• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009
    thumbs
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009
    Bregt wrote
    thumbs

How do you get that? It's not in the emoticon list.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009 edited
    There it is! Thanks Bregt.

A great smiley, albeit confusing, as my brain frequently sees it as if it's holding up its middle fingers.

Peter thumbs
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009
    plindboe wrote
    There it is! Thanks Bregt.

A great smiley, albeit confusing, as my brain frequently sees it as if it's holding up its middle fingers.

Peter thumbs

It was, formerly, the 'middle fingers' emoticon. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009 edited
    Thor wrote
    Bregt wrote
    thumbs

How do you get that? It's not in the emoticon list.

Put : followed by thumbs followed by : thumbs wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2009

Southall wrote
    Funny you should mention The Sicilian Clan. A bit of a discovery for me too. I'm sure I must have heard it several times before, but don't remember it at all. Brilliant piece!

I recommend the "Sicilian clan" album highly. It's my favourite Morricone gangster score. Would love to read a moviewave review of this one.

">My wish came true! biggrin

I hope I inspired you to purchase and review this album, James. In any case, I can only agree with your 5 rating, as this is truly one of the Morricone classics. I also like that you mentioned "Snack bar" and "Tema per la goff". You have an eye for the highlights of an album that deserves to be mentioned.

Peter punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Where can I get it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Timmer wrote
    Where can I get it?

I've bought many of my Morricone's on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Il-Clan-Dei-Sicil … amp;sr=1-1

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    uhm I'll wait.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Not an Amazon fan?

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Holy fuck! Just noticed the price.

Peter shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Try Intermezzo: http://www.intermezzomedia.it/

They sell it for EUR 12.50. Of course they're in Itay so might also cost a bit more to send it.

I've ordered from them before. They are usually some of the first with new Morricone releases, and very reliable.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009
    Nothing special guys but I enjoyed listening while almost asleep to Morricone's score for "Padre Pio" (an Italian TV movie about a saint monk)

What a nice relaxing score this is, some fine string work/melody too. (it even has one of those irritating electronic only tracks... that one sux, but the rest of the score is very nice)
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm going to take a chance on the new FSM 5 Man Army.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas

Me too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    And the rest of my budget is going to go to the Rozsa box.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I have only heard 2-3 tracks from The Five Man Army on different compilation CDs and those tracks were great. So I guess I, too, will take a chance on this FSM edition.
    I hope that James will review it soon before I make my final decision. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    keky wrote
    I have only heard 2-3 tracks from The Five Man Army on different compilation CDs and those tracks were great. So I guess I, too, will take a chance on this FSM edition.
    I hope that James will review it soon before I make my final decision. wink

Won't be too soon. I'll be ordering it tonight, perhaps with Intrada's Horner release and LaLa's recent Goldsmith one, but post from the USA to my house seems to go via Laos, back to the US, then on to Kamchatka and then finally Tuvalu before arriving here, since I always receive everything from SAE and Varese several weeks after other people in the UK who ordered after me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    sdtom wrote
    And the rest of my budget is going to go to the Rozsa box.
    Thomas

My budget doesn't stretch that far!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    That will be my Xmas present to myself this year if the winterizing of my truck isn't too expensive.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas

Me too!

cool

Mine has already shipped but with this postal shite going on I just hope it arrives soon. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    plindboe wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Where can I get it?

I've bought many of my Morricone's on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Il-Clan-Dei-Sicil … amp;sr=1-1

Peter smile

Sicilian Clan is a cd on the CAM label, so you might be better off ordering directly from CAM. If you order 3 cds or more from them, shipping is free worldwide!
    http://www.camoriginalsoundtracks.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    good advice
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2009
    I would like to ask you all one question about purchasing ENNIO MORRICONE: THE PLATINUM COLLECTION. In fact, just now i have placed order for that box set. I really want to know about your all opinion on this. Am i made a right choice? do you think is this really worth to buy?

Thank you.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Sunil,

I just went to Amazon to check out what album you meant, and I must say that you've chosen an excellent compilation. It's a great compilation to get to know Morricone better, as it not only contains many of his most famous themes, but also has some of his more quirky and obscure selections.

I also listened to the samples and all the tracks are from the OSTs, which is an important thing with Ennio, as there are many Morricone compilations out there performed by crappy orchestras.

I hope you'll tell us how you like it when you've listened to it.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    BhelPuri wrote
    Sicilian Clan is a cd on the CAM label, so you might be better off ordering directly from CAM. If you order 3 cds or more from them, shipping is free worldwide!
    http://www.camoriginalsoundtracks.com

Ahh, yes, how could I forget. A great deal of my Morricone CDs are from CAM.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas

You'll love it. I only have the 8 track release, so I've always longed for a more full release, and no one does it better than FSM.

I rate the score a 4½. It's not up there with "The good, the bad and the ugly" and "Once upon a time in the west"... well, nothing is... but it's a great score nonetheless, with three excellent themes and 1 great standalone track. Of course I'm only talking about the 8 track release, the new release probably has more to offer.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Talos wrote
    Nothing special guys but I enjoyed listening while almost asleep to Morricone's score for "Padre Pio" (an Italian TV movie about a saint monk)

What a nice relaxing score this is, some fine string work/melody too. (it even has one of those irritating electronic only tracks... that one sux, but the rest of the score is very nice)

You've inspired me to give "Padre Pio" another listen. It's been a long time since, and I remember it to be a great score, a 4 or a 4½ rating.

Perhaps by "one of those irritating electronic only tracks" you mean the repetitive harpsichord track? I love that one. It took me ages to realize that the melody is Dies Irae. Normally when one hears Dies Irae it's performed in a somber and dark way, but this buoyant and good-natured performance just transforms the melody into something beyond recognition.

Peter spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    I hope you'll tell us how you like it when you've listened to it.

Definitely, Peter! i am awaiting for that box set. As soon as i receive and listen to that collection, i will share my views with you about that platinum collection. Thanks for your opinion. cheesy

OMG! i can't wait. smile
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    biggrin beer punk