• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2012
    Bregt wrote
    The picture won't be disclosed.

BOOOOOOOOOOO....
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Bregt wrote
    Always drunk? I'm not often drunk and mostly there are no pictures!

I said you seemed drunk, not that you were. beer
    Sad to know that picture will remain a secret. sad
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2012
    I'm off with Mel and some buddies to have a go at a pub quiz in the city centre in a little while.

Howabout you James, do you still do your weekly pub quiz?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2012
    BEER! drink beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2012 edited
    My teetotal friend is picking me up this evening to go quizzing at a pub in the city centre, quiz, friends and beer..... excellent!!! beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2012
    A very good night out but no win. spin biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2012 edited
    What are peoples plans this weekend? Here in UK is a long Bank Holiday for the Queen's diamond jubilee.

Tonight I'm off out ( no, what you Tim? Going out on a Saturday night, that's very unlike you isn't it? ) to play pool ( no, what you Tim? Going out on a Saturday night to play pool, that's very unlike you isn't it? ) and drink beer ( no, what you Tim? Going blah blah de dah etc wink )
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2012
    Timmer wrote
    What are peoples plans this weekend? Here in UK is a long Bank Holiday for the Queen's diamond jubilee.

Tonight I'm off out ( no, what you Tim? Going out on a Saturday night, that's very unlike you isn't it? ) to play pool ( no, what you Tim? Going out on a Saturday night to play pool, that's very unlike you isn't it? ) and drink beer ( no, what you Tim? Going blah blah de dah etc wink )

Sounds like a good plan to me wink beer
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I'm working all night tonight but have secured the next two days off which I'll definitely try to the most of. I'd love to have a BBQ but the weather's gonna be shit by all accounts.

More beer then, I expect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2012 edited
    Just spent 7-8 hours helping my best friend (and his pregnant fiancee) move. One big truck and a separate trailer with stuff. Exhausted now, so I'll spend the rest of the night relaxing.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Nothing specific planned.

No real interest in following Jubilee events (or all the Olympic stuff). Wash out rainy day tomorrow, so indoor stuff. Then on Monday, out at 7am on a guided birding trip day in Conwy valley.

We usually see 80+ species on these trips but this time Anne and I want some guidance on identifying 'LBJs'. Should be good.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    We have a pair of magpie's causing trouble around my neighborhood, they even attacked Gomez the other day.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2012 edited
    Timmer wrote

I forgot to mention that I WON! punk

Me and some friends also took part in a pub quiz on Thursday night just gone, we won that too, I got my team* to back me on my promise to do exceptionally if we played our joker round** on a category of JAMES BOND, we got full marks ( **doubled points for playing the joker ).

*Mel backed me up telling the others that I really knew my shit when it comes to James Bond.

I thought the questions were easy ( they always are if you know the answer ) but there was just one question that I didn't know the answer to but made an educated guess which was correct, see if you can answer it....

Q: In Ian Fleming's books what car does James Bond drive and here's a clue, it's NOT an Aston Martin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I know sh*t about cars, but I've read the novels and I'm sure it's not Rolls but "that other one".
    It's on the tip of my tongue!
    crazy
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2012
    I haven't read any of the books but I just thought well, Bond's posh and he has taste and hey string-vesto I got it right.

You sir, are, I think, right on the money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    crazy crazy crazy
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    I haven't read any of the books

Really? shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    BENTLEY!!!
    It's a Bentley!

I'm almost sure!

EDIT: indeedy! biggrin
    From here:
    "Contrary to the films, James Bond's official car in the Ian Fleming novels was a grey 1933 Bentley convertible."

Woo! shocked
    I've care nothing for cars (don't even have my license), but this is VERY nice!
    (Very Untouchables as well! biggrin
    I know. Not the same car. But it's just got that vibe, don't you think?)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I haven't read any of the books

Really? shocked

No shame It was the only thing I was concerned about in doing well in that round.

and yes BENTLEY it is! beer One of the other team members suggested a Jag until I explained that was a Brit bank robbers car of choice for gettaways.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Whoah!

I grant you that the pivotal focus of any James Bond quiz will be the films, but never having read the books, you might run into some nasty surprises for all the major differences between Fleming's rather thuggish, überviolent and brutish character and the polished secret agent from the movies (not even mentioning the plots here... dizzy ).

Timmer wrote
    One of the other team members suggested a Jag

Bond? In a JAG? NEVER!

until I explained that was a Brit bank robbers car of choice for gettaways.

Really?
    I thought that was another car... wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin Only Michael Caine can get away with being uber-cool in a Mini cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2012
    I'm off to a pub! beer
  3. Had a beer while watching our national team get kicked off from the Euro we're organizing biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2012
    Just watched Spain kick France out 2-0, it's miserable and raining here so I'm off out to play pool and get drunk biggrin beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Just watched Spain kick France out 2-0,

Not specially happy about it...but I'm going out anyway smile

Timmer wrote
    I'm off out to play pool and get drunk biggrin beer

life is good, right? beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Had a big night out yesterday (Midsummer's Eve) with BBQ, football on the telly and a trip out to the pubs. Today is St. Hansaften (St. John's Eve), which is a big deal over here, but the weather is kinda sucky, so I just stayed in with tons of potatoe chips. You can't go wrong with potatoe chips.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thor wrote
    Had a big night out yesterday (Midsummer's Eve) with BBQ, football on the telly and a trip out to the pubs. Today is St. Hansaften (St. John's Eve), which is a big deal over here,

Ah! Same here, St. John's Eve. It is really a big deal as well down here smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Marselus wrote
    Thor wrote
    Had a big night out yesterday (Midsummer's Eve) with BBQ, football on the telly and a trip out to the pubs. Today is St. Hansaften (St. John's Eve), which is a big deal over here,

You do? I thought that was mostly celebrated here in Scandinavia. The big thing this day is the bonfires (St. Hansbål) by the coast, where people usually come out in (decorated) boats in the evening:

http://g.api.no/obscura/pub/978x1200r/0 … x1200r.jpg
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2012 edited
    Thor wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Thor wrote

You do? I thought that was mostly celebrated here in Scandinavia. The big thing this day is the bonfires (St. Hansbål) by the coast, where people usually come out in (decorated) boats in the evening:

Wow, exactly as here! Bonfires everywhere. Never expected that in Scandinavia you celebrate it the same way. Good to know wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2012
    Massive party at the pub last night, this pub runs a few of the bars at Glastonbury Festival so this party was a 'not at' Glastonbury party, hundreds of people turned up, I met so many faces it was almost overwhelming, bands and DJ's played and I left ( very VERY drunk ) at about 2.30 am.

Today is my birthday and I am spending it with a whopper of a hangover dizzy