• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2015 edited
    This year's edition seems to be cancelled?
    http://nueva.bsospirit.com/index.php/se … de-cordoba

Guests were Bear McCreary, Howard Shore, David Shire, Murray Gold, Kenji Kawai, ...

I heard there were some issues already? Mikael was "not needed" for example, while he organised a lot of the concerts in past editions; It would've been the 11th edition.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2015
    What a confusing press statement. Were there two festivals? Or did the festival change names halfway through? And it was taken away from them by the interior ministry?
    confused
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2015 edited
    Yeah. I don't understand much of it. I just got a "Yes" from MundoBSO to my question "Is the festival cancelled?" It certainly has something to do with the change of government. Like last time when there were issues, I think about 5 years ago?
    Kazoo
  1. Well, the thing is that, according to one of people who were close to the organizers (he ran the Jerry Goldsmith awards, but they also made him "redundant" this year), they knew what was going on when they were announcing the guests.

I'm observing the situation closely, but as it seems, the relationships between major film music review sites in Spain is strained at best and when there was a short-lived Madrid festivals, the (then-Ubeda) BSO Spirit guys had issues with that as well.

Mikael was "not needed". Another guy was fired from the organization because he organized HIS OWN concert in the same city.

What's going on there?!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. The situation in Poland was also awful years ago and I have to admit, I was largely (if not almost exclusively) to blame for that... But still, this is just downright weird. The head of MundoBSO is trying to find out what's going on on his own Facebook.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    "major film music review sites "...isn't that a bit like saying "world authority bloggers on milk bottle cap collecting "?

I wouldn't think they'd be an organisational and financial force to reckon with.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    PawelStroinski wrote
    The situation in Poland was also awful years ago and I have to admit, I was largely (if not almost exclusively) to blame for that...

No no, don't blame yourself. I think that was Hitler's fault.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin

Martijn wrote
    "major film music review sites "...isn't that a bit like saying "world authority bloggers on milk bottle cap collecting "?

I wouldn't think they'd be an organisational and financial force to reckon with.

I can't believe this whole thing. What a complete chaos!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    It appears there's a tender to organise a new festival in October.
    Kazoo
  3. Martijn wrote

FInancial maybe not, but as an organisational and inspirational force... film music sites where film music is possibly more popular than here in Poland, it's a big possibility that they could spread their wings organisation-wise.
  4. Martijn wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    The situation in Poland was also awful years ago and I have to admit, I was largely (if not almost exclusively) to blame for that...

No no, don't blame yourself. I think that was Hitler's fault.

It was our fault. We should never have left there... No, no, that was irony ... no, don't hit me, argh!! wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    applause
  5. OK, I had it properly explained, so I didn't mistranslate the issue from the discussions I observe:

The whole discussion and controversy is whether the festival organizers announced the program knowing that the festival wouldn't happen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oddly enough, that doesn't clear things up at all. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I have no idea what any of this is about. Is Star Wars still happening? That's all I'm worried about.
  6. PawelStroinski wrote
    OK, I had it properly explained, so I didn't mistranslate the issue from the discussions I observe:

The whole discussion and controversy is whether the festival organizers announced the program knowing that the festival wouldn't happen.

If the organisers knew it wasn't going to happen but announced it was going to happen...then had to cancel it officially, doesn't that suggest to the casual follower that they organisers had intended to have it go ahead but were somehow thwarted in their efforts. Thus focusing blame on others?

I'm sure this isn't what happened and is just a possible scenario. That probably didn't happen.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn