• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I wish I could have gone to some of the Herrmann events in Bristol. sad
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2011
    Thor wrote
    Have a good time, Tim! Seems like you have a couple of weeks saturated with cultural impressions in various forms and shapes. I'm envious, of course, but also happy for you.

Feel free to report in for both events, if you have the time.

I'll be on here tonight and on Tuesday.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2011
    I can't believe this day has gone on so long, I've only been back an hour ago...cripes! slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2011
    That's a week to look forward to Tim! Why does it always come together? Have fun and glad to hear you will be at the Barry concert.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2011
    Thank you Bregt. smile

I'm back until tomorrow morning when I'll be off to Glasto. The Barry concert was very good, I really enjoyed it. I bumped into Jim Ware and his friend Jason ( hi! wave ).

Jim, I don't know if you'd have had the time but I really should have got your phone number, we went to a pub a few blocks away after ( right near to the Natural History Museum ) and ran into a bunch of Barry fans, two of whom, Robert wood & Richard Jolley who used to run Movie Boulevard in Leeds I've known them since the late 1970's ( yikes! ), great fun but had to scarper at 12.00 to get the last tube.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...and now I just get a call from friends saying they want me to come to the pop quiz, Mel's tired out and is going to stay in watching rubbish on TV but I'll go, It's nice to feel wanted biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    ...and now I just get a call from friends saying they want me to come to the pop quiz, Mel's tired out and is going to stay in watching rubbish on TV but I'll go, It's nice to feel wanted biggrin

And you're never one to say no to quizzes, are ya? smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tis my Achilles indeed! wink
  2. The John Barry concert is to be aired on Radio 2 a week this coming Friday, 8-11 pm. David Arnold has said that there will be no televised version of the concert.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    The John Barry concert is to be aired on Radio 2 a week this coming Friday, 8-11 pm. David Arnold has said that there will be no televised version of the concert.

I'm surprised he said that? There was filming going on, or is this for a DVD release???
  3. Maybe a DVD? Maybe a TV station wasn't interested in such an event.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2011
    See you all next week wave
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2011
    Timmer wrote

...and we won! biggrin cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2011
    Just got in from a fantastic night out. I went to see the fantastic Fleet Foxes* in Wolverhampton then came back to Birmingham and hit it hard. cool

*who are also playing at Glastonbury this weekend, so I'll be interested to find out whether Tim will have heard them play. They really are superb.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2011
    No, I didn't see them Lee, I'll do a little write up soon. The list of performers at Glastonbury is truly staggering, every year there's stuff I really want to see but don't get to see, either due to work commitments or numerous artists playing at the same time I want to see and having to make a choice.

I like what I've heard of Fleet Foxes and would see them given the chance.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2011
    After the craziness of Glastonbury I'll be out tonight with my regular team mates for the General Knowledge quiz and I'll be taking it easy.

I'll be celebrating my birthday tomorrow night....I think it's gonna be messy dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2011
    Good!
    It should be!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    After the craziness of Glastonbury I'll be out tonight with my regular team mates for the General Knowledge quiz and I'll be taking it easy.

I'll be celebrating my birthday tomorrow night....I think it's gonna be messy dizzy

Won the divisional Pool cup last night ( pic on my facebook if anyone's interested? ) and tonight my ( more accuratetly 'our' ) quiz team won the quiz and took the final round jack pot punk cool biggrin

Glastonbury - Pool - Quiz - Birthday....not a bad week really! beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2011 edited
    I'm very surprised to find that I feel bloody great and fully recovered from last night, mayhap the two cans of lager and a tumbler of bushmills single malt Irish whiskey I just downed have given me a false sense of recovery? biggrin wink

Anyway, I've phoned a few mates and we're going to meet in a pub that's showing the David Haye v Wladimir klitschko fight, my feeling is that Klitschko will win but I hope I'm wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I'm very surprised to find that I feel bloody great and fully recovered from last night, mayhap the two cans of lager and a tumbler of bushmills single malt Irish whiskey I just downed have given me a false sense of recovery? biggrin wink

Anyway, I've phoned a few mates and we're going to meet in a pub that's showing the David Haye v Wladimir klitschko fight, my feeling is that Klitschko will win but I hope I'm wrong.

I hope the Russian wins. Did you see that weird stand-off interview thing a couple of days ago? Man, Haye really came off as an unsympathetic twit. I've always been fascinated by the Klitschkos. Very intelligent guys who are incredibily bad-ass at the same time.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Vitali is actually the better fighter and also has a better chin, if it was him fighting Haye I'd have no hesitation in my choice of winner. Since the likes of Lennox Lewis ( the last truly great heavyweight champion ) etc have retired etc the heavyweight scene is very poor but this fight has certainly ignited the public imagination, Haye's crass antics and bad-mouthing hasn't exactly enamoured him with the British public, there's a good portion of people here in Britain who'd like to see him dumped on his arse, for me, he's British and I'll be behind him purely because of that ( in the same way I always want Manchester United to lose unless they're playing foreign clubs ), whoever wins I'd like to see some respect and good will displayed after the fight is done and dusted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2011
    Well, seems like Vladimir won on points. Not the spectacular knock-out ending one had hoped for, though.

Too bad the match wasn't shown on tv here (except pay channel, which I don't have). But I'll probably see the highlights at some later stage.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    They shook hands after the fight, klitschko won fare and square IMO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I do not understand boxing.
    I honestly don't.

In the not too distant future, next generations will look back in amazement how such barbaric, gladiatorial blood sports were still rampant in the 21st century. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I do not understand boxing.
    I honestly don't.

In the not too distant future, next generations will look back in amazement how such barbaric, gladiatorial blood sports were still rampant in the 21st century. sad

I love it and yet I agree with you...what a dichotomy. dizzy

For me boxing is the ultimate sport, all other sports you PLAY, you play Football, you play Rugby, you play Tennis, you play Golf.....you do not PLAY Boxing.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Well, seems like Vladimir won on points. Not the spectacular knock-out ending one had hoped for, though.

Too bad the match wasn't shown on tv here (except pay channel, which I don't have). But I'll probably see the highlights at some later stage.

p.s. I wouldn't bother Thor, the fight was a bit of a bore-fest.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2011
    I got asked to go to the pop quiz tonight but I'm just too darn tired sleep
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2011 edited
    My/Our team photo after winning the Divisional Cup in the pool league last Wednesday

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/ph … mp;theater
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    My/Our team photo after winning the Divisional Cup in the pool league last Wednesday

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/ph … mp;theater

Yeah, I saw that earlier. That's the "color of money" right there. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2011 edited
    smile beer

p.s. The Scorsese film, Cruise's shots are soooooo set up, most ( probably ALL ) of those I could pot with my eyes closed.