• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2019 edited
    Marco Beltrami - Friday 18 februari 2019

The WSA Ceremony is this year on a FRiday, and they invited MARCO BELTRAMI!
    https://variety.com/2019/music/festival … 203173610/

Tickets on sale from tomorrow!
    www.worldsoundtrackawards.com
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2019
    Yes, I saw the announcement on Facebook. Great choice; met him briefly in LA in 2012.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2019
    I am thinking about it. Still not sure if I want to go.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I see that the WSA is now being hosted on a Friday. But is there a lot of related things happening before that in the week?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yes, the night before is an other concert (on Thursday), no programme announced yet. There's no other events announced yet. Often, Vooruit is hosting all sorts of things as well, but more artsy. The film festival itself runs from 8 until 18 October.

Next year WSA will be held on a Saturday again.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thanks!

Alas, with the demise of RyanAir's cheap flights from Norway to Belgium a couple of years ago, getting to this event has become more difficult for me.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    You mean Brussels? Have you looked at Amsterdam? Ghent is pretty easy to get to by train from both airports
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yes, Brussels. I've never checked out Amsterdam. Are there really direct and cheap trains from there? How long does that take?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    Oh never mind, 3-hour train for 29+ euros. (One-way)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2019 edited
    Yeah, I checked too. Combined price for flights and trains amounts to the same, or higher, as flying with Brussels Airlines directly (which is currently the cheapest option for Norwegians) -- and it takes longer. So unless I were to combine it with a holiday in Amsterdam (which I haven't been to since the 90s), it's not going to happen.
    I am extremely serious.