• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2016
    SOUNDTRACKS LIVE! BRINGS SIX FILM MUSIC CONCERTS TO MILAN, ITALY
    “SPACE SYMPHONY” TO INCLUDE WORLD PREMIERE OF
    12 MINUTE CONCERT SUITE OF JERRY GOLDSMITH’S “TOTAL RECALL”

Soundtracks Live! announces three programs and six concerts to be presented in Milan, Italy, during the 2016 summer season. The three concerts are entitled Superhero Symphony, A Tribute to Alfred Hitchcock and Space Symphony to be performed by the Orchestra Sinfonica di Milano Giuseppe Verdi at the Auditorium di Milano, Italy. The concerts will be conducted by Ernst van Tiel, a veteran of film music concerts who had also conducted the Academy Award winning score for The Artist (2011). Two of the concerts will feature remarkable world premieres, including a selection by Blake Neely from his work on The Flash TV series and a newly assembled 12 minute Total Recall suite from composer Jerry Goldsmith who has just been awarded a posthomous star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

“These concert programs, which are all part of the growing Soundtracks Live!, catalogue, are always tailored to meet the demands of each client, and for La Verdi we wanted to offer the opportunity to present a couple of world premieres. Total Recall is considered to be one of the most effective action film scores ever written, and is without doubt the quintessential Jerry Goldsmith work. It is an honor for Soundtracks Live! to premiere this new concert suite in Milan,” said Soundtracks Live! artistic director Mikael Carlsson.

The first program will be Superhero Symphony with two performances: the first one on July 28 at 20:30, followed by a second performance on July 31 at 18:00. The selection will feature the world premiere of a suite from CW’s The Flash, composed by Blake Neely. The program will also include titles like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Brian Tyler), Captain America: The First Avenger (Alan Silvestri), Thor (Patrick Doyle), Spider-Man (Danny Elfman), Fantastic Four (John Ottman), X-Men 2 (John Ottman), Batman (Danny Elfman), Hellboy (Marco Beltrami), Superman the Movie (John Williams), The Rocketeer (James Horner), The Incredible Hulk (Joe Harnell), Supergirl (Jerry Goldsmith), Judge Dredd (Alan Silvestri) and The Shadow (Jerry Goldsmith).

The second program will be A Tribute to Alfred Hitchcock - the Master of Suspense will be honored with two performances: the first one on August 4 at 20:30, followed by a second performance on August 7 at 18:00. The selection contains the best-known Hitchcock scores from the director’s oeuvre, including Psycho (Bernard Herrmann), Vertigo (Bernard Herrmann), Rear Window (Franz Waxman), North by Northwest (Bernard Herrmann), Dial M for Murder (Dimitri Tiomkin), Rebecca (Franz Waxman), The Trouble With Harry (Bernard Herrmann), The Man Who Knew Too Much (Bernard Herrmann), Frenzy (Ron Goodwin), Spellbound (Miklós Rózsa), Topaz (Maurice Jarre), Stage Fright (Leighton Lucas).

The third and final program to be featured in Milan is Space Symphony, a collection of the best sci-fi music from Hollywood. The first performance will be on August 10 at 20:30, followed by a second performance on the following night: August 11 at 20:30. This program will feature the world premiere the Total Recall suite by Jerry Goldsmith, who will also be represented with music from Alien, Planet of the Apes as well as Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Other selections will include Avatar (James Horner), The Matrix (Don Davis), E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (John Williams), Close Encounters of the Third Kind (John Williams), Contact (Alan Silvestri), and the the unused score for 2001: A Space Odyssey (Alex North).

www.soundtrackslive.com
    www.laverdi.org
  1. a bit sad about the timing, I mean the first is already in a couple of days?
    No way I could plan something with work now.

Too bad considering Milan's not that far away, and the program does look inviting sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2016
    Yeah, I know it's a bit late here. For what it's worth, I first announced these concert on FB on June 22, and I think I've posted info on the Soundtracks Live FB page on a daily basis since then... https://www.facebook.com/soundtrackslive/ - best place to stay up to date on our projects!

There will be more concerts in the future.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2016
    I'm glad to see you get this business off the ground, Mikael. I know it's tricky.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. moviescore wrote
    Yeah, I know it's a bit late here. For what it's worth, I first announced these concert on FB on June 22, and I think I've posted info on the Soundtracks Live FB page on a daily basis since then... https://www.facebook.com/soundtrackslive/ - best place to stay up to date on our projects!

There will be more concerts in the future.

no problem Mikael, you can't post everywhere smile
    if there are future concerts, I'll be sure to follow the upcoming info smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh