• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I'd love to put together a playlist of film scores that motivate me to be more active. Would love your input of ones the come to mind. So far I was thinking:

Derezzed - Tron: Legacy - Daft Punk
    Furious 7 - Furious 7 - Brian Tyler
    Is She With You - Batman V Superman - Hans Zimmer & Junkie XL
    Themyscira - Wonder Woman 1984 - Hans Zimmer

I haven't been ruminating on this too long, so my list is very short so far, please share your ideas of other good tracks to add for an awesome workout!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2021
    There was a time, when I used to go for walks a lot, I'd listen to John Powell's Bourne scores. There's a great sort of energy in them that would keep me going at a pace.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2021 edited
    I haven't really worked out since the fall of 2017 (which is part of the reason for why I've gained a staggering 30 kilos). But back when I did, I never really listened to music while jogging. And when I was in the gym, I listened to whatever inane pop they played over the speakers. I prefer to have my "senses free", so to speak.

That being said, film music would not be my go-to music. I would probably listen to some hardhitting rock or EDM (like psytrance and goa). Rammstein would be good. EDM stuff like Juno Reactor, Paul Oakenfold, Paul van Dyk, Infected Mushroom. Maybe some synthwave stuff (I could throw a few film music items in there too, actually).
    I am extremely serious.
  2. LSH wrote
    John Powell's Bourne scores.

Excellent addition! Thanks!
  3. LSH wrote
    There was a time, when I used to go for walks a lot, I'd listen to John Powell's Bourne scores. There's a great sort of energy in them that would keep me going at a pace.

I remember having to pick up the pace to get to a concert on time (it was walking distance) and the Bourne ostinato got in my head, I almost felt like a Paul Greengrass film camera operator biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. Yeah, that will get your blood pumping!

Thinking about it, I could just look up all the "chase" music cues, not sure that would be quite the same type of motivator though, haha. More like a flight/panic motivating, and I originally was thinking something pulsing and energetic, but still fun!
  5. Somebody should try the 4 hour mix of Justice League, if that doesn't make you run ... AWAY, nothing will tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  6. Haha! That's a good one!