• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2017 edited
    2017 is almost over and for me personally I didn't find many film music favourites. I have the impression that is what most here experienced as well. However, I have a lot of favourite tracks (perhaps that is also due to the Spotify age) but for some reason they can't convince me to listen to the full cd again. It has never been fantastic somehow.

I'm sure I missed a lot of scores so here's a thread for our favourites this year to get me up to date on what I missed. Thanks a Spotify Best of 2017 playlist I discovered Tokyo Ghoul, which has some very good pieces. If there could be one "rule" then that is that I don't want just a list. A description, or a "favourite scores within the movie"...

Concert wise it was also very quiet. I think there was only WSA which I attended, and that was just a fine concert but nothing more. I skipped the JNH concert.

As for movies, my favourites were Dunkirk, Call Me By Your Name, You Were Never Really Here. Haven't seen Coco, The Last Jedi, The Square and Blade Runner unfortunately (the latter running for a very short time).
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2017
    I'll post my Top 10 of the Year webcast soon, as well as my Top 20 movie list at Montages, so I won't give anything away just yet. But yes -- my top 10 this year is weaker than previous years.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Not a great year, but there were a handful of very strong scores, particularly (as I'm sure Thor will agree) by Michael Giacchino and Alexandre Desplat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Not a great year, but there were a handful of very strong scores, particularly (as I'm sure Thor will agree) by Michael Giacchino and Alexandre Desplat.
    `

Ha, ha....I'll pretend they never existed in the first place.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2017
    Dreadful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    LSH wrote
    Dreadful.

Personally or film/film music-wise?

I think I have about the same amount of dreadful things to say about the personal year of 2017 (and I'm well aware of your "escape").
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2017 edited
    I try not to hold too much emotional significance to a year, which is essentially a unit of time like any other. But you can’t help it sometimes. 2016 was bad. 2017 was terrible. Hope 2018 is back to being bad, at the very worst.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Warmest wishes to you, Lee. I could 'harp on' about the difficulties of 2017, but I'd rather keep it to myself.

Meanwhile, I'm all open to discussing the best/worst films and film scores of the year.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2018
    Damn, all those bad stories. I can only wish a much better year for you both. And I hope you will all be all right soon.
    Kazoo