maestro Ennio Morricone? Do you have his autograph? I am very curious to know about that.

Never met him. Probably for the best though, as I'm sure I'd just stand paralyzed and stutter (possibly drool too). The closest I've been to him is ~30 meters at a concert in London in 2006.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Southall wrote

If that is true, he's a bit of a bastard.

But I must admit I'm a bit skeptical. I can imagine that he speaks some english, but not very well. If that's the case, it's easy to imagine how the above rumour can start once someone hears him utter some words in english.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I've probably told this story before, but when me and Jon Broxton interview Zbigniew Preisner, we struggled along for 20 minutes or so with a translator (which was really weird - and made it hard to get any kind of conversation going, due to all the pauses). Then he suddenly threw his arms up in the air, shouted "fuck this!" and started speaking perfectly good English. (He was a very entertaining man. Very interesting too.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Hehehe, funny story. Makes me wonder, why on earth employ a translator if you speak perfectly good english? Insecurity perhaps?

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2009
    plindboe wrote
    Hehehe, funny story. Makes me wonder, why on earth employ a translator if you speak perfectly good english? Insecurity perhaps?

Peter smile

Well, you never know if some mentalist fan is going to punch you in the head ( the recent incident with Leona Lewis ) or even worse.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Never met him. Probably for the best though, as I'm sure I'd just stand paralyzed and stutter (possibly drool too). The closest I've been to him is ~30 meters at a concert in London in 2006.

OMG! quite disappointing. I was under impression that you might have met him so many times. Honestly speaking, i have never seen a die hard fan like you. You are totally amazing, Peter. I admire your admiration and passion towards film music, especially towards Maestro. Well done! smile

Best wishes!

Sunil.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    If that is true, he's a bit of a bastard.

Ah! Peter, you are very rude towards your favorite composer. sad Seriously speaking, language doesn't play vital role in composers life. The fact is music doesn't have language. Its doesn't have boundaries, it can reach wherever it wants. I believe there is no point in making this as serious issue. According to me, Morricone is a great composer of all time.

Have a nice day!
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    I just got around listening to his most recent score Baaria this week and the second cue is a pure example that Morricone still has the fire within. The timpanis, the orchestra, the brass... Brilliant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2009
    Tintin wrote
    I just got around listening to his most recent score Baaria this week and the second cue is a pure example that Morricone still has the fire within. The timpanis, the orchestra, the brass... Brilliant.

Couldn't have said it better!

Martin my friend, have you heard this score here yet? I am sure you'll love it, it's exactly the style which you and I adore smile
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Yes I did listen to it many times Demetris. I am the one who started the Marcel Barsotti thread!!! smile

Pope Joan is at the top of my 2009 best score list so far (along with Agora in 2nd and Baaria in 3rd). We'll see what Mr. Horner produces!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Damn, why was under the impression Thor did?

DAMNed, blame Sunil!

smile)))

I am glad you liked it, it means my notion was correct!
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Christodoulides wrote

DAMNed, blame Sunil!

smile)))

biggrin

and what happened during your day before too i guess wink

btw. Did you receive what I sent you a couple of weeks ago?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Mmm, I am not sure? sad If it returns back to you or anything, please let me know! I will try to ask at the local post office 'cause maybe it's sitting somewhere already!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2009 edited
    *replying despite the ban

Sunil wrote
    Ah! Peter, you are very rude towards your favorite composer. sad

One is allowed to be a bit undiplomatic and silly on internet forums, no reason to take it seriously.

Sunil wrote
    Seriously speaking, language doesn't play vital role in composers life. The fact is music doesn't have language. Its doesn't have boundaries, it can reach wherever it wants.

Indeed. I'd call music a universal language however.

Sunil wrote
    I believe there is no point in making this as serious issue.

It's not a serious issue. More a curiousity to me. The music is what ultimately matters.

Sunil wrote
    OMG! quite disappointing. I was under impression that you might have met him so many times.

The music of Morricone is what really matters to me in the end. Autographs and meeting him face to face, while kinda cool, is nothing compared to unwrapping a new CD. I'm a fan of his music, not his hand-writing or his looks and persona.

Sunil wrote
    Honestly speaking, i have never seen a die hard fan like you. You are totally amazing, Peter. I admire your admiration and passion towards film music, especially towards Maestro. Well done! smile

Best wishes!

Thanks for the compliments. Hopefully you'll become as dedicated a morriconian as me in time. Best wishes to you as well.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2009 edited
    The 1995 BBC documentary -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9uMeQoDf5Y

*edited to add, it's incomplete on youtube. Only 4 parts. sad

Peter smile