• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2011
    Play pool tonight cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2011
    I won! biggrin cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2011
    I feel absolutely awful today.....100% self inflicted last night rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2011 edited
    Although I have a party tonight, I slept really poorly last night and feel rather wrung out. So I won't be indulging as insanely as I had hoped I might have. sad

There won't be any Greek babes anyway, so I'm not too fussed. wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You never know, you could feel different in a few hours? I'm supposed to be going out for a friends birthday tonight....oh dear freezing
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Tell 'em your fasting for your sins, so you don't have to imbibe. Oh, and tell 'em you're meditating on World Peace wile coddling your head ache.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm feeling fine now so I will go out but I'll take it a bit easy, I haven't got a young persons constitution anymore.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Youth house evening tonight. Lots of beer and silly games!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Youth house evening tonight. Lots of beer and silly games!

Invite loads of girls and play naked twister. biggrin
  1. Bad day for rugby results: England win and Scotland loss. Now full of beer, gin and tonic, wine and whisky.

Watching Being Human on iPlayer later.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2011
    Going out to take part in a quiz tonight, not the pop quiz I occasionally attend ( and even less occasionally organise ) but a "normal" pub quiz, general knowledge etc.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    That's the most important part but it'll still be nice to win. I'll let you know the result.

okay beer

Came 3rd slant ....by one and a half points! cry

We did brilliantly except for two rounds, one of which was obscure word meanings where you got given a word and three choices as to what it meant and another round where you got given five famous writers ( Wordsworth, Twain, Burns, Coleridge, Dickens ) and had to match the famous quote to the writer.....we got ZERO points in both those rounds ( we guessed, wrongly obviously rolleyes every single one ), if we could have struck lucky on just two of them we would have won. sad

18 teams.

Team that came 1st had seven players.

Team that came 2nd had eight players

Our team had five players but there was no prize for 3rd angry

Such is life but we did have a great time cool

Well, last night me and my same team took part in the same pub quiz at the same pub ( apparantly it's a regular Thursday night thing ), it was just as packed as last week but this time we did better...

We came 1st punk biggrin

A full 9 points ahead of 2nd tongue cheesy

The 'QUOTES' round suited us better this time, having to put names to quotes from famous politicians, Lincoln, Churchill, etc, I was also very pleased to see a John Barry question come up, albeit very easy for me ( who won an Oscar for best score to Out of Africa ), turns out the quiz master was a bit of a John Barry fan and even told me he spent the day playing his scores when he heard the sad news.

Here's the last time I took part, expectations are high uhm biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2011
    came 6th shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Quiz tonight! Last year we were 6th out of 33. We should get in that top 5 this year. Not the same team players though, but the core members are still there (2 of 4).
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    came 6th shame

Surely...erm...the cues were unalligned.
    Yeah.
    The table was crooked.
    The lighting was off.
    You were distracted by unruly, rowdy, scantily clad female students.
    The situation in the Middle East was preying on your mind.
    Yeah.
    That's it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    Quiz tonight! Last year we were 6th out of 33. We should get in that top 5 this year. Not the same team players though, but the core members are still there (2 of 4).

So logically you should come 12th now, then?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Core members obviously cash in more than half of the points! It's not easy to calculate our end position tonight. Money can be bet though.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    came 6th shame

Surely...erm...the cues were unalligned.
    Yeah.
    The table was crooked.
    The lighting was off.
    You were distracted by unruly, rowdy, scantily clad female students.
    The situation in the Middle East was preying on your mind.
    Yeah.
    That's it.

It WAS the delectable female students....FACT! ( that's my excuse anyway ) at least Bregt came 6th out of 33 teams, we came 6th out of 14.

In truth we were missing two crucial players, our sports expert and our literary man. D will not be pleased to know we put "Turkish Lira" as the answer in a world currencies round for Cyprus ( we even crossed out Euro slant ).
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ouch on the Turkish Lira. biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2011
    9th in 28 teams. Not as good as last year, but still better than our friends team. tongue
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2011 edited
    Bregt wrote
    9th in 28 teams. Not as good as last year, but still better than our friends team. tongue

beer

It sounds very different to pub quizzes here, how does this points system work? ...and betting?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Just getting points for each correct question. It's a quiz about general knowledge, so questions could be about anything. Only the first five teams won a prize (a set of beers).
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    How many beers does 1st place get?

Talking of beers, I'm off out tonight, anyone else? beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Nope. Still recuperating from the Tanzania trip.

Staying indoors with homemade pizza, beer, potatoe chips (my favourite food!), chocolate, cognac, olives and a couple of films on the PC! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good films?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Good films?

Seen FROZEN and THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE now. The latter was really sick, although not as graphic as what I've been told. An interesting experiment; the parallell to Cronenberg is legitimate. The former was an OK thriller with an interesting premise (three youngsters caught in a ski elevator), but with some desperate, random elements to add suspense.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Is Frozen the film where they're supposedly stuck on a ski lift but there is no visible breath that should be seen for somewhere so cold?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Is Frozen the film where they're supposedly stuck on a ski lift but there is no visible breath that should be seen for somewhere so cold?

BTW, just ordered the score for this. I liked the audio clips.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2011
    Mashed!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Is Frozen the film where they're supposedly stuck on a ski lift but there is no visible breath that should be seen for somewhere so cold?

Didn't notice that, but I think you have a point now that I think of it.
    I am extremely serious.