• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2016
    As you know I work part time at a thrift store and today was a good day as several RCA Living Stereo CD's came in and I grabbed them. The sound quality of these were really a step above. I'm listening right now to one called 'Pops Roundup' the first selection being a compilation of all the TV western themes, well 9 of them. Arranged by Richard Hayman who was a fine composer, arranger, orchestrator, and conductor.

As a bit of trivia does anyone know the one film featured on the CD.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  1. When was this CD released? And does it feature Rawhide? biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Rawhide, The Ballad of Paladin, Wyatt Earp, Wagon Train, Gunsmoke, Bat Masterson, The Rebel, Maverick, and Bonanza are included. It was recorded in 1962. If you PM me I'm sure it can be sent to you. Let me know
    Tom
  2. Why don't you also put it into the Henk Baddings folder in your Dropbox? wink biggrin
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Good thinking Volker. I'll still need to get the address of where to send it.
  3. If you still have that "Henk Baddings" folder in your Dropbox, just copy the album (or a zipped version of it) in there and I'll get it. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    sdtom wrote
    Rawhide, The Ballad of Paladin, Wyatt Earp, Wagon Train, Gunsmoke, Bat Masterson, The Rebel, Maverick, and Bonanza are included. It was recorded in 1962. If you PM me I'm sure it can be sent to you. Let me know
    Tom

Oooo!
    That sounds good!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. Tom, you should presently find a zipped folder "John Debney" in said Dropbox sub-folder.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2016 edited
    Bregt, how do I turn the option off to view other people's PMs? I'm sure Volker and Tom would be surprised to know I can read their messages. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You can't.
    Once you're a secret Mod it's one of the standard functions of the board.
    Just like the access to everyone's webcam through tunnel-through VPN.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    You can't.
    Once you're a secret Mod it's one of the standard functions of the board.
    Just like the access to everyone's webcam through tunnel-through VPN.

But mah privacys. shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What about it? Surely you've got nothing weird or unnatural to hide?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Looking quite academic there. biggrin In my defense, many of my books are on my iPad. I'm also 12 years old and still play with toys.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2016 edited
    Steven wrote
    Looking quite academic there. biggrin In my defense, many of my books are on my iPad.

Can't do that. Traceability. I'd never be allowed into the US ever again.
    Or Russia.
    Or be allowed to remain in The Netherlands, for that matter.

I'm also 12 years old and still play with toys.

I'm wise, old and mature and cannot relate.
    At all.
  5. Steven wrote
    Bregt, how do I turn the option off to view other people's PMs? I'm sure Volker and Tom would be surprised to know I can read their messages. Thanks.

You can't. If you could, I would by now be in prison. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    We'll see, Volker. The investigation is ongoing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    What about it? Surely you've got nothing weird or unnatural to hide?

biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The Pops Roundup is now in the Baddings folder. If you send me an address Martijn of where you want it sent I'll invite you so you can listen to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2016
    I'm working on another RCA Living Stereo I got in the pile called Greatest Marches in Hi Fi again withe the Boston Pops. This one was released in Mono because the Westrex stereo cutter hadn't been perfected yet but it was recorded in 3 track stereo on an Ampex that recorded at 30IPS. Will put up a couple of the marches and you'll be surprised the quality.
    Tom