• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2014
    Demetris wrote
    Steven wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Those who didn't like Copperhead, Winnie Mandela, or this year's The Liberator: you have no souls.

Go listen to the Abyss end credits.

....Fact?

Heard it when you first posted it and was reminded of it (have heard it in the past). I don't think it's that great. Reminded me of Elliot Goldenthal's FINAL FANTASY type of writing, only not as good i am afraid.

You're weird. And equally wrong.

Also, new thread. Fact.
  1. Demetris = Thor 2.0?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2014 edited
    Heard it when you first posted it and was reminded of it (have heard it in the past). I don't think it's that great. Reminded me of Elliot Goldenthal's FINAL FANTASY type of writing, only not as good i am afraid.

dizzy
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    justin boggan wrote
    Demetris = Thor 2.0?

Whatever gave you that impression? What Demetris said in that post is the exact opposite of what I would say (although I do love Goldenthal's FINAL FANTASY). In fact, Demetris and I have been disagreeing on an awful lot of evaluations recently.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. That's what makes him 2.0 = he's still weird in his taste, but he's new and improved. You're the old 30 minute model.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Did you just make a "30-minute joke", Justin? Wow, that's fantastic. I've never heard one of those from you before. You're so innovative and clever in your retorts.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Theory of Everything - Johan Johansson

Well, this is bloody good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote

I prefer him when he's more gloomy and melancholic, to be honest, but yeah -- nice surprise. Glad to see he can do other 'sentiments' too.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'm the only person in the world who didn't like Prisoners, so it was a very nice surprise for me.
  3. Southall wrote

I much prefer him when he's more gloomy and melancholic too. Didn't like this much at all.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2014
    Southall wrote
    I'm the only person in the world who didn't like Prisoners, so it was a very nice surprise for me.

I didn't like it either. I'm astounded at the praise it's received. Fine (if depressing) film though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PRISONERS is so much up my alley, it's ridiculous. Ethereal textures with a religious/psalm-like tinge -- the best of both worlds!
    I am extremely serious.
  4. NP: Le Cinéma de Claude Sautet - Philippe Sarde
    On Universal France

Very nice music here.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  5. NP: Le Mépris and excerpts from other scores by George Delerue
    On Universal France

Gorgeous!
  6. Vangelis - Antarctica

Beautiful. I haven't seen the film, but I bought the CD very cheaply after seeing it in the store and checking out if I really want it. I did.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Vangelis - Antarctica

Beautiful. I haven't seen the film, but I bought the CD very cheaply after seeing it in the store and checking out if I really want it. I did.

A lovely album this!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Vangelis - Antarctica

A lovely album this!

Jawohl.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE BLACK HOLE - John Barry

For me the old LP was lacking some excellent cues. Thankfully, by a near miracle known as Intrada we have a complete release, something that unlike, say, Horner's Star Trek scores, I thought would never happen. This is brilliant!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. ^ Still also one of my favourite scifi films.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzUJJKDa558
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    NP: Edge of Darkness - Howard Shore

I like this. Good last minute replacement score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2014 edited
    Captain Future wrote
    ^ Still also one of my favourite scifi films.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzUJJKDa558

I always thought Anthony Perkin's character suffered a graphic and grisly death for a Disney film.

A very hit/miss film. The design of Maximilian should be far more iconic and well known than it is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2014
    I can understand a certain amount of nostalgia towards The Black Hole, but it's pretty bad.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I can understand a certain amount of nostalgia towards The Black Hole, but it's pretty bad.

Yeah, I think nostalgia plays a big part. A better more serious sci-fi could have been made if the film makers hadn't pandered to the Star Wars audience. Still, it has some genuinely good moments and a great cast.
  9. Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Yeah, I think nostalgia plays a big part. A better more serious sci-fi could have been made if the film makers hadn't pandered to the Star Wars audience. Still, it has some genuinely good moments and a great cast.

I think that some of the exterior shots are well done. But anything filmed inside or featuring people/robots is pants.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2014 edited
    NP: Four In The Morning - John Barry

This is very good but I need something a bit more cheery before turning in for the night!

[Edit] iTunes delivers: Mahito Yokota's "Gusty Garden Galaxy" from Super Mario Galaxy off the "Greatest Video Game Music Album".
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE FILM MUSIC OF - Brian Easdale

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Southall wrote

I much prefer him when he's more gloomy and melancholic too. Didn't like this much at all.

It's fantastic. Lyrical and thematic.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  10. NP: Watership Down (2000) - Mike Batt

I am a little bewildered: The album I own apparently was an exclusive German release. It was marketed under the German title Unten am Fluss, also the booklet is all in German.
    Mike Batt's discography on Wikipedia does not even cite this album. It seems like there was no international counterpart of this album back in the year 2000.
    Later in 2009 Batt released an album pairing his score from Caravans with the instrumental tracks from Watership Down as part of his archival series. Not contained there were the songs found on the German CD in addition to the score tracks. Vocals are by Stephen Gately, Cerys Matthews, Art Garfunkel, Mike Batt and Paul Carrack. "Frith's Blessing" is narrated over a choral piece by Gary Martin.

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I haven't got it to hand Captain but my copy doesn't have any of Caravans on it. And I may well have had it as long ago as 2000.
  11. http://www.amazon.com/Watership-Down-Mi … B000055XBX

Probably that German release on Polydor was also on sale elsewhere.