• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2012
    I love Thai food too lick Have a good night beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2012
    Had a great time at the restaurant. It was good to get together with some old friends from school, but the food was the highlight. lick

And the gorgeous waitress who served us.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm organising a pop quiz tonight, should be fun smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Timmer wrote

This reminds me, I need to look into the Legrand/Bristol event.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Me too.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2012
    Timmer wrote

I did my usual 'let's slip in a film/TV music round' with played clips and me asking for name of show and name of artist in their answers, most of it popular stuff like Alabama 3's theme for THE SOPRANOS and the like but I did add a few score tracks, I was most impressed with one team who got both TAXI DRIVER and BERNARD HERRMANN cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2012
    I've already drunk 3 beers drink beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Was invited out to a private party today, but had to decline -- I'm still recuperating from the acute panchreatitis.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sorry to hear that, I'll drink double for you Thor beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Do that!! punk
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2012 edited
    I'll triple that later on for Thor and Timmer! beer
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    I'll triple that later on for Thor and Timmer! beer

A challenge eh? I like that devil

5th beer sinking now drink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2012
    Hit two pubs and a couple of bars tonight, endede up at a late bar with a mate watching a jazz band which was excellent.

Anywayz, time for bed I think sleep
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2012
    Off out for a few beers and join my mates to make a team for the pop quiz at a local promenade bar near me ( it's the same one where I've occasionally hosted the quiz myself ), hoping to win.

the downside of these semi-regular quiz excursions is that I end up knowing quite a lot about music I have no interest in rolleyes wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2012
    Slow roast shoulder of lamb for dinner followed by a few beers and a pool competition later on. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2012
    I went out with £20 and came back with £45 biggrin cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sounds like a good Sunday. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    I went out with £20 and came back with £45 biggrin cool

Teach me sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    £10 an hour and a 50% cut in all future winnings wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2012 edited
    I sense a COLOUR OF MONEY coming up. Who is Newman and who is Cruise?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2012 edited
    Thor wrote
    I sense a COLOUR OF MONEY coming up. Who is Newman and who is Cruise?

I didn't see any good pool playing in that film, just set up shots that I could personally teach anyone to do, plus the pockets in American pool are sooooooo BIG, a piece of piss compared to European standards, of the times I played pool in America I never once got beaten by a yank. tongue wink

p.s. Newman & Cruise? Pah!!! I'm both and still better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    p.s. Newman & Cruise? Pah!!! I'm both and still better.

What we have here... is a failure...to communicate!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2012
    Timmer wrote
    Off out for a few beers and join my mates to make a team for the pop quiz at a local promenade bar near me ( it's the same one where I've occasionally hosted the quiz myself ), hoping to win.

the downside of these semi-regular quiz excursions is that I end up knowing quite a lot about music I have no interest in rolleyes wink

Going to the pop quiz tonight, it is probably the last one ever due to new ownership taking over at the end of the week who have big plans that don't include Tuesday night pop quizzes, oh well, all good things and all that........... spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh nooooo.... sad
    I don't mind traditions getting an overhaul now and again, but completely abandoning them?

Well, hope it'll be a send-off to remember! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sorry to hear that, Tim. Surely there will be other places that have quizzes if the new management doesn't continue the tradition?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2012
    Thor wrote
    Sorry to hear that, Tim. Surely there will be other places that have quizzes if the new management doesn't continue the tradition?

Oh, absolutely! To be totally honest it's not really my kind of quiz anyway, enjoyable though it was it was very modern music oriented ( read: latest chart stuff ), enjoyable and challenging with sound and picture rounds and sometimes even film music rounds but the main thing ( besides winning, of course wink ) was enjoying the banter with other teams we got to know and being with friends.

Because it was local and I always walked to the quiz I never even thought about the fact that one of my best friends that always turns up doesn't drink alcohol, we have a big quiz that takes place in the city centre already marked out ( it's general knowledge etc that is much more my thing....less so my fellow quiz companions ) and my mate is totally up for picking us up and driving us there, we will of course be giving a sub towards his petrol costs.

...on the downside my up to date pop music knowledge will get stilted at March 2012 wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2012 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Oh nooooo.... sad
    I don't mind traditions getting an overhaul now and again, but completely abandoning them?

Well, hope it'll be a send-off to remember! cool

Not brilliant but not bad either. ( a good and laughter filled night was had by all )

Brilliant would have been leaving it at better than a poxy 3rd place slant wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2012
    BEER! drink beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I had some non-alchoholic beers to my homemade pizza earlier today, if that counts! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    In with the babe with movies and good ol' red wine smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.