• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2016
    She is the composer for The Chinese Room studio who has produced well-acclaimed video games such as Dear Esther and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.

Curry's score for Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is a particular highlight in the game. As you walk through a village in Shropshire trying to figure out what happened to all of the people who lived there, there is a beautiful sense of sadness which Curry portrays perfectly. It is a mix of somber choral music and emotional themes (usually on a solo violin).

Check it out:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geAnnlZMngI
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Agreed. EVERYBODY'S GONE TO THE RAPTURE is absolutely stunning -- not only the best videogame score last year, but also one of the very best scores regardless of genre. Never played the game, and probably never will, but the soundtrack has been going on repeat here for months now.

Very excited to see what she comes up with next.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Not much, sadly. She was the co-founder of the studio and due to a "degenerative disease" and problems women have in the industry (though I don't know how closely it's related to Gamergate), she quit the studio. I wish she did more.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2016 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Not much, sadly. She was the co-founder of the studio and due to a "degenerative disease" and problems women have in the industry (though I don't know how closely it's related to Gamergate), she quit the studio. I wish she did more.

Quitting the studio is one thing. Not worried about that, and I'm sure she would land many projects regardless. What's more disconcerting is the information about her condition. That's terrible! I see that she goes into some detail about it here:

http://www.thechineseroom.co.uk/blog/bl … inese-room

Maybe that's why RAPTURE is filled with so tremendously beautiful and heartfelt music -- she's really pouring herself into it.

In any case, from the letter above it looks like she will still be writing music from now on -- both for games and other things. So let's enjoy it while it lasts.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I disagree with her statement about the stroke. It does very slowly get worse day by day. Ex. Today I don't have the energy to go to my car and get a clock I'm suppose to repair. My leg won't let me. Tomorrow I might be better. But there will be a point where I won't be able to walk. It really got better for awhile and has slowly gone backwards.
    listen to more classical music!
  2. Thor wrote
    Agreed. EVERYBODY'S GONE TO THE RAPTURE is absolutely stunning -- not only the best videogame score last year, but also one of the very best scores regardless of genre. Never played the game, and probably never will, but the soundtrack has been going on repeat here for months now.

I was pleasantly surprised by that score (especially for a game). One track made it to my best of 2015 compilation
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. I want to play that game at one point... sounds like something I'd enjoy, a sort of audiovisual story with some puzzle elements. I heard her music in Dear Esther and it created a unique atmosphere, but that game isn't terribly long, it's more a hour long walking simulator where you get to take in the visuals and ambience, while a narrator guides you, with ambiguous rambling on.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2016
    I wonder what disease?
    listen to more classical music!
  4. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thor wrote

I was pleasantly surprised by that score (especially for a game). One track made it to my best of 2015 compilation

Which?
  5. KevinSmith wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thor wrote

Which?

I made a mix of the first and second track combined smile , 5 lovely minutes
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2016
    Also Dear Esther and Amnesia: Machine of Pigs have pieces which are quite good.
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2016
    DreamTheater wrote
    I want to play that game at one point... sounds like something I'd enjoy, a sort of audiovisual story with some puzzle elements. I heard her music in Dear Esther and it created a unique atmosphere, but that game isn't terribly long, it's more a hour long walking simulator where you get to take in the visuals and ambience, while a narrator guides you, with ambiguous rambling on.

You should.