• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2012
    I thought most of the first Expendables was pretty fun even though I don't really prefer that type of film in the first place (was watching it with my dad).
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Demetris wrote
    The other day i watched BATTLESHIP, i think some people are taking themselves and their countries too seriously, i mean have you read the rottentomatoes' reviews? I had lots of fun; films like this at least have some humor and self-mockery in them, they are honest imo. Not some heavy, pretentious shit that takes itself too seriously whilst it underestimates its viewers' IQ and expects us not to laugh. But stuff like Expendables, Battleship etc, are good clean fun; turn your minds off and enjoy fun.

I don't mind turning off my mind but when a film goes full retard like Battleship, Batte: LA and most of the first The Expendables then count me out!

-Erik-

What was so wrong about Battleship? I found ID4 for instance much more ridiculous...at least Battleship was a honest, big music video-clip like, Michael Bay wanna be fun ride, it was dumb from the beginning and it knew it, it didn't have problem admitting it through the whole montage and dialogues, i found that it didn't take itself seriously from frame 1 and i loved that.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Scribe wrote
    I thought most of the first Expendables was pretty fun even though I don't really prefer that type of film in the first place (was watching it with my dad).

Loved the first one too, didn't see the 2nd one yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2012 edited
    Demetris wrote
    What was so wrong about Battleship? I found ID4 for instance much more ridiculous...at least Battleship was a honest, big music video-clip like, Michael Bay wanna be fun ride, it was dumb from the beginning and it knew it, it didn't have problem admitting it through the whole montage and dialogues, i found that it didn't take itself seriously from frame 1 and i loved that.

There's your problem right there. Also, ID4 actually had a story.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    ID4 actually had a story.

-Erik-

vomit
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2012
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

vomit

I'm with you, flag waving utter shite!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2012 edited
    It still had a story. Flag waving or not. Battleship was a poor excuse to blow billions of dollars on a two hour CGI bukkake!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2012 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

vomit

I'm with you, flag waving utter shite!

Yep! Though it did have some iconic visuals which, at least for me, have stuck with me (and although we'll never agree on this, a damn fine score!). Though I did watch it when I was young... but even nostalgia can't save this film. It's terrible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    although we'll never agree on this, a damn fine score!

I agree actually. Great score. Bought the complete edition as soon as it was released. A treasure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The score is another thing it's a gem! But the movie is horrible. I found BATTLESHIP at least had humor on itself smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2012 edited
    Watching this video is quite amusing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfuuSwF4 … ure=fvwrel

It shows Silvester Stallone's complete lack of competence as a director of film music! It's hilarious. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2012
    I prefer to watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLdFNLH-xQM

Turn the volume up, pure awesomeness!!!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2012 edited
    This whole notion of Tyler not having any talent is utterly ridiculous. I personally don't like a lot of his music and he's far from being a good melodist but he's not devoid of talent. And that's a fact!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote

:like:
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    This whole notion of Tyler not having any talent is utterly ridiculous. I personally don't like a lot of his music and he's far from being a good melodist but he's not devoid of talent. And that's a fact!

-Erik-

Well, yeah. Personal grievances aside, it's hardly worth mentioning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2012
    Demetris wrote

:like x 10:

I'm a bit late to the party, but great discussion about Tyler on the Now Playing thread. No need to mention I'm a huge fan of his music, and his coolness.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    My girlfriend likes Brian Tyler.
    All your arguments are invalid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    lol applause yeah
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Your girlfriend likes Brian Tyler.
    Your post is invalid.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    My girlfriend likes John Williams.
    Nobody's post is invalid, I just like to share that.
  2. You have a girlfriend who likes scores?
    Your post is made up.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    justin boggan wrote
    You have a girlfriend who likes scores?
    Your post is made up.

Actually, I do. smile
  3. I was bantering at Steven, but ... can you prove that? Have you checked? tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2012
    Film score fans with girlfriends? What complete and utter poppycock!
  4. Timmer wrote
    Film score fans with girlfriends? What complete and utter poppycock!

Never tell women about your love of film music until after you are married!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Hmmm... My wife knew of my love for film music years before we married.

-Erik-
  5. Erik Woods wrote
    Hmmm... My wife knew of my love for film music years before we married.

-Erik-

Mine too. I don't know what came over me. Listening to Zimmer's The Dark Knight Rises at the moment and it must be addling my brain or something.
    shame
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. I had a girlfriend who liked scores.
    I now prefer to call her 'fiancee' now.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    :like: