• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2011
    I've just eaten a homemade chicken & mushroom pie with fried potatoes and peas & sweet corn lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    I've just eaten a homemade chicken & mushroom pie with fried potatoes and peas & sweet corn lick

Mmmm...that sounded great! And healthy too. But complicated?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2011 edited
    not really, the only thing that takes any time is the pastry, short crust pastry is easy to make but if i'd been near the supermarket I would just buy 'ready-roll' pastry.

p.s. I wouldn't call it that healthy, pastry is very fattening, the potatoes are fried and i put a big blob of butter on the peas and sweet corn devil lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2011
    Baz, one of my oldest and dearest friends came to Bristol for the night, he stayed at mine and we ended up drinking until 7.00am this morning.

If I told you I felt a little bit unwell right now that would be a massive understatement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Good form, Tim! Were you getting up now, at 17:51 in the afternoon? If so, that's respect right there. I've had some of those nights....getting up when it's already started to become dark again. smile

Getting a friend over and we'll probably watch a movie or something. I can hardly remember the last time I "hit the town", or had the stamina to.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I got up a bit earlier than that ( plus you're an hour ahead of UK ).

I'm going out again later for a friends 40th birthday....... HELP!!!! spin dizzy
  1. Tim, before you go out...HELP!

Google is no good. I am trying to remember a musician from the 70s. Popular musician, jazz type and may have had a band. Guested on the likes of Pebble Mill At One, etc. He liiked like he was from mixed race parents. Kenny Ball, I thought but the photos soon knocked that one on the head. Any ideas?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've no idea Alan? It rings a small bell!?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I was thinking maybe Kenny Lynch but he wasn't any kind of jazz musician from what I remember?
  2. Kenny Lynch is the guy. Thanks!!

Obviously, I had my facts muddled.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Well, I don't feel like it but I'm off out, I'll be taking it easy.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    Well, I don't feel like it but I'm off out, I'll be taking it easy.

rolleyes slant

Anywayz, back to today, I've been slow roasting a large shoulder joint of lamb since 11.00 this morning and I'll be doing roast potatoes, parsnips, cabbage etc etc, the smells are already driving me nutty with hunger lick

sorry Steven shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2011
    Off out for beers! biggrin punk

And please, no dramas like last week, I just want a nice night out with friends and no serious incidents.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2011
    I'm taking it easy this weekend, I'll probably go out tomorrow instead and head for the Pool competition.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2011
    I went to pub.

I played pool contest.

I won pool contest.

Came home with £60.

End of.

cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2011
    I'm joining Steven ( sort of ) and am well on my way to getting pissed dizzy ...and now I'm off out for a few hours beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2011
    I'm gonna get wankered tonight, I've already had a beer and I've still got half a bottle of Bushmills left biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Glad you're keeping the thread alive, Tim! Happy times! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    I'm gonna get wankered tonight, I've already had a beer and I've still got half a bottle of Bushmills left biggrin

biggrin drink

I don't envy morning Timmer though...
  3. we (my brother and I) enriched our Saturday evening with the 2 REC films. Play them loud and they're even 10 times more scarier. The first one remains a brilliant one, the second has the disadvantage of losing the unknown factor, but is marvelously executed nonetheless

My god, how on earth did they make this so real like? The production design is staggering on both
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

biggrin drink

Oh....

Hmmmm?

Oh what the fuck! drink dizzy beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    we (my brother and I) enriched our Saturday evening with the 2 REC films. Play them loud and they're even 10 times more scarier. The first one remains a brilliant one, the second has the disadvantage of losing the unknown factor, but is marvelously executed nonetheless

My god, how on earth did they make this so real like? The production design is staggering on both

I have both of them waiting to be viewed ( I borrowed them from a friend )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

biggrin drink

Oh....

Hmmmm?

Oh what the fuck! drink dizzy beer

I approve of this! punk biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Off. Out. Gone. seeya. whaddeverz.........>>>>
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Oh the Jedi's are going to feel this one...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    Oh the Jedi's are going to feel this one...

Yes, the booze is strong with this one.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2011
    Evening with my oldest and best friend.
    Topics: 'everything used to be better in the old days' (his take, not mine), the power of media, news vs. information, personal vs. collective responsibility, the state of the world, the lure of Brazil, Battlestar Galactica, TRON and music....LOADS of music.

Tipple of choice: port, white wine, more port and prosecco.

State: rather queasy right now.

Music on the train back home: CONAN, by Crom. Fuck, but this is magnificence incarnate!!! punk

Bit sleepy now.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. I thought it was by Poledouris or by Bates wink

Never heard the score by Crom. Is it any good?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2011
    Home now, watching '...Play The Beatles' on BBC 2, in which some of the most outlandish covers of the Beatles' songs pass the review, including Siouxsie & The Banshees playbacking their way on 1983 TOTP through a very good rendition of Dear Prudence, a very soulful Help by Tina Turner, an utterly unexpected (but not bad!) performance of Su "Hi De Hi" Pollard with Back In The USSR, and many more wonderful outlandish performances.

The only one I truly missed was William Shatner's dramatic interpretation of Judy In The Sky With Diamonds. But it's early days yet! It may still come by!

Having a whale of a time! punk Dancing the night away!!

PawelStroinski wrote
    I thought it was by Poledouris or by Bates wink

Never heard the score by Crom. Is it any good?

angry
    I will dine on your women, and...er...gloat to ...eh...the alphabetisation of your...ehm....turnips. Yeah. That's it. angry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn